Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2004   #221
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Found this picture. He does look to be in a lot of pain, and it looked bad as he was helped to the sideline. Hope it turns out to be something minor.

this is per Kffl.com,

Broncos | Anderson Injures Groin - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:27:13 -0700

Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said RB Mike Anderson (groin) "felt his groin pop" during the team's game Friday, Aug. 27. Shanahan said the team is going to have to keep their fingers crossed that the injury isn't too serious and Anderson isn't out a long time. He also added that the most disappointing part about it was that Anderson wasn't supposed to be on the field when it happened.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #222
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If he wasn't suppose to be on the field it sort of makes one wonder why he was then.

Somebody goofed big time and a groin injury isn't anything to sneeze at.

I know the radio announcers from 610 couldn't believe he was out there.

What a costly mistake.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #223
Jwwillis
All Pro

If Anderson is down with a groin tear the Dolphin jynx transends team boundries. If I were a RB in the league I wouldnt want the Dolphins even mentioning my name.

Quote fodder:

Chargers are toast!!

Last edited by Jwwillis; 08-28-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #224
Jwwillis
All Pro

"The Texans had two long scoring drives that featured several tackle-breaking runs by running backs Domanick Davis and Tony Hollings.

However, Denver's defense did stiffen at times, and defensive end Trevor Pryce had a big night with two sacks."

This is a quote from the Denver Post. This is all they said about the Texans offence while writing a glowing report of how dominate there offence was agains us. No mention at all about Waker,Pane,Babin, being out. Nor any mention that the 2nd and 3rd string were in when they scored the majority of there TD's. I think the homers in Denver are setting up there fans for a let down. With Anderson out they have to depend on that little 5'-7" dude to be the hoss. The Texans were throwing him around like a rag doll.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #225
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Anderson is still a viable back. The current rumor is he may be headed to the Dolphins. This may have been an audition.

I doubt he was auditioning for the dolphins' punt return team with two minutes to go in the fourth quarter of a decided and meaningless preseason game.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #226
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
"The Texans had two long scoring drives that featured several tackle-breaking runs by running backs Domanick Davis and Tony Hollings.

However, Denver's defense did stiffen at times, and defensive end Trevor Pryce had a big night with two sacks."

This is a quote from the Denver Post. This is all they said about the Texans offence while writing a glowing report of how dominate there offence was agains us. No mention at all about Waker,Pane,Babin, being out. Nor any mention that the 2nd and 3rd string were in when they scored the majority of there TD's. I think the homers in Denver are setting up there fans for a let down. With Anderson out they have to depend on that little 5'-7" dude to be the hoss. The Texans were throwing him around like a rag doll.
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Casserly stated on the pre-game show with Tim Melton that the Broncos game planned for the game all week during practice. We game planned for maybe half a practice. It was kind of funny, Casserly kept mentioning that in the commentator booth when Denver's backups took control of the game.

I am not worried at all. I like what I see. Carr looks ALOT better than he did last season (119 rating, 2 TD's and NO PICKS).
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #227
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup--No big deal either way, as far as the Denver game-planning thing goes. The worst damage was done to the Texans in the second half, and a lot of those guys won't be around to screw things up after next week.

As for the Denver media, it's no different than the TV crews that work preseason games. I watch the games on tape-delay via NFL Network, and they give us one half-game each from each team's broadcast crew. So far I can safely say that the Cowboys crew was the most condescending of the three opponents, but does that surprise anyone? All 3 of them would make really strange choices of plays to focus on and discuss (replay or commentary), but that's from my Texan-oriented P.O.V....these are local broadcasts of the opposing teams and their interests weren't necessarily on "normal" issues. The Texans crew did it too. I wouldn't expect the newspapers to do any different.

Seems to me that there's a tendency in preseason home-team media coverage to focus totally on your own team. Because so many of the names on both teams will never be heard from again, and because consumers really want to hear spin about their own team, it's probably easier that way...? Had the Denver media mentioned that the Buncos ran over a "depleted" Texans defense, I would indeed be shocked.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #228
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hometown media is just that, hometown and they pump the local team to the locals. The locals could pretty much care less about the team they are playing, they just want to hear good things about their team. Sounds a bit familiar.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #229
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I doubt he was auditioning for the dolphins' punt return team with two minutes to go in the fourth quarter of a decided and meaningless preseason game.
Where exactly did I imply this? If you read the post I made you can see that I was just mentioning that he was still a viable back and that there were Dolphin trade rumors swirling.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #230
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry vinny...the sarcasm was directed at the Broncos not you.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read