Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2004   #1
done88
Veteran

Default Olandis Gary

THe Texans need to pick him up for depth. What do ya'll think?
Old 09-23-2004   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions website said he was released from IR. Is that right? Nevermind I found it. Is he still supposed to miss another three months with the shoulder injury?

Last edited by texan279; 09-23-2004 at 12:40 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #3
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Who would we cut to get him? Wells? i kinda wanna see what wells can do in short yardage situations.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he is going to be out for any length of time with injury, I don't want to cut anyone to sign him. We are fine at RB with Davis, Hollings, and Wells anyhow.
Old 09-23-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
If he is going to be out for any length of time with injury, I don't want to cut anyone to sign him. We are fine at RB with Davis, Hollings, and Wells anyhow.
Agreed. We've got good depth at the RB position.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Agreed. We've got good depth at the RB position.
I am not so sure about Wells in short yardage. I like the other 2 tailbacks & Norris & Baxter.but none are over 245lbs. My philosophy inside red zone is power rushes to score. Field is too compressed for a pass (misdirection passes seem to cause as many problems as they solve in that area). I wished we had a back about 260-265 that could power for 3 yards even if the other team knew he was coming. Even if he could only get 6-8 carries a game. I used to think a tight end could fill that role. In place of a lighter fullback, he could run the ball or block for Carr if play broke down on a blitz.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Wells is listed as 6'1'' 245lbs. That's not bad. He is the same size as Mike Alstott, and only 5 pounds lighter than Jon Ritchie.
Old 09-23-2004   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see what Wells can do in his third year a little more. Maybe some goalline situations will be good.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

From what I have seen of Wells this season, he looks to be in the best physical shape since he has been with the Texans. Although, he hasn't actually played much.
Old 09-23-2004   #10
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

You don't want Gary. He was terrible last year, released from IR this year. Next year you won't need him. I'm amazed at the number of different boards where this guy has been brought up.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

I agree 1005. IMO we don't need him now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read