Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014   #261
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 33633 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #Texans trade QB T.J. Yates to Falcons for LB Akeem Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It appears to me that AJ/Foster will most likely be cut next offseason. If this happens what kind of cap shape will the Texans be in knowing that they will have to re-sign Watt before the 2015 season begins?
Quick glance, they should have about $102 million committed to the cap after releasing Foster and Johnson. Cap this year was $133, say it goes up $10 million...then approximately $40 million in space. That's before draft picks, replacing the 20 something free agents next year. Just looking at it from a Top 51 offseason prospective. This also excludes any roll-over from 2014 cap that may be used.

Just an approximation.
Old 07-15-2014   #262
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
No doubt.

I think just about everyone understands our position going into this season.

No QB, maybe no #1 WR, new coaches, lack of depth at LB, new systems in all phases......

We are aware of the front office decisions but not the information used to make those decisions.

I'm not happy with the way this team has been built since its inception.

Is it McNairs fault? Smiths? Kubiak?

It doesn't matter, I can't make a single decision for these guys, and I'm not going to waste my time second guessing them.

I'm going to hope for the best and cheer on my Texans no matter what!
Not 2nd guessing the failure takes the fun out of it for ME. I was once told by TB that the McNair wasn't going to build the type of team I want. He was right and here the Texans sit at 2-14 again. I find it fun to point out the Texans orgs/McNairs failures and until there mode of operation changes you can expect more failure in the future. McNair's we are family type org is a bunch of bunk. Ask AJ,Quin etc....

Good news is that with the hiring of a no nonsense guy like BOB and an apparent change in draft strategy some changes have been made.
Old 07-15-2014   #263
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I got him for ya.

I to will support my Texans as well. And I will either love or hate them for what they did on their previous play, but I always return for more.

We're not Cleveland you know. LOL

Edit: I can't rep him either. Oops.
Their not your/my Texans. They're McNair's Texans as TB once pointed out to me.
Old 07-15-2014   #264
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Their not your/my Texans. They're McNair's Texans as TB once pointed out to me.
I wanna toy like that! Can ya float a brother a BILLion?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 07-15-2014   #265
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not 2nd guessing the failure takes the fun out of it for ME. I was once told by TB that the McNair wasn't going to build the type of team I want. He was right and here the Texans sit at 2-14 again. I find it fun to point out the Texans orgs/McNairs failures and until there mode of operation changes you can expect more failure in the future. McNair's we are family type org is a bunch of bunk. Ask AJ,Quin etc....

Good news is that with the hiring of a no nonsense guy like BOB and an apparent change in draft strategy some changes have been made.
I don't know SteelB.
For a guy to pledge a fking one hundred million dollars to the Baylor college of medicine in 2007, it's hard to say that such a guy is not committed to "winning".
http://www.forbes.com/profile/robert-mcnair/
Old 07-15-2014   #266
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know SteelB.
For a guy to pledge a fking one hundred million dollars to the Baylor college of medicine in 2007, it's hard to say that such a guy is not committed to "winning".
http://www.forbes.com/profile/robert-mcnair/
What does that have to do with the Texans, other than that was probably a write off on the profit he made off of HIS 2013-2014 on field 2-14 Houston Texans?
Old 07-15-2014   #267
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I wanna toy like that! Can ya float a brother a BILLion?
Nope

But I can give you a little Rep.
Old 07-16-2014   #268
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
No doubt.

I think just about everyone understands our position going into this season.

No QB, maybe no #1 WR, new coaches, lack of depth at LB, new systems in all phases......

We are aware of the front office decisions but not the information used to make those decisions.

I'm not happy with the way this team has been built since its inception.

Is it McNairs fault? Smiths? Kubiak?

It doesn't matter, I can't make a single decision for these guys, and I'm not going to waste my time second guessing them.

I'm going to hope for the best and cheer on my Texans no matter what!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Right on, MSR.

I think a majority have voiced their displeasure with the franchise. The majority also understands when it's time to move on to the next season and hope for the best. I'm not expecting a great year this season, but there's always that glimmer of hope that'll keep me glued to the TV, articles, TC videos, etc. Heck, if you don't feel that 'glimmer of hope', why watch/follow the team?

Eh, I reckon some just like beating the horse senseless. We've heard your POV. Move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I got him for ya.

I to will support my Texans as well. And I will either love or hate them for what they did on their previous play, but I always return for more.

We're not Cleveland you know. LOL

Edit: I can't rep him either. Oops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I got him for y'all. Rep via proxy.

Yeah, I got him too.
All of us have found fault of one sort or another with this team and have voiced our displeasure about it.
My latest gripe was with the draft; I wanted Robinson because I could see him being ready to take over for DB when it came time for DB's next big payday. They got Clowney. Oh well.... what's done is done.

My disagreements with team moves go back to the mistake of giving Carr that extension when he clearly wasn't worth it and had not earned it. That was all McNair. So to say McNair meddles in player acquisitions and contracts like that's breaking news and none of the rest of us see it... well that's just flat wrong.

Now, at the risk of getting back on topic, does anyone know if Dent passed his physical or not?
Old 07-16-2014   #269
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Wade is on record saying he was never consulted on the decision to sign Reed. That's a fact and a reality.
Actually, that is "hearsay", someone said it and you believed it. The person who said it was talking about someone else in a conversation you did not witness. This would qualify under the definition of sheep who believe everything they hear.
Old 07-16-2014   #270
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and a place where a 51 year old can come act act like a 12 year old....
...and an idiot can pronounce himself a genius...
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Old 07-16-2014   #271
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
I will not be a martyr till the day I die. But all the other bad things apply now. Thanks for allowing my own opinion, which is admittedly as obnoxious to some as their own opinion is to me, to be shared. The site which will not be mentioned just bans you for refusing to be the automaton Texian refers to.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Old 07-16-2014   #272
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
using a lot of ifs, ands or buts to clarify your statements and make your point. The Bottom Line: Texans lost more good players as a direct result of the salary cap than they could replace. All the while the competition was replacing lost players with equal or even better players. It's that simple!
The Texans lost more players to injury than to the cap.

Old 07-16-2014   #273
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
...and an idiot can pronounce himself a genius...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-16-2014   #274
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait.............................................. ................................. so Yates is a Falcon now?.
Old 07-16-2014   #275
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Wait.............................................. ................................. so Yates is a Falcon now?.
Rumor has it, although the media reported the trade, so at this point thhe trade is all heresay according to some. The truth will be known if Dent is on the field during TC.
Old 07-16-2014   #276
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yeah, I got him too.
All of us have found fault of one sort or another with this team and have voiced our displeasure about it.
My latest gripe was with the draft; I wanted Robinson because I could see him being ready to take over for DB when it came time for DB's next big payday. They got Clowney. Oh well.... what's done is done.

My disagreements with team moves go back to the mistake of giving Carr that extension when he clearly wasn't worth it and had not earned it. That was all McNair. So to say McNair meddles in player acquisitions and contracts like that's breaking news and none of the rest of us see it... well that's just flat wrong.

Now, at the risk of getting back on topic, does anyone know if Dent passed his physical or not?
Terrible extentions Carr/Schaub/Foster/Cushing and poor cap management/drafting have been the main reasons for 2-14.
Old 07-16-2014   #277
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Terrible extentions Carr/Schaub/Foster/Cushing and poor cap management/drafting have been the main reasons for 2-14.
I'd take Foster off that list....he was very deserving of his contract at the time and he honestly could've commanded a little more if he was trying to take the texans for everything he was worth to them at the time. I would throw Cush in there as well if he hadn't gotten hurt last year...
Old 07-16-2014   #278
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster has been very productive, and at the time he did deserve the contract. Plus he is looking pretty good now and i would not be shocked if he was top 3 in the NFL again this season. The boy can run the ball better than most !

ALSO i think missing half of last season will help him, his body has had a lot of time to recover. He is now good to go !
Old 07-16-2014   #279
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I'd take Foster off that list....he was very deserving of his contract at the time and he honestly could've commanded a little more if he was trying to take the texans for everything he was worth to them at the time. I would throw Cush in there as well if he hadn't gotten hurt last year...
Not disagreeing with you but I have a thing about signing RB's with injury histories that have been ran very hard to long term, big $$$$ extentions. Given Cushing's injury history I would've waited to extend Cushing and said so at the time.

With that said it's possible both Foster/Cushing could return to pre-injury sorm and the Texans could make the playoffs. However after seeing Doc's posts on Foster/Cushing I wouldn't bet on it. Cushing not practicing with the team during OTA's isn't a promising start.
Old 07-16-2014   #280
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I think Foster was a public relations signing after Mario , Demeco and so on left .

Round Dan
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read