Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2004   #41
steve_rutledge
Rookie

Default #1 and #2

Andre will be the #1, Gaffney is #2, and Bradford #3. With already a full season together and they know each other, I think the season will be alot better.
J.J. Moses with settle himself into the leading kick and punt returner.
steve_rutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #42
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, if one of the young newbees shines, I think he's on the cusp. Gaffney has done better, but I don't think he's a certainty.
For him to be released, he would have to be knocked out by two of the "newbees". In other words if he is now the 2nd or 3rd receiver, it would have to look something like this without him:

AJ
Gaffney
Armstrong
Sloan Thomas
Jermaine Lewis

You take the bottom two off that list and replace them with any of the "newbees" if you like. My point is this; Armstrong and any of the two rookies of your choice will not force Bradford out of a job this year. I think he will still be the same Corey Bradford, but he will be here at least one more year. After that, I think we look to upgrade his position, possibly within.

You can bet that Gaff is a certainty. He's in his third year, (about the time it takes a receiver to get accustomed to the league) has excellent hands, runs good routes, and he was about the 4th option in a very limited offense. Look for increased production from him this year.
Old 05-13-2004   #43
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I posed the questions I have posed, because I would hope people would reflect back over time and think of all of the 3rd down situations when we simply could not complete a pass to keep a drive going. We are obviously not as effecient as we would like to be on 3rd down situations. Particularly those longer than 2-3 yards. Some would say its Carr, some would say its the line, and I'm suspicious of our receivers - both TE's and WR's. I think this year we will have a great deal more competion than ever. If some of the verterns do not make it and we have a good year, then we might find the problems were with the receivers. The Texans are certainly not giving us much to talk about, so we might as well start a conversation among ourselves. I think our ball club has to improve in a number of areas and offense is certainly one of the leading candidates. Because of Capers attention to defense, I simply think that side of the ball takes care of itself. However, offense is a different question and I would like to see it receive more attention.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #44
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Fair enough, and I see your point. I just think with DC in his third year, the improvement of our offensive line, the new found running game (which should be even more improved), and with the addition of Bruener and Joppru, you will see a more consistent offense. One that is allowed the time to check down to the third and fourth options. Gaffney will also benefit from the teams constantly doubling AJ. Or will it be Bradford burning them with the slant?
Old 05-13-2004   #45
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_rutledge
J.J. Moses with settle himself into the leading kick and punt returner.
If they keep Moses, Sloan Thomas will not make the team. Thomas is praying that Duff beats out Moses as the KR and PR.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read