Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004   #501
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Given time Carr can make reads and hit receivers, but when the O-line gets blown up a good portion of the time you have to dump it to DD. I won't criticize Carr for throwing to DD until I see better pass protection.
Old 09-19-2004   #502
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Thankfully I didn't read the entire thread. I just picked it up on this page where you said they were both very unimpressive.
Old 09-19-2004   #503
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Given time Carr can make reads and hit receivers, but when the O-line gets blown up a good portion of the time you have to dump it to DD. I won't criticize Carr for throwing to DD until I see better pass protection.
Don't you think that we committed to Dom well before protection broke down on several plays? I am going to watch this again tomorrow but I don't feel like Carr had a tremendous amount of heat today.
Old 09-19-2004   #504
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

It could be worse. Our coach could be Dave Wannstadt and our QB, AJ Feeley.
Old 09-19-2004   #505
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
It could be worse. Our coach could be Dave Wannstadt and our QB, AJ Feeley.
Oh geesh, I was just thinking that as I was watching Wanny's Miami Bears.
Old 09-19-2004   #506
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Carr had some heat, it just wasn't off alot of blitzing.

Shaun Rogers was chaos in the middle.
Old 09-19-2004   #507
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Don't you think that we committed to Dom well before protection broke down on several plays? I am going to watch this again tomorrow but I don't feel like Carr had a tremendous amount of heat today.
No. I think there were a few designed plays to go to DD. Carr got sacked five times, and avoided a few more by scrambling. His one pick he threw off his back foot as the pocket collapsed. I think Harrington and Brees have both had better protection.
Old 09-19-2004   #508
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Turnovers and a big special teams brainfart cost us this game. Roy Williams is a mutant.

I love D.D. but if he's going to continue to be the focal point of the Texans offense he's going to need to take care of the ball.

Carr started horribly, finished well but the bottom line is that his team lost - again - and the bottom line for a QB will always be on the scoreboard and his team lost today. If he didn't throw the ball so hard he'd have had another two INTs. It seemed like it took him awhile to settle down. Given time, I know Carr and Co. can light up a defense. Maybe we should start establishing the passing game to open up the run.

Bring back the run 'n shoot!

j/k
Old 09-19-2004   #509
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
If Carr had the Lions OL, he would be awesome.
If the Harrington had the texans Running Game and simplistic offense

He would be awesome

Hey!!

LETS TRADE!!!

Actaully

both had QB rates in the 100's
I guess they were both Awesome

DOH!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read