Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-18-2014   #21
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 called, and Vince Young finally answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Did Vince get out of sausage and into Chinese food? I just went to his sausage website. http://vinceyoungfoods.com
https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #22
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Considering I too will never be offered a job in the NFL I would also like to officially announce my retirement from the NFL.

I am also retiring as a brain surgeon, airline pilot, rocket scientist, etc.
LOL!
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #23
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
People can say what they want,but he's better than any qb on the texans roster. Think about the holes he dug fisher out of. I would be pissed to because he saved fisher job 2 times. Case came in to a more talented team and couldn't win a single game and has a job.
LOL! That's a good one. Do you have any more jokes that good?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
People can say what they want,but he's better than any qb on the texans roster. Think about the holes he dug fisher out of. I would be pissed to because he saved fisher job 2 times. Case came in to a more talented team and couldn't win a single game and has a job.
If by "people", you mean every front office and head coach in the NFL, you're right. They can and have spoken. It's pretty clear they think you're full of ****.
Old 06-18-2014   #25
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 49199 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
who knows maybe things could of been different here didn't he lead the titans to the playoffs his first year ..????

so yeah he Texans could of made the playoffs alooootttt sonner like in 2005 instead of 2011

maybe he could of racked up more wins and playoff berths here

that and we would of never gotten matt scahub and his wut 8 years of nothing here

That and u could say Mario was a bust here 2 he didn't lead us to the post season here hell he didn't even take over games for us here like JJ watt has done see the Detroit lions games JJ watt single handely won that game for us
Come on people! Take Norg off of your igNorge list - you are missing some of the great comedy of all time.

I knew Vince was great but - WOW! He could of led the Horns to the National Championship on Saturdays and the Texans to the playoffs on Sundays in the same season! Awesome! Although I am glad he didn't. All that football might have delayed his finding the cure for cancer and publishing his definitive work on physics.

As for the Lions game if someone won it singlehanded it was Justin Forsett. JJ had a great game, but the Texans offense had over 500 yards (well, officially).
Old 06-18-2014   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The texans released T.J. ???

So you're saying there's a chance. Yes!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #27
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young regrets his run-in with Jeff Fisher; LINK

Quote:
The Titans career of quarterback Vince Young ended in 2010, when an altercation between Young and former Titans coach Jeff Fisher ended with Young declaring, “I’m not running out on my teammates. I’m running out on you.” Young now realizes that, as a practical matter, his NFL career also ended in that moment.

“I definitely do regret getting into it with Coach Fisher down in Tennessee,” Young told In the Loop with Nick & Lopez of SportsRadio 610 in Houston. “It kind of left a bad rap with me and the perception that I’m a bad guy.”
Imagine that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #28
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Imagine that...
That's crap. Vince's career ended because he couldn't learn and run a pro offense within a system. Several teams took a flyer on him after the Jeff Fisher run in. If he would have impressed them he would still have a job and the Fisher thing would have been old news.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #29
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's crap. Vince's career ended because he couldn't learn and run a pro offense within a system. Several teams took a flyer on him after the Jeff Fisher run in. If he would have impressed them he would still have a job and the Fisher thing would have been old news.
Just Vince's I'm a victim of circumstance routine.
Old 07-11-2014   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep. Dude couldn't even make it as a third stringer on the freakin' Bills, but he thinks he's being blacklisted because of the Fisher thing?

Jeesh, Vince, pull your head out. Mike Vick murdered dogs, served time, and the league still took him back, embraced him, and rewarded him with a fat contract and endorsements.

VY needs to quit making excuses and look in the mirror for the source of his failures in the league.
Old 07-11-2014   #31
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I get what you guys are saying, but I listened to a good portion of that interview and I didn't get the impression that VY was trying to blame his problems on anyone.

He came out and said that he was immature and he's done a lot of growing up. He said that it was his fault and he was some entitled kid and shouldn't have reacted that way to Fishers coaching. He said he regretted doing that.

He also said he's tried to reach out to Fisher...Tried to approach him in a pre-season game when he was with GB and Fisher just kind of turned away and went the other direction...He said he's called him...No answer....He said he's even wrote him a letter and he has gotten no response from him. Said he just wanted to apologize and get past those ugly days in Tennessee.

I didn't get that VY was trying to pin anything on anyone. He did say that he think the Fisher thing tainted him around the league, but I didn't get the impression that he was saying that is THE reason he's currently unemployed.

To me, he sounded like he had matured. Accepted his mistakes, and also accepted that he's no longer an NFL QB anymore. I honestly wish the guy luck in his future endeavors.

In what PapaL quoted, the bolded part is the writer. The quotes that are written VY didn't actually say that I don't think.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #32
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. Dude couldn't even make it as a third stringer on the freakin' Bills, but he thinks he's being blacklisted because of the Fisher thing?

Jeesh, Vince, pull your head out. Mike Vick murdered dogs, served time, and the league still took him back, embraced him, and rewarded him with a fat contract and endorsements.

VY needs to quit making excuses and look in the mirror for the source of his failures in the league.
The general consensus among some insane UT fans is that VY didn't make the Bills because the Bills were scared of a QB controversy with Fitzpatrick. Also got cut by the Eagles because Andy Reid thought he was too good to be a backup. However, Fischer still works behind the scenes and uses all his powers to keep VY out of the league which is why he was cut by the Packers during TC and the Browns after a couple of weeks. Pretty psychotic but there are a lot of unstable people in the world.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #33
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 36736 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He also said he's tried to reach out to Fisher...Tried to approach him in a pre-season game when he was with GB and Fisher just kind of turned away and went the other direction...He said he's called him...No answer....He said he's even wrote him a letter and he has gotten no response from him. Said he just wanted to apologize and get past those ugly days in Tennessee.
If he did all that then he apologized. If he's wanting a response then he's STILL making it all about him.

I wish he'd apologize to all of us Titans fans.
Old 07-14-2014   #34
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
If he did all that then he apologized. If he's wanting a response then he's STILL making it all about him.

I wish he'd apologize to all of us Titans fans.
Why? Does Locker owe you an apology as well?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We all know VY can't read much less write an apology letter. Come on now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
...I didn't get that VY was trying to pin anything on anyone. He did say that he think the Fisher thing tainted him around the league, but I didn't get the impression that he was saying that is THE reason he's currently unemployed...
He implies as such, past and/or present. Deflecting.

Quote:
He also said he's tried to reach out to Fisher...Tried to approach him in a pre-season game when he was with GB and Fisher just kind of turned away and went the other direction...He said he's called him...No answer....He said he's even wrote him a letter and he has gotten no response from him. Said he just wanted to apologize and get past those ugly days in Tennessee...
Chickensh!t of Fisher if true.
Old 07-14-2014   #37
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Imagine that...
Certainly there was more to it than that....Like the whole "MIA/suicide watch" episode he had shortly after that and then his financial troubles becoming public, but i do believe that that Jeff Fisher issue went a long way in declaring him damaged goods. Having said that though, he had 2 other opportunities after that with the Eagles and Bills to show teams that he'd matured and he failed.

I listened to most of the interview live that day & he seems genuinely contrite for the most part about his role in how his career turned out & i do think he's turned the page...& he's trying to reach out to Fisher to say as much...Fisher just doesn't seem to want to be bothered with it...& that's the thing VY needs to accept and move on from more than anything. The maturity he seems to have gained from his career being derailed just came 2-3 years too late.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Chickensh!t of Fisher if true.
On the surface, it appears that way.

But, from another perspective, VY was forced on Fisher by a senile owner, and that player - who by all accounts Fisher did not want - ended up costing him his job as a long time head coach.

I have always thought Fisher was a no-bullshit item, and he probably has no respect for Vince Young as a man.

For instance, we should not even know about VY's apology attempts. Grown men do not run to everyone else to whine about things. They just deal with it. Big deal, your former head coach thinks you're a chump and wants nothing to do with you. It's called life, Vince. We all have things in our past that we can regret. You don't hear us blabbing and whining like little boys because a former boss doesn't like us.

I think less of VY because I know this story. It should have been something that he carried with him like a man. It should have been his cross to bear, but now folks are judging Jeff Fisher because he wouldn't' coddle this spoiled football player.
Old 07-14-2014   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the surface, it appears that way.

But, from another perspective, VY was forced on Fisher by a senile owner, and that player - who by all accounts Fisher did not want - ended up costing him his job as a long time head coach.

I have always thought Fisher was a no-bullshit item, and he probably has no respect for Vince Young as a man.

For instance, we should not even know about VY's apology attempts. Grown men do not run to everyone else to whine about things. They just deal with it. Big deal, your former head coach thinks you're a chump and wants nothing to do with you. It's called life, Vince. We all have things in our past that we can regret. You don't hear us blabbing and whining like little boys because a former boss doesn't like us.

I think less of VY because I know this story. It should have been something that he carried with him like a man. It should have been his cross to bear, but now folks are judging Jeff Fisher because he wouldn't' coddle this spoiled football player.
To add on, it's a risky assumption to take anything VY says as not a generous at best version of events. How many times while VY was in TN did he apologize, promise to change, etc.? Yeah maybe Fisher isn't responding to the latest round so VY is technically accurate but not honestly accurate in that he disingenuously said the same thing 500 times before to Fisher. I'm not going to blame Fisher if he isn't continuing the cycle with 501.
Old 07-14-2014   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
For instance, we should not even know about VY's apology attempts...
Point taken, you keep that in house. Hard to know the real truth.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read