Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2004   #21
Texans Longhorns
Rookie

Chris Simms looks much better than Ragone and Simms has less real game experience.

I think the difference between the two QB's that were drafted in the 3rd round is glaring. But then again as my username indicates, I am biased. We will be able to compare on Thursday.
Texans Longhorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #22
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what is funny is that with college stats. Ragone was fairly close to some highly thought of Qb out of Michigan that we drafted and traded to the cowboys .. dare I mention that name
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #23
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I liked Ragone when he was in college, and I still think he has the potential to be a good pro QB. He still has another whole season to improve, but starting next year, his window will narrow dramatically. If he doesn't improve enough, I believe the Texans will go in another direction, and Rags will have to either find another team to play for or go and get a real job. Even though I hope he can live up to his potential, I think he will ultimately be passed up by B. J. Symons. But that's just my opinion.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #24
Jwwillis
All Pro

Denver is really big on Quinn. They are wanting to make him the #2 right away. The Texans have one of the best #2's in the league when he is on. Banks won't continue to play as he did against Denver. He had a bad day and was working with 2nd and 3rd string receivers. If he were thrown in as a starter due to injury in the regular season things will be much diffrent. I just hope it never comes to that. Problem is Banks is sure to leave after this season and one of our remaining 2 will have to fill in..who? its wide open
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #25
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Denver is really big on Quinn. They are wanting to make him the #2 right away.

Denver cut Mike Quinn today.

Reference
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #26
Jwwillis
All Pro

! lol..Really ? The fans on the message boards wanted him no2 and i thought i saw a piece in the Denvber Post that they liked him. my bad
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #27
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Thumbs up Ragone

Left handed QB who in 2nd year is being forced to change his delivery. I think he was drafted to use as trade bait in another year or two anyway. Banks has proven to be a solid QB his career. I want to see how BJ Symmons grades out. As no one was interested in signing Banks after 03 season for a large increase, I think he may sign another 1 year deal for 05 and by then I hope Symmons may be #2.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #28
CAJ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
I have came to the conclusion that if we have to play Ragone at all this season, we are screwed.
I feel you man, I came to that conclusion when I went to some of those free practices. Can you believe that this fan actually had the nerve to say to me that Ragone was better than Banks. (At the cowboy game) I just said,"Nothing". What do you say to an *****.
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #29
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
After reading this thread, it is no wonder at all why there are so many "FIRE [insert name here] NOW" threads. The knee-jerking that goes on, it's surprising that most of you don't need arthroscopic surgery at the end of each season.

Last year, when Carr was hurt, Banks played so well that some of you were hoping that Banks remained the starter even when David got well. But now, in the preseason, after playing behind a line whose only future will be to turn in their playbooks tomorrow, all of a sudden he's terrible?

Yeah.

RIGHT!

And as for Ragone, I seem to recall somewhere that Palmer has decided to change Ragone's mechanics. So I'd slack off on the shin-banging, and maybe work a little harder on the slack-cutting.

It's only fair, ya know.

No lie i think that banks won 2 of our games for us and helped us beat the falcons before he got injured so considering thats nearly half of or wins i wouldnt say he's a bad back-up. And i have also seen alittle spark in Ragone this preseason considering he's playing with 2nd and 3rd players. Some of yall judge a lil to fast.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #30
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No lie i think that banks won 2 of our games for us and helped us beat the falcons before he got injured
The Texans were behind the Falcons 7-3 and wandering aimlessly when Banks left the game. Carr came in and sparked them to that victory.

Simms looked good on his first drive but after that he was nothing special. The ball the threw on the int was terrible. Ragone looks lost. Banks looks lethargic.

Last edited by aj.; 09-03-2004 at 01:22 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #31
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't Tony Banks been to the superbowl?

Why didn't we keep Henson and trade Ragone instead? Was that because Henson is considered a better prospect?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Henson (or his agent) basically made it clear that they didn't want to be in Houston being we already had our star QB. They wanted to go to a place where he (Henson) can compete for a starting job
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #33
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Was he afraid of the competition huh?

What happens if Carr doesn't deliver this season - would trading Henson seem like a big mistake?

Was just reading about the Jags win over the Patriots and both the back ups Dave Garrard and Quinn Gray had good sessions - though it wasn't against the Pats first string D.
Leftwich disappointed 4 of 8 for 24 yards and the Pats didn't use the first 11 defence against him either.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan1969
What happens if Carr doesn't deliver this season - would trading Henson seem like a big mistake?
Henson would never have signed with the Texans had they not agreed to trade him. Henson would have just re-entered the draft. Signing Henson as a backup to Carr was never an option for the Texans.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Henson reportedly had two big reasons in his mind for not wanting to play for the Texans: (1) the fact that they already had a "franchise" QB and (2) he wants a really big stage--signed with the Yankees, refused to be traded and then identified the Packers and Cowboys (two teams with very storied franchises that get a lot of national attention and prime time exposure) as teams he was willing to be traded for.
Old 09-03-2004   #36
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Banks seems out of it but I think he'll improve during the season when it counts most. Ragone needs to go IMO and will be so glad when he's gone. I know some of you think that we (those of us who are anti-Ragone) are being to hard on the guy and giving premature judgment on him but he just isn't winging it here. The guy might have been whatever he was in college and you may say that he would perform well if he had the team.........well just what exactly are the Texans???.....a high school team???

I would like to see us pick someone up in a draft....a project that could look like a QB out there, unlike Ragone. If Banks is gone and doesn't come through next year for us then I'd like to see us go after Tim Hasselbeck if he's waived off the Redskins or wants a higher spot in the depth chart with another organization like the Texans since he's a 3rd stringer there and is really young and looks very poised.....this is if Ramsey keeps his 2nd stringer spot of course.

Last edited by SBTexans08; 09-03-2004 at 02:19 PM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read