Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2004   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
How many times do you see a back run right up into the backside of his blockers?
Everytime they hand it to Hollings between the tackles.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #22
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Man Bottle O Bud we all know L.T is good but right now were talking about D.D ya know the texans Running Back. I say Davis Can get just as many yards ans tomlinson this season.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #23
geekster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Man Bottle O Bud we all know L.T is good but right now were talking about D.D ya know the texans Running Back. I say Davis Can get just as many yards ans tomlinson this season.
Hmmm... The guy that started this thread was asking if DD is the "quickest back in the league" and the answer to that is no. If you don't want to hear "who" is the quickest that is fine.

DD is one heck of a RB and plays the game in the fearless manner it deserves - he's not going to get beat out of being the starter here for a LONG time. I just get sick over people getting down on him. So NO - he isn't the quickest or the best - but he is the quickest and best in this division and that's good enough for me.
Old 09-15-2004   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

But i still believe he can get just as many yards on the ground this year as Tomlinson,,,you dont agree ?
Old 09-15-2004   #25
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Man come on do you thin D.D can get as many yards as L.T ? i aint playing you here what i'm saying,,,,,so please reply,,,we know D.D is better so no need to lie
Old 09-15-2004   #26
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Everytime they hand it to Hollings between the tackles.

Fiddy, you gonna let him get away with that one?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #27
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
it all depends on how we use him. if he gets as many carries as him then of course, barring injury. but their offense is a run first completely, they will run prolly 60 65% if they can. aso one of the runnin backs that will get caught from behind after a break. if you have watched some of his games he will maybe break for 50 but he will get caught from behind, kinda like dd would/could.

but to answer your question.......a lot of people may not agree, but this is my opinion. i think nody hits the hole faster than thomas jones for the bears or charlie garner for the bucs. if you watched garner run for the raiders he is/was one of the quickest to play for a while....(past 3-4 years)
Yeah, Garner is another really quick back that's underrated IMO.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #28
RunninRaven
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
3 to be exact my texan pa'tna great quickness, ability to break tackles in ALL ways great vision all of what yall said up there. if not the quickest, maybe the top 3 or 4 but good enough for me, and good enough for 1000 yards in 10 games last season!!! quicker than kevin jones!!!
Actually, he had 4 fumbles, but only lost 3. In 14 games, I don't think that is too terribly bad, although definitely something he could work on.

As for the yardage, I think his skills are that he could rush for as many yards as Tomlinson were he to get as many carries, but that ain't happening. I think he will be much closer to getting the same combined yardage as Tomlinson.
RunninRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #29
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Domanick Davis......the quickest RB in the league to fumble.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read