Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2006   #61
Boxscore
All Pro

If Pittsburgh wins, the co MVP's should be "fast" Willie Parker and Ike Taylor.
Old 02-05-2006   #62
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Seattle is really getting Hosed on some of the calls tonight
Yep, ya got that right! That first interference call against the Hawks told us how the game was going to end. JMO!! I felt from the beginning that regardless of how well the Hawks played, they would NOT win this game.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #63
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Fed Ex commercial with the cave men and dinosaurs was the highlight of the Super Bowl for me.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #64
Boxscore
All Pro

Yee Haa!!!!

CONTRATULATIONS
STEELER FANS
Old 02-05-2006   #65
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The Fed Ex commercial with the cave men and dinosaurs was the highlight of the Super Bowl for me.
"but FedEx doesn't exist yet!"
"Not my problem"
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #66
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hines Ward won the MVP? Give it to TWAAN!
Old 02-05-2006   #67
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked all the Bud Light comercialls, especially the one where the dude hid all the beers all over the office. I almost died laughing where that one guy started punching holes in the walls.

I also liked the pick up football game where the guy nailed the girl. "you said you were open, well now your closed"

all in all though it was a down year for comercials

The streaking sheep wasn't bad either

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #68
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the fed ex one .. and the one where the small clydesdale was trying to push the budweiser wagon.. little did he know the two big ones where helping.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #69
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
I liked all the Bud Light comercialls, especially the one where the dude hid all the beers all over the office. I almost died laughing where that one guy started punching holes in the walls.

I also liked the pick up football game where the guy nailed the girl. "you said you were open, well now your closed"

all in all though it was a down year for comercials

The streaking sheep wasn't bad either
Instead of the SuperBowl thread, lets make this "your favorite SB commercial." My vote goes to the aforementioned revolving Fridge.
Old 02-05-2006   #70
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
all I know is some companies might want a refund on their commercials (did I hear right 2.5 million for 30 seconds?)
I think I heard that too. It's pretty rediculous considering how horrible the game was and a lot of fans probably stopped watching it. Disappointing game all together, horrible calls by the refs and could someone please tell my why with 2nd and 10 and how John Madden kept saying that they should go for a long ball and then kick a field goal if it didn't work out, why Seattle threw the ball about 2 yards in front of the line of scrimmage twice in a row and then with no timeouts ran to the line and threw the ball up to Jeremy Stevens for him to drop about his 5th pass of the game. I was looking forward to a close game, but this definately wasn't close.
Old 02-05-2006   #71
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Instead of the SuperBowl thread, lets make this "your favorite SB commercial." My vote goes to the aforementioned revolving Fridge.
Is it just me or do the Super Bowl commercials get worse and worse every year?
Old 02-05-2006   #72
txlonghorn14
Rookie

i friggin called it. SEATTLE SUCKS, HELL YEAH BLITZBURGH
Old 02-05-2006   #73
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If I hear "as cool as the other side of the pillow" one more time I'm going to puke.

I can't stand Stuart Scott, he tries to make the sports highlights more about him than the highlights

- Edmund Burke
Old 02-05-2006   #74
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Pretty boring superbowl with some terrible calls -- should have been a closer game IMO.

Glad to see the Bus and Cower get their rings though.

Fed X commercial was a classic.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #75
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
If I hear "as cool as the other side of the pillow" one more time I'm going to puke.

I can't stand Stuart Scott, he tries to make the sports highlights more about him than the highlights
At least you don't have to hear Neil Everett while Scott is talking and looking at opposite sides of the building.
Old 02-05-2006   #76
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Is it just me or do the Super Bowl commercials get worse and worse every year?

no, the expectation for them gets higher and higher. It's insane that people actually watch the Super Bowl for the freaking commercials....they are commercials.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #77
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
no, the expectation for them gets higher and higher. It's insane that people actually watch the Super Bowl for the freaking commercials....they are commercials.
What ever happened to the "Bud Bowls" and budwieser needs to bring back the frogs and lizards.

- Edmund Burke
Old 02-05-2006   #78
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
When they cost millions of dollars per minute, they have to be amusing. Whats worse is that the commercials were much better than the game.
Old 02-05-2006   #79
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks did get hosed on some critical calls, but they had the game in their control had:

a) They kept feeding the ball to Darrell Jackson
b) Stopped forcing the ball to Jeremy Stevens
c) Josh Brown nailed the FGs

Count me as one of the people who questioned the Big Ben TD and the chop block call on Hasselback, but the Seahawks were +2 in the TO stat prior to the Taylor INT. I think that balances things out.

Halftime Show Note: It got me way more amped than Paul McBorefest. That made it OK in my books.

Commercials: Bring back Terry Tate!

Final Note: I first called for the game to be decided by the second quarter. I was off by 40 or 50 seconds, but close enough.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #80
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

The halftime show looked more like the Dawn of the Dead. The NFL has to put the Janet Jackson flash behind them and truly entertain their fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read