Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2004   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitLions
Its not just a line who makes a runner a 1200 yard RB... you need a RB too... and for theTexans bringing in Todd Wade, the Lions brought in Damien Woody... Is i just me, or would any sane person rather have Woody then Wade..?
Hmm well as i recall Our one running back rushed for more yards than yalls 2 put together ! Obviously were doing something right !!! I'd rather have Wade.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004   #22
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Its not just a line who makes a runner a 1200 yard RB... you need a RB too... and for theTexans bringing in Todd Wade, the Lions brought in Damien Woody... Is i just me, or would any sane person rather have Woody then Wade..?
DD ran for 1031 last year while starting 10 of the games. Not sure where the Lions RB is, and as far as the Woody/Wade debate goes it's not accurate since they both play different positions. Before you say "They're both OLinemen" you might want to notice the difference in size of the two. Each are better suited for the positions they play. We have Zach Weigert and Chester Pitts at guard. Wade is a talented young tackle, and he just makes our running game better while giving us better pass protection. Weigert has played very well for the Texans, and was a large part of DD's success last season. Pitts moved back inside from LT to LG(his more natural position), and has played very well thus far through the preseason and regular season. So you'd be better off making your argument concerning those two.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004   #23
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Hmm well as i recall Our one running back rushed for more yards than yalls 2 put together ! Obviously were doing something right !!! I'd rather have Wade.
You also played San Diego... name a good person in San Diegos front 7... give me the Bears front 7 over the Chargers front 7 any day...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #24
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Donnie Edwards for one, and name me a very good starter on the Chicago front 7 that isn't a rookie, or coming off of an injury (Urlacher). Ogunleye perhaps? You do realize that the Lions didn't face the 85 Bears dont you?Add to that the Lions 3rd down conversions (2 of 14 or something like that?), and your running/passing game isn't a beacon of efficency either. I really don't see your argument for the Lions RBs. You have a talented rookie who is unproven, and had a 2.2 ypc average. The guy will be good eventually, but he won't be Barry Sanders right away. Weren't the Lions last in rushing last year as a team? Say what you will about DD or the Texan's OLine, but at least both are proven, and are only getting better.
Old 09-19-2004   #25
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Donnie Edwards for one, and name me a very good starter on the Chicago front 7 that isn't a rookie, or coming off of an injury (Urlacher). Ogunleye perhaps? You do realize that the Lions didn't face the 85 Bears dont you?Add to that the Lions 3rd down conversions (2 of 14 or something like that?), and your running/passing game isn't a beacon of efficency either. I really don't see your argument for the Lions RBs. You have a talented rookie who is unproven, and had a 2.2 ypc average. The guy will be good eventually, but he won't be Barry Sanders right away. Weren't the Lions last in rushing last year as a team? Say what you will about DD or the Texan's OLine, but at least both are proven, and are only getting better.
while we are excluding people. why dont you just say anyone inthe front 7 who isnt wearing blue and orange... the Bears front 7 is 10x better then the Chargers... yes, i agree D.D. is a proven NFL back, but what isnt proven about theLions O-Line...? RT-Stockar McDougle, a good tackle, still with ALOT of potential and upside... its just a shame the Lions probably wont be resigning him next year... RG-Damien Woody, a proven winner... C-Domonic Raiola, can play on the level of any center in the NFL, just not consistently... LG-David Loverne, a Journeyman, far exceeding expectations since hes been with the Lions... LT-Jeff Backus, a top 10 tackle last season, and still has room to get better. not to mention 3 of the 5 starters haveing been playing together for 3 years...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #26
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Our Oline can not block, because they aren't asked too...

How often do we ever pull our gaurds?

NEVER

It's always an iso or offtackle, we never demand anything from our Oline in the forum of agressive blocking.

Then, THEN, we always try and run the ball, so if it's the playbook. CHANGE THE PLAYBOOK.

If it's the players, STOP ****ING RUNNING THE BALL TO SET UP THE PASS THIS IS THE WCO NOT *head explodes*
Old 09-19-2004   #27
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
while we are excluding people. why dont you just say anyone inthe front 7 who isnt wearing blue and orange... the Bears front 7 is 10x better then the Chargers... yes, i agree D.D. is a proven NFL back, but what isnt proven about theLions O-Line...? RT-Stockar McDougle, a good tackle, still with ALOT of potential and upside... its just a shame the Lions probably wont be resigning him next year... RG-Damien Woody, a proven winner... C-Domonic Raiola, can play on the level of any center in the NFL, just not consistently... LG-David Loverne, a Journeyman, far exceeding expectations since hes been with the Lions... LT-Jeff Backus, a top 10 tackle last season, and still has room to get better. not to mention 3 of the 5 starters haveing been playing together for 3 years...
I'm simply stating that the Chicago front 7 isn't the best or one of the best front 7's in the NFL. Green had 103 yards on him in the first half. They're talented, but they're also very young. They aren't the Chicago Bears of old.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read