Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Lonnie Ballentine at 7.256
Up 37 92.50%
Down 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2014   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 7.256: Lonnie Ballentine S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Great read. Enjoyed that entire article. Smart and responsible young man.
Texans worthy?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #42
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Texans worthy?
Character-wise, sure.

Talent-wise, meh.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Irrelevant plans to be relevant

Quote:
Houston Texans safety Lonnie Ballentine talks about his title as "Mr. Irrelevant" and his experience in the NFL so far.
As cool as the other side of a pillow.
Old 07-12-2014   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mr. Irrelevant plans to be relevant

As cool as the other side of a pillow.
Very cool, plus i like how he presents himself.
Old 07-12-2014   #45
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Very cool, plus i like how he presents himself.
You're just a homer and not too smart at that.

Uh, wait a minute, I don't believe that at all but we've all been accused of it by, well, you know...

Still at the shop. Can't wait to get home to see it myself.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014   #46
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
You're just a homer and not too smart at that.

Uh, wait a minute, I don't believe that at all but we've all been accused of it by, well, you know...

Still at the shop. Can't wait to get home to see it myself.
haha what can i say

Where is ole mighty lord at anyways.... i noticed a big lack of negativity and didnt realize it until you said something. Good call
Old 07-13-2014   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Good size for a safety. I hope he's good enough to make the team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #48
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I take it the drug testing is over with.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I take it the drug testing is over with.
Not sure what you're hinting at but I know of nothing on Ballentine and drugs. Here is a very lengthy bio article if any interested. http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/...OUeuOT3XBJ8oHQ

Quote:
Ballentine’s transition into the Fuente Era turned out to be successful as far as the numbers and statistics go, but there is another transition in his life that deserves some recognition. At the tender age of 20, Ballentine is a husband and father of two beautiful girls. In this day and time, the last thing on a young man’s mind is marriage. So what prompted Ballentine to make such a monumental step? He credits his support system for helping him. “I had children and I really loved her (Brittany,) so I didn’t see why not,”said Ballentine. “It has paid off in the long run. I’m happy with who I’m with, and my girls are happy.” As a mother, Smith has taken notice of her son’s dedication to taking care of his family. In fact, she applauds it. “I am so proud of him, but it still goes back to the support system and the atmosphere that he grew up in,” Smith explains. “He has always grew up around good people, good role models. Even when he was at Word of Faith Christian Academy (Kindergarten-Elementary), he still had the older guys to look after him.” Smith appreciates the role models that his coaches in middle school and high school have been to him, and she acknowledges their presence in his life. However, she credits his father, Lonnie Ballentine, on helping him assume his responsibilities as a father. “For him to transition into being a father, it wasn’t hard,” Smith said. “His father has been there for him and been supportive of him; so looking at him take responsibilities for his actions at 16, I’m very proud of him.” Smith says that he could have taken the easier route, and left to go play with Coach Saban at Alabama but that wasn’t in his heart.

“If he would have taken that choice, then we wouldn’t even be hoping and praying that oh he might get drafted or he might, we’ll be talking about top five pick right about now,” Smith said with certainty. “Instead, he took the hard road and said I’m going to come back, I’m going to take care of my little girl, I’m going to take care of my wife; then he had another little girl that was born with down syndrome, had heart surgery, had complications and he still got through that adversity, he still went to football practice every day.”

“Every team that was at that Pro Day can tell you that his workout was off the charts.” Ballentine’s numbers at the end of his Pro Day read: 4.3 in the 40, 38” vertical, 18 reps on the bench press, 10.6 broad jump, and 100% beast. Ok, so the last one wasn’t a category but it definitely should have been one when describing the performance and measuring of the 6’3” 220 pound defensive back.

Needs work I know but could tangibles and I will be rooting for this young man.
Old 07-13-2014   #50
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not sure what you're hinting at but I know of nothing on Ballentine and drugs. Here is a very lengthy bio article if any interested. http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/...OUeuOT3XBJ8oHQ

Needs work I know but could tangibles and I will be rooting for this young man.
Possible KR/PR with that speed as well
Old 07-14-2014   #51
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Possible KR/PR with that speed as well
yes sir and strong enough to not go down easily.
Old 07-16-2014   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Another good article re. Ballentine:

Quote:
Virgen: Special fun for Ballentine

By Steve Virgen
July 12, 2014 | 9:30 p.m.

After a day at Disneyland with his family, Mr. Irrelevant Lonnie Ballentine received an unexpected visit from an NFL representative Friday night.

Ballentine, the final pick of the NFL Draft, had to undergo a random drug test at the Island Hotel in Newport Beach just before joining friends and fans at the Costa Mesa 55 Tavern + Bowl.

However, if the NFL wanted a better indication of the type of rookie joining the Houston Texans it would have been better off sending the rep to Jim Scott Stadium on Saturday.

Ballentine displayed altruism, humility and inspiration when he took part in the NFL Play 60 Field Day with Mr. Irrelevant.

He posed for several photos with children and adults, and signed all sorts of items. He coached his team in the Unified Flag Football Exhibition Game, which featured former pro football players and Special Olympics athletes.

The event was close to Ballentine's heart. His youngest of two daughters, 2-year-old Laila, was born Down syndrome. She also had fun with her older sister, Londyn, 4, who loved the temporary tattoos that had something to do with football.

Everyone at Jim Scott Stadium appeared to love football, the game brought so many together and resulted in many smiles. It turned out to be a great community event, as Estancia High and its cheerleaders, as well Costa Mesa High cheerleaders and Costa Mesa Pop Warner Football players participated.
Click on the article title to read the rest.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014   #53
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I shall not vote since this is a prospect rather than instant help. I will say there are about 10 guys I would have picked instead of this guy. But he has nice measurables and hopefully we have good coaches.
I changed my mind. Voted positive on attitude.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014   #54
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Wow i really like this kid, and if not for the article noone would of known that while on his trip he participated in this ! Very cool !
Old 07-16-2014   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

They really go all out for "Mr. Irrelvant"... there's a lot of events/appearances.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read