Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Should Texans extend an offer to Richie Incognito?
Yeah 5 9.26%
Nope 49 90.74%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2014   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should Texans sign Richie Incognito?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh I dunno.... Can Cak belt out "Dream On"... or "Sweet Emotion"??
...and how much are the tickets going for? It might be worth a ten-spot just to see him with long hair...

to see him rocking a giant flat-top mullet would be priceless.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
In light of your comments and ObsiWan said I have to say "Yes. I'd absolutely go to an Aerosmith concert with infantrycak on lead vocals".

Old 07-21-2014   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In light of your comments and ObsiWan said I have to say "Yes. I'd absolutely go to an Aerosmith concert with infantrycak on lead vocals".

The flat top mullet I'd do for free but y'all would be paying me not to sing.
Old 07-21-2014   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The flat top mullet I'd do for free but y'all would be paying me not to sing.
Oh just do the lip-synching thing...
these guys got a Grammy doing it...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #45
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight View Post
In today's game Mean Joe Green would be in a world of trouble and no Coke Commercials.
Joe Green is a Hall of Fame player. Zero chance that Incognito gets into the Hall.

Have you ever dated a girl that wasn't as hot as she thinks she is? This is probably sexist, but maybe this analogy will make sense. If NFL players were girlfriends ranked on a 1-10 scale, Incognito is a 5 who acts like a 10. Why deal with a diva's drama unless they are actually hot?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #46
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep, it's not just a bad boy thing it's does the bad boy have enough talent to help me not have to see another 2-14 season again. If that is the case anybody that has the talent not named Aaron Hernandez come on down to H-town. After all the country club that McNair/Kubiak ran around here for the last 9 yrs has proven where good kids with great character get you. (David Anderson/Keo etc...) Even though the Texans play on Sunday NRG isn't a Church and the field isn't a Sunday school class.

Taylor Lewan has an assault case from a bar fight coming up soon, would you want him starting at RT this yr? What Incognito did was nothing compared to what Lewan did.

If a guy has talent you take him deal with his issues and win football games. The fanbase will be happy with winning. Even though some around here still wish Kubiak was the HC so that tells me they have a different agenda and it isn't a do whatever it takes to win agenda.
There are differences between charges and guilt. If he is found guilty, then he would also be on my no play list.

When weighing pros and cons, avoid the cons or soon to be cons.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #47
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the need is big enough I'd (personally) give anyone a shot. I used to run a Ford store....hired a guy (salesman) with a bad reputation and fired him in the same week (I needed someone who could make a friggin' car deal). Office ladies didn't like that but it's a similar situation. Performance based industry need performers (I mean, would you go to a Aerosmith concert if Infantrycak stood in for the lead singer?) As long as the contract was structured for a rapid release upon dumbass move I think you could certainly justify the chance. Hell that's how they built the current Bengal team.
Why waste the time teaching someone who is bound to go to the rapid release phase right when he is needed?
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
There are differences between charges and guilt. If he is found guilty, then he would also be on my no play list.

When weighing pros and cons, avoid the cons or soon to be cons.
See this is where we are different. Lewan got in a fight and beat somebody up. That aggression makes him a very good RT prospect. I'm not Sunday school teacher and I don't expect my OL to act like saints. What they do on THEIR personal time is their business.

Short of a Hernandez/Septien/Carruth type situation.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See this is where we are different. Lewan got in a fight and beat somebody up. That aggression makes him a very good RT prospect. I'm not Sunday school teacher and I don't expect my OL to act like saints. What they do on THEIR personal time is their business.

From what I've been able to find, Lewan says he never balled up his fists and threw punches. He does admit to doing some shoving to try and separate other folks who were fighting.

If you're right - Lewan "beat somebody up" - then he's a liar and I don't want somebody that won't be square with me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just cannot agree on the bolded. I will not watch a player that hits his wife/g'friend or refuses to pay child support when he has the money. I will not watch a guy that keeps doing stupid stuff (DWIs, shop lift, etc) or detract from his (Incognito) team because he is a punk. I have no interest in thugs even Mean Joe and despised him as a player.

Fans that want a win regardless of how it is obtained are people I would not want to be around. Sports is about playing the best you can against the best without dishonesty. Sounds trivial maybe but "the other guy does it" left my vocabulary at about age 12.
Old 07-21-2014   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I just cannot agree on the bolded. I will not watch a player that hits his wife/g'friend or refuses to pay child support when he has the money. I will not watch a guy that keeps doing stupid stuff (DWIs, shop lift, etc) or detract from his (Incognito) team because he is a punk. I have no interest in thugs even Mean Joe and despised him as a player.

Fans that want a win regardless of how it is obtained are people I would not want to be around. Sports is about playing the best you can against the best without dishonesty. Sounds trivial maybe but "the other guy does it" left my vocabulary at about age 12.
None of your favorite teams have ever won much if they truly adhere to your philosophy. For me it's entertainment and winning entertains me. I could care less about all of the stuff you mention.

Just different philosophies and the Texans wont win until they do. Look at most of the teams that won last yr. They had the type of guys you cant stand. But they won. You and McNair have the same philosophies those philosophies lead to 2-14.
Old 07-21-2014   #52
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those polls where the answers should be either "No" or "I would kick Bon Jovi square in the balls if given the opportunity"
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/152522...e-in-the-balls
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
None of your favorite teams have ever won much if they truly adhere to your philosophy. For me it's entertainment and winning entertains me. I could care less about all of the stuff you mention.

Just different philosophies and the Texans wont win until they do. Look at most of the teams that won last yr. They had the type of guys you cant stand. But they won. You and McNair have the same philosophies those philosophies lead to 2-14.
It also led to the good years. I think injuries and Schaub's disintegration were keys, not lack of punks.
Old 07-21-2014   #54
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It also led to the good years. I think injuries and Schaub's disintegration were keys, not lack of punks.
Agreed

But the talent/coaching was just as big of a problem. The team quit on Kubiak.
Old 07-21-2014   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Agreed

But the talent/coaching was just as big of a problem. The team quit on Kubiak.
Not attacking you just do not want thugs on any team I root for. Why I quit rooting for Cowboys. I love hard hitting guys that defend their guys. Lack of talent was back ups when guys like Cushing went down. We just have not gotten to that point yet as we keep missing on some of our higher draft selections.
Old 11-11-2014   #56
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Denver Broncos brought in guard Richie Incognito for a workout and are considering signing him, sources confirmed to ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ognito-workout
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014   #57
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66838 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
At this point in the year, any team with O-line needs should give him a look, if he will sign for the minimum. Not making a long term commitment to the a-hole, just using him as a band-aid.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
At this point in the year, any team with O-line needs should give him a look, if he will sign for the minimum. Not making a long term commitment to the a-hole, just using him as a band-aid.
Maybe if he was gay right?

Whoops, just not that talented is a reason also.
Old 11-12-2014   #59
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Broncos signing Ritchie? SB contenders, we see the Broncos are all about winning. The Texans being all about winning, not so much.
Old 11-12-2014   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Broncos signing Ritchie? SB contenders, we see the Broncos are all about winning. The Texans being all about winning, not so much.
Awww, such cute premature spewage. The Broncos passed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read