Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2014   #101
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trevardo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The "medical Jibber-jabber" in my post that you speak of is an injury history and is there for those that are usually interested in what the basis for my conclusions are. If you read my post again, you will see that I DID answer your question. Daryl Sharpton is an ILB.

Another way I could answer your question..........Yes, Williiams could probably serve as an excellent ILB replacement for Sharpton on the Texans' weekly Injury Reports.
You might want to re-read Herv's post, doc. I think you might have misinterpreted the nature of the post.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
You might want to re-read Herv's post, doc. I think you might have misinterpreted the nature of the post.
Michaelm,

You know.........I did right after I posted mine..............somehow I missed the "training room."

Cracked up after I realized that he had just yanked my chain big time............was laughing so hard, could hardly send him my own REP!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #103
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Just having a laugh CnD. You keep that medical jibber-jabber coming. We rely on it around here.
Old 03-24-2014   #104
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Just having a laugh CnD. You keep that medical jibber-jabber coming. We rely on it around here.
You got me good! And I thought reading comprehension was my strong suit. I'm already looking for a remedial reading refresher course........gotta keep my skills up, you know.
Old 03-24-2014   #105
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Maybe Vrabel will see something in him he likes and make him a pet project...?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #106
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Quote:
You got me good! And I thought reading comprehension was my strong suit. I'm already looking for a remedial reading refresher course........gotta keep my skills up, you know.
It's not often somebody throws a fastball past the Doc. Someone needed to lighten the mood around here. Rep to you both.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #107
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Cardinals claim Trevardo off waivers.

Well.

At least he'll get another chance.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #108
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Cardinals claim Trevardo off waivers.

Well.

At least he'll get another chance.
Good luck to him. I admit, at the time, I liked the pick. I thought at worst, he'd be a very good ST player.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #109
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

So only Hopkins and Swearinger remain active from that draft? is that correct? Holy Schnikes!
Old 08-04-2014   #110
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Griffin.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #111
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
So only Hopkins and Swearinger remain active from that draft? is that correct? Holy Schnikes!
No, Griffin is still on the team, as well.
Old 08-04-2014   #112
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 91318 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, Griffin is still on the team, as well.
Technically Chris Jones is still active... with NE. He may be playing for another team, but the pick proved solid even if the Texans didn't stay with it long enough.

Overall, 4 active and 2 IR out of a total of 9 picks isn't anywhere near the worst draft.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #113
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Technically Chris Jones is still active... with NE. He may be playing for another team, but the pick proved solid even if the Texans didn't stay with it long enough.

Overall, 4 active and 2 IR out of a total of 9 picks isn't anywhere near the worst draft.
The question was about players "on the team." Trevardo is still active in the NFL, as well. And Bonner and Quessenberry aren't necessarily done, either.
Old 08-04-2014   #114
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I'm not down with giving a team credit for drafting, then cutting a player that has success elsewhere. No one gives the Oilers credit for drafting Steve Largent. The Texans 2013 class was as close as a bust draft as you can get just one year out.
Old 08-04-2014   #115
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm not down with giving a team credit for drafting, then cutting a player that has success elsewhere. No one gives the Oilers credit for drafting Steve Largent. The Texans 2013 class was as close as a bust draft as you can get just one year out.
Yup, pretty darn bad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #116
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You just gotta bring up the Largent screw up. LOL

Even Rick Smith hasn't screwed up that bad. Memories
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014   #117
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
fire rick smith.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #118
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Trevardo healthy?

I wonder if we'll see him getting pushed around the field like a kid this weekend?

Ah...Memories
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #119
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 33633 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Was Trevardo healthy?

I wonder if we'll see him getting pushed around the field like a kid this weekend?

Ah...Memories
He passed the team physical to be activated off PUP with Houston before being released.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Was Trevardo healthy?

Ah...Memories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
He passed the team physical to be activated off PUP with Houston before being released.
This is why they likely let him go. He would "get well"......then when he saw the field again have a recurrence of high ankle sprain and related mechanical problems:

(From 2 weeks ago)

Quote:
Noone's really mentioned from what I've seen thus far that Tevardo Williams was also placed on the PUP.

Last year, he was placed on IR after he "tweaked" his ankle.....something that was later identified to be a high ankle sprain, a notoriously chronic, recurrent type of injury (ala Caldwell and Brisell). When I looked into it deeper, I found that he was actually in a boot in November of 2012 for a high ankle sprain. This is what limited him in his late and post season play (Senior Bowl) endeavors and limited his Combine to only straight ahead runs. In fact, I followed his high ankle history back to the 2012 preseason. If this wasn't bad enough, I found that his limitations at the Combine were not only due to his high ankle problems, but that he was also dealing with significant groin and back issues at the same time. Obviously the Texans were presented with an entire menu of red flags prior to the Draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read