Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2004   #12
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I have no problem with that but it wasn't successful both times. The first time they ran it (on the 1st and 20 in the 1st quarter) it failed miserably.
I believe they ran the play the first time on the 2nd play of the game (2-3). Carr passed to Davis (LB racing to cover him on the sideline) and it was completed for 8 yards and a 1st down.

You are referring to the the play after Miller's hold, I believe. This play looks like the same play to me, but there must be something different. Maybe Davis is motioning out of the backfield instead off lining up on the sideline? On the second play of the game, Davis is lined up as a WR and you can see a LB sprinting out of the middle of the defense (late) to cover him.

I had not looked at the tape prior to the post, I was just passing on what Capers said during his radio show and he said they ran it successfully twice, although Davis fumbled the second time.

The play you mentioned, Carr did give it to Baxter, but I didn't notice much of a LB shift out of the middle (like Capers mentioned).
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read