Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2004   #1
DetroitLions
Rookie

Default Different prespective of Lions and Texans Matchup

Feel free to agree disagree with my analysis... please explain why also, i like having insight from other teams fans... this is not really based on depth eaither becase that would be looking too far into things...
OFFENSE
QB - Carr vs Harrington: a great story a breat debate... both have struggled since being in the NFL... Edge: push, both have yet to prove anything...

RB - Davis vs Jones - Jones, well is a rookie, and Davis has become a borderline very good NFL RB... edge Domanick Davis...

O-Line - Lions vs Texans: Texans O-Line is decent but not great... Detroit's O-Line somehow got the persona of being terrible, while i think they are very good... ESPN has bettered my argument by ranking the Texans O-Line 21 and the Lions O-Line 13... Edge: Lions

FB - Norris vs Schlesinger: Norris isnt healthy right now, and Baxter is the backup... Corey "sledge" Schlesinger is IMO the toughtest fullback in football, and is he a very good blocking FB... Edge Lions

WR - This is a simple one... With Rogers the Lions are better, without Rogers the Texans are better... Edge: Texans

DEFENSE
Defenseive front 7: its hard to comapre a 3-4 to a 4-3 so i will just leave thatup to someone else, who might have a solid stance about it... but based on the Lions DE's sucking and having a razor thin core of LBs due to injuries, this can only go 1 way... Edge: Texans

CBs: very much like the WRs. with Bly and Bryant the Lions have a clear edge.. but without, i have to give this one to the Texans, Glenn is a good CB, and Coleman is a pretty good starter... Edge: Texans

Safeties - even with the amazing performance last week, Bracy Walker still isnt a very good Safety and would have to have more good games to show last week wasnt a fluke(92 yard blocked kcik return, and game winning INT)... Marion is old, but disguises his loss of physical ability well, by playing with what he has -- experience... Brown and McCree were both less then spectacular last season... but the stats look better then the Lions... Edge: Lions...(Brock Marion isnt all the way done, and has been around)...

Let me know what yiu guys think...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read