Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013   #141
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MY MOMs... Back in the hospital

My cousins from out of town, my sister, her bubby (a brother who is yes, another Bill) and I had a fantastic dinner tonight. Despite the circumstances, we had a fantastic time tonight. I'm so glad my cousins made it in town. They mean the world to me. Unfortunately one cousin couldn't make it, coming from Hawaii.... Mark is here in spirit! He loved his Aunt Pat (my moms)!! I know he tried but flights from Hawaii to Houston are tough (unless you want a lot of layovers) and they are still very expensive.

My stepbrother on the other hand doesn't get so much of a pass.

BTW, with the approval of Blue Crew, I'll be hanging Moms customized Texans jersey "DAVIES" #1 in the main tent. I would love for members at some point to (hopefully after our AFC Championship Game) to sign it and I'll get it framed!!
Old 07-27-2013   #142
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

DUDE!!! Tough day today.

I held up pretty well, tho. I needed to be strong for my sister, cousins that loved their Aunt Pat deeply and my dad. I would give me a C+

Again, I would love to express my deepest thanks to all y'all that reached out to me over this period and times past when Moms was going through rough patches.
Old 07-28-2013   #143
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
DUDE!!! Tough day today.

I held up pretty well, tho. I needed to be strong for my sister, cousins that loved their Aunt Pat deeply and my dad. I would give me a C+

Again, I would love to express my deepest thanks to all y'all that reached out to me over this period and times past when Moms was going through rough patches.
Give yourself more credit, you where there which starts you off with an A, so many people can't deal and just don't show up, it's something that surprised me for sure.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #144
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Give yourself more credit, you where there which starts you off with an A, so many people can't deal and just don't show up, it's something that surprised me for sure.
I agree with John about giving yourself more credit! Besides, you were there for Moms when she needed you the most, and that ranks an A+ in my books!!

I sent you a PM!

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #145
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I agree with John about giving yourself more credit! Besides, you were there for Moms when she needed you the most, and that ranks an A+ in my books!!

I sent you a PM!

Gma
Gma and John, thank y'all so much!!!

It's been two + weeks!

I've been up and down but it's hard to deal with the fact that my Moms is no longer here BUT by the same token, SHE IS WITH ME!!!

She is in my heart.

She is with me!

BTW Blue Crew Members (and other TT friends), I was able to show her this thread about her health status and all y'alls love before her passing....

She was absolutely blown away!!!

Blue Crew Members and again, other friends of mine here on TT I thank you ALL so much for your love and support.

It's funny. Used to, we would make fun of other kids being "Momma's Boys"

As it turns out, I'm a huge "Momma's Boys"

I've said all that and this before, but :

"I am my Momma's Boys"

I post this in honor of "Moms" and not too proud to admit that I am a Puh Ce!!!

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 07-31-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

More than ever, I can't wait to see my Blue Crew family!! I so look forward to seeing y'all Saturday!!!
Old 01-16-2014   #147
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Tough day today... 6 months ago I lost my heart.

I know I'm 37 y/o errrrr 46 but it doesn't hurt the heart that much less.

RIP "MOMS"!!

Again, thanks to all:
My Sistah, Bill (brother in law), Gibbs and yes another Bill, Blue Crew family and Texans Talk family for all the love and support.

Suffice to say I know she's looking down on me as well as all y'all that never met her and she smiles!!
Old 01-16-2014   #148
JPPT1974
Halloween 14

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thoughts and prayers are with your family. As you think about your mother!
Old 01-16-2014   #149
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't log on much anymore my friend, but, I will log on to tell you how often I think about you and hope you are doing ok. This is one grandma who loves ya dearly and will always be sending up some prayers for you. Hope to see ya during the off season!!

Gma
Sandy
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #150
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Don't log on much anymore my friend, but, I will log on to tell you how often I think about you and hope you are doing ok. This is one grandma who loves ya dearly and will always be sending up some prayers for you. Hope to see ya during the off season!!

Gma
Sandy
Didn't see this Gma, but thank you and I loves ya dearly as well (along with your family)!

In any event, I've completed a year of firsts without "Moms". Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, "Moms" and Dad's anniversary, Easter, Mother's Day, Mom's B-day (which was this past Sunday). She passed late night yesterday - a year ago but I didn't get the news until early this morning - a year ago....

All firsts with Mom's gone.

I can actually breathe a little easier. While I've celebrated "Moms" life, I was weighted down with mourning. I see a shift in those feelings. I think I will choose to mourn less and celebrate more..

Thanks to all my Blue Crew family (and honorary Blue Crew family). Y'all have made the journey a little bit easier with your love and support.

Love You!!
Old 07-17-2014   #151
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Didn't see this Gma, but thank you and I loves ya dearly as well (along with your family)!

In any event, I've completed a year of firsts without "Moms". Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, "Moms" and Dad's anniversary, Easter, Mother's Day, Mom's B-day (which was this past Sunday). She passed late night yesterday - a year ago but I didn't get the news until early this morning - a year ago....

All firsts with Mom's gone.

I can actually breathe a little easier. While I've celebrated "Moms" life, I was weighted down with mourning. I see a shift in those feelings. I think I will choose to mourn less and celebrate more..

Thanks to all my Blue Crew family (and honorary Blue Crew family). Y'all have made the journey a little bit easier with your love and support.

Love You!!
I believe that period of mourning helps to ease away the pain. The smiles will come as you begin to remember all the pleasant memories you had, even to the point of laughing in remembering the corrective decisions. My grandmother raised me and although she passed away 13 years ago I find myself smiling and sometimes laughing at our life together. Even today I still miss her tremendously, but smile for being blessed with such a special lady.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #152
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that period of mourning helps to ease away the pain. The smiles will come as you begin to remember all the pleasant memories you had, even to the point of laughing in remembering the corrective decisions. My grandmother raised me and although she passed away 13 years ago I find myself smiling and sometimes laughing at our life together. Even today I still miss her tremendously, but smile for being blessed with such a special lady.
Thank you sweetheart!! That means a lot to me!!
Old 07-18-2014   #153
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Time heals everything, or so it is said... I don't usually speak on topics of this, but I am glad you are slowly getting thru this. There is no timetable on when a person should be over the grief, but you will know when that time comes....

You have a strong support group in the Blue Crew, and with your family, even the bad days can be better with them on your side...

All the best my friend !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read