Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-15-2014   #1
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Olive Branch

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I received an email this afternoon that my Texans tickets have been sent, therefore it is now a reality that football season is just around the corner. I know that many of you are anticipating the matchup with the Cowboys and are making plans to attend the game. Therefore, I am offering the following information that has been helpful for me and hope that you have a good game day experience.

I am not familiar with hotels in the area since I have family there or on many games make it a day trip. However, if you would like a bit of luxury, Gaylords in Grapevine is the Cowboys host hotel.

My seats are in section 317 and I enter through gate G which is facing Collins. From my experience, Collins is the best entrance to the game. We take I45 to I 20 West and continue on to Collins and exit there. It looks somewhat residential in parts, but the traffic flows very good. Parking at ATT is quite expensive, so anything on the grounds that's really close will be $75 up. I park at Jack in the Box because it's easy access to my gate and just a quick walk across the parking lot (the lot isn't that deep).

If you don't come prepared to tailgate, there is a tail gate on the plaza (east side) that lasts until 2 hours before game time. Since it is a noon game, my guess is 8:00-10:00, but the food and beer are really cheep and lots of give-aways.

The pro shop is on the north side of the building facing Walmart's. Even if not interested in any purchases, it is a really nice store to see. Just upstairs from the gift shop is the Pink store.

Food and beverage prices are about the same as Houston. Rest rooms are great close together and lots of stalls (well at least I know a fact for women), and some of the basins have warm water.

There are some super fans in Section 314ish, that team up and dance and are fairly common to be seen on the video board. I don't know if the same guy is contracted again this year, but there was a super saxophone player for the National Anthem on last year.

Most of the fans are pretty laid back and friendly. I guess that comes from the history of being mediocre for so many years. We love our team to the end, but we're pretty fan friendly. I know that for fact since the Bears, New Orleans especially, travel large and seem to have a good time.

I don't know how easy it will be to get a good price on tickets, but I know the first two home games, 49ers and Saints will probably draw a large out of town fan base and three home games in a month's time is a lot. I do know when we played New Orleans last season in NOLA, the national fan base was quite large which I expect to happen in Dallas as well.

The Dallas fair will still be open that weekend, which I always try to attend. Since we have back to back games, I will go to the fair on the 27th which is the same evening that Grambling College and Prairie View will play their State Fair Classic game, so that will be a weekend of football for me.

If there are any questions and any way I can assist in this being a good game day experience, let me know.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #2
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Olive Branch

Good info, but I'm confused, are you a Cowboy fan or a Texan fan?
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Good info, but I'm confused, are you a Cowboy fan or a Texan fan?
Both
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
...Therefore, I am offering the following information that has been helpful for me and hope that you have a good game day experience...
Nice offer of good info, repped.
Old 08-07-2014   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dammit Starstruck, I hate that YOU make it so hard to hate the 'Gurls!!

That said darlin', you're the exception NOT the rule!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read