Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-14-2014   #441
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

I've seen a lot of "hands to the face" penalties called on the OL's through the 1st week of preseason and at least one tonight (JAX-CHI). They're saying it's a point of emphasis for this year. It's not a new rule, but I'm guessing it's an attempt to at least appear as if the league is trying to limit the advantage the offense has due to the changes in the rules regarding secondary. This might lead to a few more sacks for DL's, but more than anything it will lead to more penalties and longer games. A part of me knows that safety is important, the game is changing and will never be what it once was. But the other part of me just misses the way football used to be and wished they'd let they knock the $hit out of each other.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014   #442
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Anwar Richardson @AnwarRichardson
Quote:
Enjoying reading all the quick #NFL preseason judgments on Twitter as teams run base defenses and simple offenses
Old 08-20-2014   #443
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100821 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL
Tony Gonzalez: 'Temptation' still exists join Super Bowl contender

xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #444
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Big blow for the packers. bJ Raji out for the season with torn biceps per score app
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014   #445
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100821 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RT @mortreport: Seahawks & Pete Carroll collectively fined over $300,000 by NFL for violation of off-season non-contact rules, per sources.
Quote:
Chris Mortensen ✔ @mortreport
The @Seahawks also lose 2 minicamp practices after review of June 16 OTA practice was deemed unsuitable under CBA rules. Story on @ESPNNFL
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
#Seahawks fined $300K for CBA violations after their work in offseason practices were deemed to have too much contact (as @mortreport said)
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014   #446
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Not that I like all the limited practice rules in the CBA, but it looks like Carroll hasn't learned much since his cheating days at USC.
Old 08-26-2014   #447
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Not that I like all the limited practice rules in the CBA, but it looks like Carroll hasn't learned much since his cheating days at USC.
If this was something g negotiated by the players union I wonder why the players went along with it... unless one of them ratted him out that is.
Old 08-26-2014   #448
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If this was something g negotiated by the players union I wonder why the players went along with it... unless one of them ratted him out that is.
It must be hard for players to reconcile the conflict of being a "player" and a "team member" considering that these two entities are on opposite sides of NFL labor issues.
Old 08-26-2014   #449
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Paula Lavigne @pinepaula 21m

Disturbing.... RT Iowa State's leading rushers from 2000-2006 have all passed away. http://dmreg.co/1tGGJlt via @DMRegister
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014   #450
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 2h

RT @InsideUSC: #USC told by multiple sources Josh Shaw's injury stemmed from an incident involving his girl friend in LA
Heck of a way to treat your boy friend..................delivering bilateral high ankle sprains.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014   #451
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Heck of a way to treat your boy friend..................delivering bilateral high ankle sprains.
So wait.. that story about him saving his nephew wasn't true? What a lie to tell..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #452
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching "4th And Loud" on AMC about the KISS football team, and former Texans LB Shawn Loiseau plays for the L.A. Kiss.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #453
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
NFL confirms DJ Swearinger was not fined for his hit on Wes Welker.
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Quote:
Peyton Manning notified by NFL he is fined $8,200 for taunting of DJ Swearinger. No appeal. Peyton: "I accept it..."
Old 08-29-2014   #454
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
oh yeah, that's reeeeally gonna hurt a guy making $19,200,000 per season.
hmmm.... $19,200,000 / 659 passing attempts = $29,135.05
Just think, he drops back to pass two or three or four times and makes more than the average American in a year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #455
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Respect...

James Harrison @jharrison9292
Quote:
I have made the difficult decision to retire as of today. My love for my family and the need to be there for them outweighs my desire to play the game. I have missed too many experiences with them because I devoted SO much time to my career. My love for the game isn't strong enough to make up for missing one more birthday or first day of school. I am retiring as a man who is truly grateful for all of his blessings. I am sincerely thankful to the people who have supported me over the years, first and foremost my family, the Rooney family and my Steeler family, also Mr. Brown, the Bengals organization and fans, and last but FAR from least, Steeler Nation. Thank you.
Old 08-30-2014   #456
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Respect...

I'm going to go exactly the opposite. Sorry but trying to claim some sort of great devotion to family by a 36 year old just barely hanging on player smacks of completely disingenuous self-aggrandizing. Should have just gracefully retired.
Old 08-30-2014   #457
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm going to go exactly the opposite. Sorry but trying to claim some sort of great devotion to family by a 36 year old just barely hanging on player smacks of completely disingenuous self-aggrandizing. Should have just gracefully retired.
Meh....
As retirement announcements go, this isn't all that annoying to me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #458
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Respect...

Quote:
Was giving Harrison respect as a player. Two rings, DPOY, 5x Pro Bowl, 4x All Pro... a guy you had to account for.
Old 08-30-2014   #459
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was giving Harrison respect as a player. Two rings, DPOY, 5x Pro Bowl, 4x All Pro... a guy you had to account for.
OK apparently inferred wrong from the selected quote. On the field, sure he deserves respect for his career.
Old 08-30-2014   #460
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
OK apparently inferred wrong from the selected quote. On the field, sure he deserves respect for his career.
Yeah, he was only offered vet minimum to play and decided that wasn't worth it so he retired. Perhaps his FB announcement made his kids feel good.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read