Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2004   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default National Respect

After i got DVR from time warner this past week, i have been able to record alot of shows on TV, and i have noticed that we are getting alot of respect in the national media, probably more than you'd expect for an 0-2 3rd year expansion team.

--Michael Clayton has called the chiefs and Texans the 2 teams most likely to rebound strong from an 0-2 start even though one will start 0-3 he still thinks either can rebound.

---Mark Schlerth has said that basically both offensives are close to equal this season factoring the injuries to Kinneson and Holmes. But he has said the Texans defense is better and has a better chance of putting a crucial stop on the KC offense than the KC defense would have at stoping the Texans offense.

---CBS sportsline.com has all its pros picking us over KC.

-------------
I think this game will come down to offensive execution, can each offense keep up point for point with the other, and which team can make a crucial 4th qtr stop on defense. i think the defense will only have to have 2 strong defensive stops late in the second half to beat the Chiefs.

The pressure is on our offense to keep the production up and the turnovers down agianst this weak defense.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #2
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i think the defense will only have to have 2 strong defensive stops late in the second half to beat the Chiefs
Only? That's exactly two more crucial stops than we've had all year (in the fourth quarter).
Old 09-24-2004   #3
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I take that back. Kailee Wong sacked Joey for one, and we did stop the Lions on 3 and out early in the fourth last weekend. But, I remember giving up those back breaking 3rd and longs against both teams.
Old 09-24-2004   #4
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

well, what i meant was that our offense should keep us into the game in the 4th qtr, so our defense doesn't have to pitch a shutout until late in the 4th, thats what i meant by only.

and that being a pre requisite to win, that not saying anything on prior performance.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Isn't it hard to believe that the game where we get 40-something yards of total offense is our only blowout in the teams history? It would be nice to throttle someone. Lets score 21 in the first half and 21 in the second half and win 42-17 or something like that.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas

---CBS sportsline.com has all its pros picking us over KC.
They have us covering the spread...not to win.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #7
Panther5407
All Pro

National Respect??? What the heck is that, the Texans certinally never had it before.
Old 09-24-2004   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of talk has gathered around Holmes playing or not but we have been pretty poor at covering TEs this year and KC has a pretty darn good one in Tony Gonzalez.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, i've seen nothing from this point to understand the merits of "National Respect". I don't see us winning this Sunday. I hope and pray we do though.
Old 09-25-2004   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Several pundits had a lot of positive things to say about us before the season
started, some even saying we were going to be the NFL surprise team of the 2004 season. But then we pretty much wasted all of that with our sorry performance against SD. To get NR back, we're gonna have to do it the old
fashion way (earn it).
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care about national respect or being favored in the Vegas. All I want is this team get a win on Sunday and until they do that they don't deserve any respect. I know we've played better than our results show, but we have to win first before we get any respect in this league. I personally think we lost that Chargers game because we were favored in the odds and in the national media. Maybe it's not the total cause of our defeat, but I think it did play a role in it.
Old 09-25-2004   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen to that brotha!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #13
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I agree, at this point we don't deserve national respect. Respect for what, our 0-2 record? We know what our team can do, we don't need the talking heads on TV to tell us.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #14
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Today we earned respect folks. Way to go Texans! Let's make it 2 in a row!
Old 09-26-2004   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

And we did it with a high national audience. 2 or 3 games ended and cut to the end of ours.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read