Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2004   #21
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I think D Rob showed that he is learning and improving. He still got turned around a couple of times, but he seems to be learning and made two great picks, I hope teams keep picking on him. It will only quicken his improvement and help our team in the long run.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie
i didnt aggree with the drafting of dunta or babin but dunta looks good early.
im still bitter bout wilfork being passed on for babin so we'll see.
Wilfork wasn't on the board when we drafted Babin. Wilfork was drafted 21st overall. We traded up to 27th to take Babin.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #23
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie
i didnt aggree with the drafting of dunta or babin but dunta looks good early.
im still bitter bout wilfork being passed on for babin so we'll see.
I disagree, I think Babin is doing well, you only hear his name on the good open field tackles he makes, you never hear about him getting burned or man handled, and for a rookie I think that is good. I think the more comfortable he gets the more we will hear his name for the good plays.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #24
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I've read a lot of Babin vs. Peek here (and other places) lately. For my money I want Babin in there 100% of the time and Peek in on passing downs .... Peek has more burst no doubt but he seems one dimensional at times ... Babin seems much stronger ..... there were several plays yesterday where he pushed his blocker backwards and harrassed Collins .... Peek seems to want to try to run around his blocker with a minimum of contact .... that's great if he makes it but if he doesn't then he's copmpletely out of the play .... let's find a way to get them both out there ...
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read