Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2004   #21
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

being an Ex-AFC East fan, I have watched the Colts offense for DECADES now. EJ is not back to his form of yesteryear. He has always had something of a problem fumbling, particularly when he is making a 'second effort'. Just as he fumbled last night, unfortunately at the goal line. They had the ball in the red zone 4 times and didn't score, that is NOT typical Colts offense. I think the Colts offense was ok last night. But I also think that any game when Marvin Harrison is basically shut down means the offense was definitely NOT 'clicking'. Now don't take my remarks to mean that their offense was horrible, it wasn't. But believe me it was NOT anywhere near their 'best effort'. I truly hope that we play this same offense when they come to Reliant, as it will mean we definitely have a chance to pull off the win. But I think by then, they will have worked out the kinks and being running on all cylinders, regretably, for the Texans.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts had 446 total net yards with over 200 on the ground (4.8 average) and 28 first downs. I'd say thats "clicking".
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure we (Texans) would be pretty happy with that amount of production from the offense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #24
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
best 2... maybe. nobody great on either end.
Yeah, but to say no defense is an understatement. Their pass rush is questionable, but their run defense is pretty doggone good. And yeah, best front four is an overstatement.
Old 09-10-2004   #25
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts had 446 total net yards with over 200 on the ground (4.8 average) and 28 first downs. I'd say thats "clicking".
take away Wayne's 1 receiving catch for 42 yds, and Clarks 1 receiving catch for 64 yards and that puts the Colts passing offense at a grand total of 150 yds for a game. That is NOT clicking for a Colts offense. As noted above when you shut down Harrison who actually caught 7 pass's for 44 yds then you can say your 'D' did its job. EJ was good, I don't dispute that, but I have seen him in much better form. Given that he fumbled 2 times I would say that he difinitely didn't bring his 'A' game.

The Colts offense was not 'clicking' IMHO. They did a good job of making yards in the middle of the field and not of scoring. 446 yds and they had a grand total of 24 points. 17 of which came in the 2nd QTR alone. They made a whole 7 points in the entire second half.

And 4 of those 28 first downs were on penalty's. Some of which were questionable at best. But you and I won't ever agree on those 'zebras' on the field V, so I will leave that one alone.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read