Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2013   #21
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Montgomery Converted to DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Didn't like him when he was drafted, don't like him now. He's going to bust here. He already has Chapter 1 of the Bust story written, in fact.
I really wasn't aware of him until we drafted him. I'm not a "draft guru", but I usually have tabs on players that go where he did. Heck, I thought more of Chris Jones than this cat.

He's currently a wasted roster spot.
Old 09-25-2013   #22
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27051 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

J.J. Watt promised he would take Sam Montgomery under his wing and teach him the tools of the trade. He said he would help light a fire under Montgomery and get him into top physical shape back in training camp. I guess you either have that inner drive to improve or you don't. I was hoping it could be taught to Montgomery.

Hes a big boy, man, and I dont think that he tries to gain weight but hes just big. Hes naturally big. Hes not fat, hes got all muscle but a weight thing kept being the issue, Antonio Smith said while on Texans Radio on Sports Radio 610.

In other words, he's unmotivated, fat, slow and lazy? What am I missing here? When people say you are not fat that usually means you are. I guess Antonio Smith doesn't care too much. As long as our young edge rushers (OLBs and DEs) are developing so slowly, it means the Texans have no choice but to keep paying the big dollars to "The Ninja" when it comes to talking about a future contract extension.

It baffles me how we can't seem to find some real talent to put around J.J. Watt in the front seven. Besides Brian Cushing and Antonio Smith of course, but Antonio seems to be more bark than top dog these days. Ever since we lost Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans and to some degree Connor Barwin, we've been getting much worse with our front seven pass rush.

I thought Whitney Mercilus and Brooks Reed would become legitimate All Pros but they're not anywhere near that level yet. They are really disappointing me with their current play. We have very little talent, especially depth wise, on the defensive line and all across the board at the linebacker positions. If J.J. Watt were to get hurt we'd go from a top 10 defense to one of the worst in the league.
Old 09-25-2013   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

You said Connor Barwin? Huh?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You said Connor Barwin? Huh?
Same reaction I had.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Ever since we lost Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans and to some degree Connor Barwin, we've been getting much worse with our front seven pass rush.
If you're suggesting that Connor Barwin was lost after the 2011 season , I can get with that.
Old 09-25-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm thinking I was wrong about Mercilus. He's looked good this year. That strip sack they gave Antonio, Mercilus beat his man pretty bad, I thought he had a hold of Flacco before Antonio got there.
Old 09-25-2013   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm thinking I was wrong about Mercilus. He's looked good this year. That strip sack they gave Antonio, Mercilus beat his man pretty bad, I thought he had a hold of Flacco before Antonio got there.
Reed gave LT fits all game and showed his strength imo.
Old 09-25-2013   #28
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112130 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Montgomery was strictly a 4-3 DE coming out IMO. He struggled to get off blocks and relied almost exclusively on speed rush. Those are not the qualities you look for in a 3-4 DE. He also did not move great in space and was more of a straight line guy. Not what you look for in a 3-4 OLB.

I called him a completely wasted pick the second we took him because he has no fit in our scheme.

I really wanted us to take Akeem Spence or Brian Schwenke with that pick. Spence already starts for Tampa and could have been a great complement/competition to Earl Mitchell. Schwenke would have been the perfect guy to groom to follow Myers. I liked him more than I like Ben Jones.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #29
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Sonic Sam arrested.

Quote:
Former Greenwood High School football star and NFL hopeful has been arrested by SCHP for excessive speeding. More details on the arrest have not been released at this time. Montgomery was held in the Laurens County Detention Center. He was a 2009 graduate of Greenwood High School.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
at least there was no mention of him smoking a cigar.
Old 06-25-2014   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
at least there was no mention of him smoking a cigar.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #32
No Worries
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 No Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respected

No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #33
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

We should've cut him months ago - oh wait...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

I called him a completely wasted pick the second we took him because he has no fit in our scheme.

I really wanted us to take Akeem Spence or Brian Schwenke with that pick...
Your wish is our command...
Old 06-26-2014   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
"I did not inhale" comes to mind. or "what cookie?"
Old 06-26-2014   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
We should've cut him months ago - oh wait...
yeah... he doesn't play for us any more and wasn't much to talk about when he was here
....so why was this thread worth a bump?? Just askiin'
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014   #37
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

don't like him. hope he surprises me.
Old 06-26-2014   #38
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 41183 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
yeah... he doesn't play for us any more and wasn't much to talk about when he was here
....so why was this thread worth a bump?? Just askiin'
Schadenfreude.
Old 06-26-2014   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

How fast do you have to be going to get arrested for speeding?
Old 06-26-2014   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How fast do you have to be going to get arrested for speeding?
your car or your mouth?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read