Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-27-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Tennessee Titans over/under, 7 wins

That's what Odds makers says the PFT crew disagrees.

What do you think?
Old 05-27-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tennessee Titans over/under, 7 wins

PFT crew... lol.

What do TMZ think?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014   #3
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 4555 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans fan watches preseason opener under a stadium waterfall

Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 View Post
Titans fan watches preseason opener under a stadium waterfall

Now this is a real football fan... too much beer too fast, but he stays in his seat and just pees over the railing so he can continue cheering on his Tacks.

Old 08-12-2014   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Now this is a real football fan... too much beer too fast, but he stays in his seat and just pees over the railing so he can continue cheering on his Tacks.

Jeez, can he play RT?
Old 08-18-2014   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Over but barely. team wreaks of 8-8 and another wasted season to me. Not bad enough to get top draft pick, not good enough to be relevant.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2014   #8
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to say they get the 7 wins.

The I think that Sankey can help take some of the focus off of Locker, and help him settle into the starting role (hoping there are no injuries).

I think the AFC South is going to be a very competitive, yet utterly mediocre division this year. I have the win spread for 4th to 1st being in the 6-10 wins per team range.
Old 08-22-2014   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Over but barely. team wreaks of 8-8 and another wasted season to me. Not bad enough to get top draft pick, not good enough to be relevant.
Sounds about right to me.

Now if only I had a hunch as to what we'll do... I wouldn't be surprised with 12-4 or 4-12.... though I expect somewhere right in the middle as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014   #10
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm going to say they get the 7 wins.

The I think that Sankey can help take some of the focus off of Locker, and help him settle into the starting role (hoping there are no injuries).

I think the AFC South is going to be a very competitive, yet utterly mediocre division this year. I have the win spread for 4th to 1st being in the 6-10 wins per team range.
Titans are one of several teams where I have seen a range of 5 to 11 wins predicted by rags. Its that impossible to figure out. The one player I believe they absolutely will miss and never should have let go was Verner. Their replacements within are nowhere near his level and makes them even more vulnerable against good QBs.

Old 08-22-2014   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Titans are one of several teams where I have seen a range of 5 to 11 wins predicted by rags. Its that impossible to figure out. The one player I believe they absolutely will miss and never should have let go was Verner. Their replacements within are nowhere near his level and makes them even more vulnerable against good QBs.
I think 11 wins might be a stretch, but I'm with you they are one of those teams where there are a few question-marks (mostly due to the rookie/players coming back from injury factor).

Kind of applies for every team, but a lot of the Titan's success is going to depend on how they succeed in keeping their defense off the field. I know there is a bit of buzz about fumbles from Sankey, but he only put it on the floor 3 times last year in 300+ carries, and never really struck me as the fumblitus type. If he can make the starting role his own, I think Locker can make use of the weapons that he does have.

Luckily for the D they have the Texans and Jags twice, so that helps their exposure issues.
Old 08-22-2014   #12
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I think 11 wins might be a stretch, but I'm with you they are one of those teams where there are a few question-marks (mostly due to the rookie/players coming back from injury factor).

Kind of applies for every team, but a lot of the Titan's success is going to depend on how they succeed in keeping their defense off the field. I know there is a bit of buzz about fumbles from Sankey, but he only put it on the floor 3 times last year in 300+ carries, and never really struck me as the fumblitus type. If he can make the starting role his own, I think Locker can make use of the weapons that he does have.

Luckily for the D they have the Texans and Jags twice, so that helps their exposure issues.
Titans fans are too smart to pencil in Ws against teams like the Jags. Last year when they lost at home to them I hit my wall on Munchak and got my wish. Just a bad frigging HC.

Old 09-03-2014   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans to start itsy-bitsy linebacker.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...adden.cnn.html

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

That's one hell of a pee.

I think the Titans get their 8 wins but not much more than that. Locker really needs to play the whole season (And at least be mediocre or serviceable) for them to be in the race to win the division. I like their defense and they have a couple of good WR's, but QB woes seem to have really sank them the past few years, and I see that they are still putting their eggs into the Jake Locker basket. As bad as Fitzpatrick is/was, I don't think Whitehurst or Mettenberger will make Titans fans forget the Amish Rifle if Locker goes down again.
Old 09-05-2014   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I know Bud will never get his greasy fingers on the Lombardi trophy, I can/will route for them whenever they play any teams but the Texans and Steelers.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Obviously one game, but they looked pretty solid today. amazing what competent coaching can do.

Old 09-07-2014   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obviously one game, but they looked pretty solid today. amazing what competent coaching can do.
How did Locker look?
Old 09-07-2014   #18
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
How did Locker look?
Like a player that finally had a QB mentor coaching him. Still erratic and he panics in the pocket a few times, but I could see what a difference Whisenhunt is for him.

Old 10-05-2014   #19
toronto
Hall of Fame

I will go on a limb and say under. Titans become part of the Mariotta et al sweepstakes. Way too many bad players drafted by a very bad GM that has been around way too long.

Thankfully I am used to this franchise blowing seemingly insurmountable leads.

Old 10-06-2014   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I will go on a limb and say under. Titans become part of the Mariotta et al sweepstakes. Way too many bad players drafted by a very bad GM that has been around way too long.
Is it that bad?

Their last four games (the four they lost) were Dallas, @ Cincy, @ Indy, & Cleveland. We'll probably lose those same four games & our GM is the greatest.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read