Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2004   #21
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
The passes he throws to WRs when they are 2-1 yards shy of the first down on 3rd down plays.
Yeah, but the majority of the times that this happens is when the D- line is all over him and he must get rid of the ball. Our O-line, while steadily improving, still leaves a lot to be desired on pass protection. I mean, have you EVER seen Carr have the kind of time that Plummer, Roethlisberger, Maddox, etc etc has had against us? Even Once?
Better (imo) to hope that your receiver can make a play with the ball in their hands than to try to force something that is not there. Also, the receivers can improve on cutting off their routes before the first down marker.
All in all, I think that Carr has made excellent decisions this year.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

A few posts dogging the D-line... while yes, there's room for improvement - how soon we forget the pre-season opener. Did this defense not get to the boys QB a few times... even a 2nd stringer defense?

The Pit game... I'm not even gonna count, a majority of the team didn't show up.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #23
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Agree... good call.

Flip side, don't call him Davie Franchise... sounds too close to a basketball player we had in town that didn't impress me on the team aspect.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #24
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and if Carr would have roped that one a bit more instead of floating it, I think Bradford would have had a better chance of making the reception.
Exactly what I was saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read