Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-13-2006   #21
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take LenDale with our 5th rounder.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #22
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
dude i have to say i would agree... not only because im a d-brick fan but because it makes sence...DD is a back that is good enough to get first and second down yardage, with white in on third down and red zone (goal line) our touchdown numbers would sore.Brick is the best o-line prospect since orlando pace and would upgrade the line so you can move pitts back to guard. i think there is no point in taking bush because we already have a 1000 yard rusher and if you add white he could possible be like jerome bettis at the goaline and the best thing about him is that he doesnt fumble.
At least someone sees it.

I have to say people who think LenDale isn't worth drafting are absolutely out of their minds, or they're never seen him play.

He has set TD records at the university that has produced more elite NFL RBs than anyone. More than OJ Simpson, more than Marcus Allen, more than Reggie Bush, more than all of them. He buldozes D-lines. He is automatic on short yardage. His "terrible pro day" is greatly exaggerated. First off, USC pro day isn't even the combine. It's pro day. Nobody cares about it. Secondly, he didn't work out much at pro day because he had a minor hamstring tear, not because he's lazy.

When LenDale White becomes an NFL superstar, I'm going to reference this thread and say "I told you so."
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
. He may not have the flash of Reggie, but he gets TDs at will, gets short yardage at will, and can drag defenders with him.

All Ive got to say to that is .... Its 4th and 2 with the National Champoinship on the line ...And the guy got STUFFED ....

I dont want White , He's got a torn hammy .... (Joppru) ..... and I dont care for his work ethic one bit . You dont come to the combine or pro day over weight and out of shape , that is just pure ignorance . If the guy cant get it together for arguably the biggest day of his young life what makes you think he's gonna get it done every Sunday in the NFL ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #24
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I'd be fine w/Fergueson but not so fine with white.

I know I would like the extra picks, and a great OLman, but I think that we should take more of a speed running back in the draft, if we can do that then I wont be too mad if we pass up on Reggie.........or Mario!

I mean we could take players like

Thomas Howard if he drops to the early second and with the picks that we get for trading down we could even get Mathias Kiwanuka.

So all in all, I really dont mind trading down......But NO LenDale White. We already have a 3rd down back. Dominick Davis!!!
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read