Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-23-2014   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Browns Fan Urinates on Art Modell's Grave

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...t-modell-grave

This happens to Art Modell it makes ESPN. It happens to Bud it only get's posted on Shaggy Bevo.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...=1#post6201313
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #2
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns Fan Urinates on Art Modell's Grave

Well deserved in my opinion...
Old 07-24-2014   #3
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 60634 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Well deserved in my opinion...
This is not news. It is sensationalism. Yellow journalism is alive and well.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
You sure do cry a lot on subjects you claim not to care about. Yellow journalism? Irony is alive and well with you, gross exaggeration is your mainstay.
Old 07-24-2014   #5
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 60634 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
You sure do cry a lot on subjects you claim not to care about. Yellow journalism? Irony is alive and well with you, gross exaggeration is your mainstay.
I see you have no sense of humor this morning. Just give it a little more thought.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

By the way , where is Bud's grave?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
You want to go pee on it?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2014   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
https://www.google.com/maps/preview?...4&z=20&iwloc=A
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right. Over. There...

Old 07-24-2014   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I drive by there sometimes and consider taking a leak on the thing. I never do it though. Not because I think it would be wrong. I just don't think it would be enough and so far I've never found myself in front of the place when the urge to take a healthy dump has been upon me.

I have thought about getting one of those freestanding toilet paper roll holders and setting it in front of the door to his mausoleum, stepping back and quickly snapping a picture of it. That or maybe a "MEN" sign. Quickly stick it above the door and get a picture.

I really have so little respect for Bud that there's almost nothing that I wouldn't do. It's all about not getting arrested to me. He's not worth getting in trouble over.
Old 07-24-2014   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While Bud certainly made the decision, let's not forget those that helped usher the Oilers out of town because of their own self-interests. Guys like Drayton Mclane and Bob Lanier are just as big a turds when they consistently shut Bud out and did everything in their power to drive him out of town.

There is enough hate to go around for all these bastards. At least Bud was man enough to admit his mistake and regret it. I still wish it had been the Astros that left. Freakin' MLB and their garbage league.
Old 07-24-2014   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I see you have no sense of humor this morning. Just give it a little more thought.
Yes, think about the "yellow" reference.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #13
atomictelephone
Veteran

Rep Power: 5744 atomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
While Bud certainly made the decision, let's not forget those that helped usher the Oilers out of town because of their own self-interests. Guys like Drayton Mclane and Bob Lanier are just as big a turds when they consistently shut Bud out and did everything in their power to drive him out of town.

There is enough hate to go around for all these bastards. At least Bud was man enough to admit his mistake and regret it. I still wish it had been the Astros that left. Freakin' MLB and their garbage league.
I don't because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, even if it wasn't a sport I watched. Bud blinked first, made the decision, so he gets the blame. The fact he was uncouth as a human being didn't help.

I grew up in Houston and Warren Moon will forever be my favorite QB and Earl Campbell will forever be my favorite RB, even though I never saw the latter play. Houston is a better city for the Oilers leaving and getting rid of Adams, just like Cleveland was with Modell though Cleveland was lucky enough to keep the name. That's what I find most people can't stomach, the fact Houston lost the Oilers name. Not that Houston lost the team.
atomictelephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictelephone View Post
I don't because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, even if it wasn't a sport I watched. Bud blinked first, made the decision, so he gets the blame. The fact he was uncouth as a human being didn't help.

I grew up in Houston and Warren Moon will forever be my favorite QB and Earl Campbell will forever be my favorite RB, even though I never saw the latter play. Houston is a better city for the Oilers leaving and getting rid of Adams, just like Cleveland was with Modell though Cleveland was lucky enough to keep the name. That's what I find most people can't stomach, the fact Houston lost the Oilers name. Not that Houston lost the team.
I understand the sentiment. I do not agree about Cleveland, though. They had a good thing going with Belichick as HC, and it paid off well for Baltimore by having Ozzie Newsome as GM and two NFL championships. I'd put up with Art Modell if that kind of success was attached to it.

With the Oilers/Titans, they made it to the Super Bowl with many of the players we saw drafted as Oilers, but one yard short against the Rams takes some of that sting away.

I'm certainly not defending Adams here, but I'm not letting Lanier and McClane off the hook for their games and deceit. They could not have given a crap about Oilers fans. It was all about lining their own pockets, and they were very much like Bud in that regard. And Oilers fans were still too shell-shocked from perpetual playoff chokes and hating Bud Adams to say anything about it at the time.

And while I'm a Texans fan as long as they are in Houston, I cannot lie and say that I have the same attachment to them as I would the Oilers if they were still here. There is something about growing up with a team, having that fanatic attitude handed down to you by your parents, having heroes like Earl Campbell, Elvin Bethea, Carl Mauck, etc., as a kid that I simply cannot have as an adult with the Texans. Maybe my son will have it...but maybe not if they continue to be a mediocre team.

Sucks that we couldn't keep the name, but I honestly doubt that McNair would have used it, tbh. It appears they wanted to have a nice marketable name and logo, and the Oilers were much too limited in that regard. Better to just let the name and history rest in peace. It is now part of a bygone era.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read