Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014   #1081
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
He said he wont be here for Mandatory also. That's what i'm going off of.
He said if he had to make the decision at that time, he would answer no. But he didn't have to & we'll just have to wait & see. Personally, I'd appreciate it if we weren't stabbing dude in the back until he does not show up.

All this crap going on right now is an example of what fans are like in Houston... or of Houston sports teams. I know that makes me look foolish for typing it out loud, but I truly believe that. Houston won't ever have a truly successful franchise because their fans don't know how to get behind it's team & it's players.

Jj Watt won't be staying here unless we pay him a shtload of money, way more than any one player should get... because he like all the other guys who come through are only playing for the money. They're not playing for you or me, because we act like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
PLUS in my defense i drink maybe 1 time a year and i was really ****ed up when i typed that, hell i dont even remember writing it, but i still partially agree with my drunken self, and must give myself credit for spelling also.
It's all good. :rainbow:
Old 06-16-2014   #1082
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post

Comparing AJ to a deserter is a perfect analogy. He has deserted his teammates because they took his pictures down and he doesn't want to go through another rebuild. Pooooor baby. Stop defending him and call a spade a spade.
You're making crap up to support your opinion. That should tell you right there your opinion has holes in it.
Old 06-16-2014   #1083
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The 'what have you done for me lately' way of thought is cringe worthy. Dre has broken his body down for this team. He was paid handsomely, but maybe having the opportunity to play in important games means more to him than money. 2 winning seasons in his career. 2 playoff games. Sad. He was always the first vet into camps, ota's whatever the team wanted and now since he has a year or two left and he doesn't want to waste it on a sucky team he is a villain?
Maybe if he was a little more vocal & demanded more of his teammates on the field...

Old 06-16-2014   #1084
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
3 winning seasons in the last 5. Two significant playoff runs in the last three years... Of course, he was barely involved in 2011 due to injury. If the winning years happened early in his career his frustration would be more understandable. However, they had two very successful seasons prior to last year's disaster. As a player frustrated with losing, I would think he would be very supportive of the organizational changes after the 2013 disappointment.
Unless he thought Smith should go & Kubiak should stay.
Old 06-16-2014   #1085
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Your statement seems to be indicating that Dre stating away is good for the team. I could pick that statement apart, but I'm not going to.
I don't believe it's good for the team. I'd rather he be there. But to say absolutely no good can come from it... which is what I think I was replying to.

Quote:
I am curious though...
Did Schaub stay completely away from ota's?

Was he hurt, but still there? I don't remember.

But really, it doesn't matter. Completely different situations.
Well, Lucky proved my memory not to be so good. But I remember a time Schaub wasn't able to practice & Yates getting a lot of reps because of it helping him out. Or maybe because we didn't have a back up at that time... Lienart, I don't know.
Old 06-16-2014   #1086
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Florio is a shill. His latest is just blatant Texan bashing as is his usual M.O. towards this franchise.

I hope the Texans stand pat and tell Andre to play or retire. there are no other options.
Old 06-16-2014   #1087
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre is hands down my favorite player. He's deserved so much and he's been a great football player to the team and off the field with his charity work and work in the community.

But a player is never above a team. And imo he's been unprofessional about the whole situation. People like my little son and his friends look up to Andre (we bought him the official Andre J jersey/autographed pictures in his room) and don't understand the situation.

While I still love the football player and will always support him, the situation needs to be solved. At this point, I hope he can stay but if he carries this attitude, I'm ready for the next generation of Texans football w/out AJ. Nothing can be worse than last season.
Old 06-16-2014   #1088
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

However many weeks and hundreds of posts into this drama, and the best I can muster is a shrug. AJ is a great player, no doubt. But with all that greatness, the team has won two playoff games ever. They've had more losing seasons with him than winning ones. He's just a WR.

And are Houstonians really that attached to the guy? I mean, he makes no bones about his heart being in Miami. And that's fine, but I reserve my "Earl/Dream/Bum" status for guys that have their heart here.
Old 06-16-2014   #1089
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

I hope the Texans stand pat and tell Andre to play or retire. there are no other options.
That wouldn't be standing pat.
Old 06-16-2014   #1090
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136056 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
However many weeks and hundreds of posts into this drama, and the best I can muster is a shrug. AJ is a great player, no doubt. But with all that greatness, the team has won two playoff games ever. They've had more losing seasons with him than winning ones. He's just a WR.

And are Houstonians really that attached to the guy? I mean, he makes no bones about his heart being in Miami. And that's fine, but I reserve my "Earl/Dream/Bum" status for guys that have their heart here.
I'm not really attached to any of these guys.
Old 06-16-2014   #1091
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not really attached to any of these guys.
Me either and I understand emotional attachment from kids, but attachment from adults I don't get.
Old 06-16-2014   #1092
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, if AJ doesn't show up for this weeks "mandatory" mini-camp, he's not rapidly approaching persona non grata status for you ?
He remains our best WR, but he's no mental giant and without knowing the new system which he's missed learning because of his own decision to not attend any of the summer OTAs, he'll be way behind everybody else and not being a quick study he will struggle to catch up. Then he's going to be a distraction because he'll be frustrated and maybe even morose if he can't get the lions share of the snaps he's used to getting as our #1 WR.
Old 06-16-2014   #1093
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Andre is fast approaching Bowe Bergdahl status in my eyes, and who wants someone like that on their team? Someone who bails out when things get tough.
Explain how he managed to not bail for how many seasons previously then? In one case, your Bergdahl comparison is apt...he's being tried in the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I agree he needs to pick a starter at QB, but the beginning of training camp should work.

I'm not concerned he didn't name one in OTA's.
...and if the beginning of TC works for that, then AJ really doesn't need to be here before then either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
But Johnson remains dug in. With potential fines for skipping mandatory minicamp at only $70,000, itís a no-brainer he wonít be there; Johnson already has blown a $1 million roster bonus by not attending offseason workouts.
I'd be surprised if it's "already blown", but it would make the 70K for not attending mini-camp pocket change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Houston won't ever have a truly successful franchise because their fans don't know how to get behind it's team & it's players.
*Gag* This is even worse than Tate's "wishy-washy fans" garbage. If they need the fans to get their collective **** together, we're already doomed.
Old 06-16-2014   #1094
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136056 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But I remember a time Schaub wasn't able to practice & Yates getting a lot of reps because of it helping him out.

When was that?

I don't get that argument though. A bunch of differences. That's a big reach.
Old 06-16-2014   #1095
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He said if he had to make the decision at that time, he would answer no. But he didn't have to & we'll just have to wait & see. Personally, I'd appreciate it if we weren't stabbing dude in the back until he does not show up.

All this crap going on right now is an example of what fans are like in Houston... or of Houston sports teams. I know that makes me look foolish for typing it out loud, but I truly believe that. Houston won't ever have a truly successful franchise because their fans don't know how to get behind it's team & it's players.

Jj Watt won't be staying here unless we pay him a shtload of money, way more than any one player should get... because he like all the other guys who come through are only playing for the money. They're not playing for you or me, because we act like this.

It's all good. :rainbow:

[quote=eriadoc;2350962]However many weeks and hundreds of posts into this drama, and the best I can muster is a shrug. AJ is a great player, no doubt. But with all that greatness, the team has won two playoff games ever. They've had more losing seasons with him than winning ones. He's just a WR.

And are Houstonians really that attached to the guy? I mean, he makes no bones about his heart being in Miami. And that's fine, but I reserve my "Earl/Dream/Bum" status for guys that have their heart here.[/QUOTE]

Apparently TK was absent the LuvYaBlue era.

50,000 fans showing up for a rally to support a team that had just lost a game.

Houston fans will support a team of achievers, kinda frown on quitters though.

Anyone who doesn't think this team quit last year or that AJ has morphed into a quitter is not paying attention.

Old 06-16-2014   #1096
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

...and if the beginning of TC works for that, then AJ really doesn't need to be here before then either.
Yeah, I'm really not concerned about AJ at all for some reason.
Old 06-16-2014   #1097
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
You're making crap up to support your opinion. That should tell you right there your opinion has holes in it.
I'm not makomg "crap" up. I am speculating and building on what is an entirely possible scenario. My opinion is nothing more than an opinion, whether it has "holes" in it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Explain how he managed to not bail for how many seasons previously then? In one case, your Bergdahl comparison is apt...he's being tried in the media.
So in your eyes him deserting now is ok, because he did not desert back then? It makes it even worse in my eyes. Very few would have blamed him if he had left in FA after his first contract, but to stick all this time to only now decide to bail is nonsense. He hitched his wagon to the Texans long term and should have accepted that, lived up to his word and showed up at OTA's.

Now that he hasn't and has generated this drama when he could have handled it in the off season without any drama, he has displayed his true colors.

As a Marine, you do not leave your brothers behind. People you have bled in the trenches with battling with every year, especially for your own individual gain. From all appearances, this is exactly what Dre is doing. There is no defense for this kind of betrayal.

'Hey look at me everyone, I am a loyal, honorable man. I love my Texans and would never abandon them. Unless I don't get what I want, then I will take my ball and go home! GO Texans!'

I hope he retires and saves what little dignity he has left.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Old 06-16-2014   #1098
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
spin it any way you want, this team sucks currently. he has poured blood,sweat and tears into this organization he should be allowed to pursue greener pastures elsewhere because all we have here is a dried up rice field. Why let it become personal and bitter after such a stellar career?

Oh and why not mention the other 9 or 10 seasons of misery that he endured?
I can *kinda* see both sides of this argument. I know AJ wants to be on a winner. As to the bolded, yes, he has. And in return the best receiver in the team's history has been very well compensated as has been discussed in depth & detail. If he were here learning this new offense with his team he could be positioning himself to be on a winner right here. (I already know what's coming here;^) As far as being "allowed to pursue greener pastures elsewhere" I'm of the opinion, gut feeling only, that Bob McNair has given Rick Smith the green light to play hardball with AJ here so he remains a Texan for the duration of his career and he retires a Texan. The last part is not a supposition on my part, it's a quote I've heard from the horses mouth along with probably everyone else on this forum.

As to the underlined: See bolded in response above.

As you were...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 06-16-2014   #1099
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ will be back. Whatever his attitude is when he gets back will be his own. And he'll play a lot because he's the best WR on the team. And he will catch a lot of passes because he's just like that, and that good, to be able to produce a high quality product for an organization he may not like, but currently works for.

I, for one, am not worried.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 06-16-2014   #1100
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it... all this is the honeymoon chatter. I'll believe the culture has been changed when we win those tough close games.

Until then, they're still soft. All this yak about tough & culture change reminds me of the letterman jackets without the props.
Quote:
...Houston won't ever have a truly successful franchise because their fans don't know how to get behind it's team & it's players.
Pot, meet kettle.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read