Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2004   #21
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

If Duff wasn't injured and was released, that would've been a little more surprising. Out of that list, Renteria kinda surprised me... I guess it's due to his showing in the Dallas pre-season game.

Wish all those guys good luck in finding another team.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #22
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

If Starling continues to impress on Thursday, he is the one who is a lock.
He has got their collective attention and per Dom Capers .. plans are to test him a lot against the Bucs.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #23
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
If Duff wasn't injured and was released, that would've been a little more surprising. Out of that list, Renteria kinda surprised me... I guess it's due to his showing in the Dallas pre-season game.

Wish all those guys good luck in finding another team.
I was shock or suprised by DJ Renteria on the list also.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Starling > Moses
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #25
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I'm sort of hoping they lock Starling as well....a reciever, gunner, returner. While Moses has held his own on his duties, I think Starling is roster friendly and is more flexible around the team. I like what Moses has done but I think Starlings abilities help the Texans more than it hurts them return wise......then again...we do need a good returner for field position. It's a hard choice....I'm confident the management crew and coaching staff will do what benefits the team the most.
Old 08-31-2004   #26
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

No shocks about any of the cuts, except that some of them came this week and not next week. I am a little surprised that some of the players cut had NFL Europe exemptions. I guess the staff figured they wouldn't make the roster anyway and so it was better for the players to get cut early and try to hook on with another team.

Sievers should definitely get a job with team that needs a kicker.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #27
SESupergenius

It looks like other than Robinson and Babin, our draft was rather mediocre. We've already released 2 and 2 others havn't played in a preseason game.
Old 08-31-2004   #28
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Hard to really fault us for the Duff pick though. You cannot predict injuries.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #29
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
It looks like other than Robinson and Babin, our draft was rather mediocre. We've already released 2 and 2 others havn't played in a preseason game.

Dunno about that. If your draft lands you two starters, that's generally pretty good. As to whether or not they are GOOD starters, well...check back in a few months, right?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #30
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
I would disagree. I believe that the Texans were hoping to get two 1st round starters and so far (although it's very early), they have. They drafted Glen Earl with full knowledge of his injury with the expectation that he would progress like Hollings (limited particpation in camp, followed by a roster spot, but likely sometimes deactivated on game day (I believe)). I believe Glen Earl is scheduled to play against the Bucs. I believe that Symons is headed for the PUP list, as they anticipated.

In regards to the rest of the draft, the Texans traded down hoping to increase the numbers of 6th round and 7th round available for the practice squad. They weren't expecting that any would make the team roster, athough it's great when somebody does.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #31
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

If Starling gets placed on the practive squad, then he is as good as gone. I think JJ Moses has less of a chance.
Old 09-01-2004   #32
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
On a normal NFL team, it is surprising when 6th and 7th round picks make the squad.
Get used to it because the Texans are beginning to get as deep as average NFL teams.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read