Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2004   #21
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Nice attitude
Now that is an intelligent response. All I know is that a Charger TD reception was made in the End Zone with not a single defender anywhere near. I only want to know what the break down on defense was.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #22
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta Robinson was in man coverage against Reche Caldwell on that play with no deep safety help. Caldwell gave him a double move (just like Drew Bennett did to Marcus Coleman last year) and Dunta slipped and fell.

On Parker's TD, Coleman bit on the pump fake left and didn't get over in time. It wasn't Glenn's man per Capers.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #23
Boxscore
All Pro

Thanks AJ for the imformative answer.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #24
geekster
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Man aint it bout time you went to the next opponents message board and looked like a fool there ? Cause the games over and noone really cares anymore so later !!! Plus Brees is not all he's cut out to be he just exposed or rookie cb and helped his stats a little !
Don't worry too much about FAN - the only reason he came over here in the first place was getting spun up by a trio of Houston smack talkers on the Chargers forums (about 500 messages of it last week and quite a show). Most Houston fans are a bit more sophisticated (did I spell that right)?

Brees is in his 4th year and doing a great job. His stats were better than David's last year - but he got yanked for "not taking care of the ball" only because the Chargers have the best "relief pitcher" in the league in Doug Flutie. Don't believe me - you can check it out on NFL.COM - his stats had David beat - (not bad for a boy from Texas eh?). As bad as we were - even Doug could only go 2/2...

Drew is now going into his 4th year and I expect him to do great things this year. Like looking off the Texans safety to the left (who bit BIG time) then throwing a TD strike over a shutdown corner that though he had some help back there. Not a bad play by either the Safety or Cornerback - just a great look-off by Drew.

Unfortunately - since managment decided to bring in Phillip Rivers I don't know if he will be a Charger next year or not. I see him staying only if he KNOWS that PR has to WIN his job from him and not have it just handed to him. I sure hope so - ya need an iron man or two quality QBs to go anywhere these days. Look at what happened to the Falcons... For that matter the same thing could happen to Detroit next week.

You are certainly right about one thing - the Charger game is over. Lets see if your/my team can learn from it and go kick some Detroit BUTT!
Old 09-15-2004   #25
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Not sure if this pick has been posted yet, but here's Glenn.

But like aj said before Parker wasn't Glenn's responsibility.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #26
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Not sure if this pick has been posted yet, but here's Glenn ... But like aj said before Parker wasn't Glenn's responsibility.
See the three guys with the red vests? It wasn't their responsibility either, although they are in the picture.

We've been told that the Texans were in a three deep zone and that Glenn had the deep outside, not deep middle. When they outside WR stayed short and Glenn saw that Coleman wasn't in the middle, he flowed to the middle, but obviously too late. I guess he should have stayed away to make sure no one thought it was his resposibility.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #27
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
See the three guys with the red vests? It wasn't their responsibility either, although they are in the picture.

We've been told that the Texans were in a three deep zone and that Glenn had the deep outside, not deep middle. When they outside WR stayed short and Glenn saw that Coleman wasn't in the middle, he flowed to the middle, but obviously too late. I guess he should have stayed away to make sure no one thought it was his resposibility.
I guess you misinterpreted my post. It wasn't meant to be sarcastic or anything. I just posted the picture because it was the catch that some thought was controversial, and it was related to the thread. I listened to the same Dom Capers radioshow where he was asked about that particular play, and explained it wasn't Glenn's responsibility. That's why i referenced aj's already mentioning that point. Sorry if it was confusing.
Old 09-15-2004   #28
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I guess you misinterpreted my post...
Please accept my apology.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004   #29
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
Please accept my apology.
Don't worry about it. It's always hard to discern sarcasm on a MB, and I'm sure it gets misinterpreted all the time.
Old 09-16-2004   #30
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I heard on 610 this morning that they are giving Faggins and Earl more p.t. in practice. I guess if Robinson and Brown continue to struggle, they will make a move.

Personally I wouldn't mind Faggins starting at corner and Robinson learning the ropes as our nickel back (like Trufant did for Seattle his rookie year).

I also wouldn't mind seeing McCree get some reps at SS. He is a veteran and has experience at both safety positions. He has better coverage skills than Brown. Earl may be the future at SS but he is coming off of a tough injury AND is a rookie.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004   #31
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I heard on 610 this morning that they are giving Faggins and Earl more p.t. in practice. I guess if Robinson and Brown continue to struggle, they will make a move.

Personally I wouldn't mind Faggins starting at corner and Robinson learning the ropes as our nickel back (like Trufant did for Seattle his rookie year).

I also wouldn't mind seeing McCree get some reps at SS. He is a veteran and has experience at both safety positions. He has better coverage skills than Brown. Earl may be the future at SS but he is coming off of a tough injury AND is a rookie.
Are you sure Trufant started out as a NB for the Seahawks? I thought he finished the season as the starter, and, arguably, their best CB. I think the reason to start Robinson was just his potential upside, but I wouldn't be opposed to Faggins seeing the field more if Robinson has a hard time adjusting. One concern if McCree comes in at SS in place of Brown is that teams with a good running game will likely try and run it on us more. I, for one, consider our running defense more of a strength, but I'm sure with essientially two free safeties back there that it could be exploited somehow. I'm not as concerned with Brown as most are. Gates isn't your average TE, and most TEs that Brown covers aren't going to give him the fits that Gates did. However, that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing some of Glenn Earl once he gets healthy enough to play, and learns the playbook.
Old 09-16-2004   #32
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if you check, you will find that Trufant started at CB from Day 1, as did Ken Hamlin, their rookie FS last year.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron was shutting down one side of the field:

Quote:
Former Pro Bowler Aaron Glenn lived up to his reputation as a shutdown cornerback; the Chargers did not attempt a pass to his side of the field.
Link
Old 09-16-2004   #34
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Aaron was shutting down one side of the field:

Link
That article kept mentioning the Dunta would be lined up against Williams. Wonder where they get that info from, or is it because Glenn just usually plays left corner, and doesn't swap sides?
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read