Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2014   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: “Night and day” offseasons for Brian Cushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
^^ Damn it all!! Rockets and Texans news is making me drink more and more. Ever since your original posts, Doc, I've been waiting for your predictions to pass. You're detailed info is a blessing and your diagnoses are frightful, mostly because they're more accurate than the news from the Texans.
How about Aiken with a bad elbow , Correa broken fibula , Appell a 9.55 era in A ball to bring in some Astros representation .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014   #42
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How about Aiken with a bad elbow , Correa broken fibula , Appell a 9.55 era in A ball to bring in some Astros representation .
And Bosh spurning the Rockets, yada, yada, yada... It's been an ugly month or two in this town for sports fans. The Aiken and Correa injuries are pretty deflating. Hell, it all is. Going to cry into my Cushing jersey for comfort now.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Again props to Dr CND for sniffing this out long ago questioning the actual vs. reported severity of the injury, with the tibial plateau fracture eventually being disclosed. PUP, and could find worse news to follow.
Old 07-21-2014   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Again props to Dr CND for sniffing this out long ago questioning the actual vs. reported severity of the injury, with the tibial plateau fracture eventually being disclosed. PUP, and could find worse news to follow.
Yep

The title for this thread should be SOS for Brian Cushing instead of Night and Day offseasons for Brian Cushing.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #45
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. It's looking like Cushing may not come back at all, and if he does, it will only be for a few weeks. We never were counting on him play much this season.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Cushing @briancushing56
Quote:
Would love to welcome Kai Alexander Cushing to the world. Such an incredible feeling having the blessing of two children to raise and love. Thank you @megancushing for the best boys anyone could ask for #littlelegends #showtime

http://photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hph...52250974_n.jpg
Old 08-02-2014   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool; I didn't know Cush had any kids
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #48
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'd rather they take their time with Cush and make sure he comes back when he's 100%. JDC may have pushed it too hard already. It's easy when you come back from an injury to start pushing too hard (because you finally feel good) and tweak the same area or something that is associated.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #49
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Well, I'd rather they take their time with Cush and make sure he comes back when he's 100%. JDC may have pushed it too hard already. It's easy when you come back from an injury to start pushing too hard (because you finally feel good) and tweak the same area or something that is associated.
I agree. He may be good to go by game one, but I'd not be disappointed to see him remain on PUP through game four, then be activated for practice through mid-season and have him fully healthy for the last half of the season and the playoffs.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #50
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Cool; I didn't know Cush had any kids
Me either. I always assumed that one day he'd eat a bunch of steak and then split into two Cush's that would then proceed to gang tackle somebody before going to lift weights.
Old 08-04-2014   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Me either. I always assumed that one day he'd eat a bunch of steak and then split into two Cush's that would then proceed to gang tackle somebody before going to lift weights.
Here's something else I didn't know... maybe you guys heard about the Cushings playing secret Santa last Christmas but I hadn't.
We gotz some good "kids" on our squad.
Old 08-04-2014   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

and bowties ARE cool

Old 08-04-2014   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Here's something else I didn't know... maybe you guys heard about the Cushings playing secret Santa last Christmas but I hadn't.
We gotz some good "kids" on our squad.
Looks like Cush is working on a Santa belly in this pic. I didn't know Cush was left handed.
Old 08-04-2014   #54
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I didn't know Cush was left handed.
He's not but the kid didn't have his lace up onesy on.
Old 08-06-2014   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Will Grubb @grubbreport
Quote:
Bill O'Brien told @SiriusXMNFL that Brian Cushing will likely be back by the time they face Denver.

[3rd preseason game, August 23]
Old 08-06-2014   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
i cant help but think cushing would not have missed so many games had he taken it easy with the steroids.

yes he got hit but his body would not have responded that way if he wasnt so roided up.
His recovery times prior to this one have not been long.
Old 08-20-2014   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

(on how much he’s looking forward to making that first crushing hit) “I don’t know. I mean, I am. I’m just more excited to play, whatever the situation is, the hit or what not. I’m just excited to get into a game-time situation.”

(on if getting a big hit will help him mentally) I had a couple today. I think it’s out of the way. I feel great. I’m excited about where I am physically and mentally, but we all know the game is stepped up just a little bit more. It’s a little faster, a little more intense. I’m excited but I’m excited but I’m excited for every day. I’m excited for every practice and for every game. I’m looking forward to all of it.”
Old 08-20-2014   #58
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(on how much he’s looking forward to making that first crushing hit) “I don’t know. I mean, I am. I’m just more excited to play, whatever the situation is, the hit or what not. I’m just excited to get into a game-time situation.”

(on if getting a big hit will help him mentally) I had a couple today. I think it’s out of the way. I feel great. I’m excited about where I am physically and mentally, but we all know the game is stepped up just a little bit more. It’s a little faster, a little more intense. I’m excited but I’m excited but I’m excited for every day. I’m excited for every practice and for every game. I’m looking forward to all of it.”
Good luck and best wishes, Cush. And that's not just for your performance on the field,
Old 08-20-2014   #59
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:

I'm just here to give 110% and the good lord willing...errr, I'm just here to give 110%.

Oh man!
(movie reference?)
Old 08-20-2014   #60
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm just here to give 110% and the good lord willing...errr, I'm just here to give 110%.

Oh man!
(movie reference?)
what have I told y'all about quoting flicks without the picts...?

must I do everything

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read