Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2004   #81
tsquared
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Texans had the most players on IR in the NFL last year. That's not even debatable. It's a fact.
Vinny...with them arguing the real numbers it become painfully obvious why California is referred to as the land of Fruit and Nuts...
tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #82
Jwwillis
All Pro

Kinda nice having the homers come in and stirr the pot. Although, I'm missing the grief we get from the real contenders. They don't have to ignore the stats to make there points. It does get frustrating trying to convince the blind left of the obvious.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #83
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Clark Judge's Thought on S.D......

I'm sorry, but unless you have LaDainian Tomlinson on your fantasy football team or are related to Drew Brees, there's not much reason to watch the Chargers. They should be awful, and this is their first opportunity to prove it.

CBS Sportsline
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #84
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

NEWSFLASH......

Former Dolphins RB and complete moron Ricky Williams was sighted in San Diego, smoking some wacky weed with Charger fans. Several smokers of the laced weed were reported as bieng delusional. Ricky wanted to be with others that shared his delusions of adequacy.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #85
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Hanik Milligan, Toniu Fonoti, Eric Parker, Tim Dwight, and Courtney Van Buren were all on the Chargers IR last year and aren't mentioned above.

The Texans had 17 guys on IR but 1/4 of those wouldn't have made the team anyway and were hurt in training camp (Herndon, Dennis, Lorenti, Lynch). Even though the Texans had a lot of injuries, that stat was always a little overused to me.

Arguing about who had more injuries last year is kind of a moot point right about now, doncha think?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #86
Low Life
Rookie

Not that it matters because all in all this is last year that i'm talking about and tomorrow's gonna be the texans future and the charger's after life but Lucky failed to include on his injury report that DD didn't start for the first 6 games. tisk tisk.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #87
DominatorDavis
Veteran

The Chargers waterboy, one of the members of the turf crew, and a fellow who sells cotton candy in the stands during SD home games were all injured as well.

The team was decimated. It was just awful.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #88
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Talking chargers win

ok I will be here tomorrow around 9 am or so PST And will make a thread called Boltz vs Texans look for it so I can see all your ptetty lil avatar's crying.
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #89
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
ok I will be here tomorrow around 9 am or so PST And will make a thread called Boltz vs Texans look for it so I can see all your ptetty lil avatar's crying.
You will probably be the only one here. Most of us will be at the game.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #90
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers win

i dunno i'm sure there will be a few leftovers wo couldnt get or afford a ticket. either way whoever is here were going to have fun talkin smack during the game
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #91
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Quote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...fine%3A+avatar

Avatar: Definition - From the Sanscrit for the incarnation of Godhead, an avatar is the 'body' you 'wear' in a virtual community - an animated, articulated representation of a human which represents you, the user, in any virtual environment. Some of the more sophisticated chat rooms provide the facility to 'chat' over the 'net via the visual representation of interacting human forms.

Also:

An avatar is a graphical representation of a person, which you can use in some 3D style chat rooms. Each person in the chat room chooses an avatar to represent themselves.

I do not think that you are using that word correctly. Unless are applying it to "SDBoltz" as well. And then in that case - it is "pretty" and it is little. And after tomorrows game you will be crying.

Looking forward to your thread - it should be entitled "How the Texans whooped us...by SDBoltz.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #92
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Quote:
just a question how much did it hurt to see the titans in the super bowl in 99?? not joking just wondering if it was particularly painful and if it still hurts. because i gotta admit back in the early 90's and "the house of pain" with moon givens haywood jeffries you guys had a pretty good squad used to watch em all the time when i was out in sugarland. and do you have a hatred for the titans now???

YES WE hate the titans yean it wasnt a good feeling how as soon as they left here they went to the superbowl,,,but we'll beat them this year . miami sucks so their win over them dont mean shizit.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #93
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Hanik Milligan, Toniu Fonoti, Eric Parker, Tim Dwight, and Courtney Van Buren were all on the Chargers IR last year and aren't mentioned above.

The Texans had 17 guys on IR but 1/4 of those wouldn't have made the team anyway and were hurt in training camp (Herndon, Dennis, Lorenti, Lynch). Even though the Texans had a lot of injuries, that stat was always a little overused to me.

Arguing about who had more injuries last year is kind of a moot point right about now, doncha think?
Extreemly moot point but again I was responding,I didn't start the thread.You said exactly what I said earlier.1/4 of your injuries wouldn't of made the team or they were back ups.The ones that did start were not out at the same time.My point! over 95% of our injured were starters and 9 of them were out at the same time! ESPN last season also talked about how unfortunant that was for the chargers and it was a first in NFL history that many starters out at the same time.

p.s.Guy's if we can't talk football please do not respond.Yes, I am from L.A. born and raised and if we were just going to talk smack all of those who just wanted to sound cool with sarcasm please belive me when I tell you they weren't even funny and you make yourself out to be realy easy targets.My jr.high days are over and choose to talk sports.Just like Shamrock I'll be in here win or lose tomarrow.We will win though = )
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #94
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The ones that did start were not out at the same time.My point!
Your point isn't accurate but again, it means nothing today. The Texans had around a dozen that mattered on IR last year, plus others (like Carr, Peek and DD) who mattered and were banged up but didn't go on IR.

Gary Walker and Seth Payne (2/3 of our starting defensive line) were out essentially the entire year. Milford Brown (starting OG) went down in Week 2 and was never the same. Aaron Glenn (Pro Bowl CB) was hurt in Week 4, never recovered, and was eventually IR'd. Antwan Peek (situational pass rusher) missed the first three weeks of the season. David Carr (starting QB) missed 1/2 the season. He, Tony Banks and Domanick Davis (starting RB) were all out at the same time around Week 13 or so. Kenny Wright (nickel) and Ramon Walker (special teams standout) went out late in the season. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting but it not worth any more time because I'm kind of focused on today...

Last edited by aj.; 09-12-2004 at 05:29 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #95
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I stumbled upon SDBoltz's personal homepage. Take a look!

SDBoltz
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read