Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2014   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Mike Vrabel thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
...I had to turn around a few times and stifle laughter he is so dang funny.
Does everybody "get" it, or does it go over their heads?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Does everybody "get" it, or does it go over their heads?
Oh yeah, he is very direct. Both positive and negative. There is no misunderstanding his teaching points. They are emphatic. Easy to understand. He shows them what to do. And he is often hilarious (and memorable) in how he says it.
Old 06-04-2014   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Your assignment if you choose to accept it:

Go to open training camp.

Get as close as you can to Vrabel running linebacker drills.

Record it.

Do a Vine vid of the most hilarious parts.

Best use of sarcastic profanity ever. But kind too. And not just yelling to yell, they are coaching points.

I had to turn around a few times and stifle laughter he is so dang funny.
But don't you think Mike V. will censor himself with all the younguns in attendance?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see Vrabel being RAC's replacement as the DC in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

McGinest tells Texans players to put team first
Quote:
"I've got friends in the building," McGinest said. "I wanted to watch practice, watch film, talk with some of the young players, be a resource and just see if I could help. I just love to be out there giving tips.

"It's a good team and a great group of guys. I know Billy O is really going to get them going, and I wanted to come in and be a part of it for a couple of days.

"Players hear from the coaches a lot. When they hear from a player who went through what they're going through and made that same transformation they're making, they kind of relate in a different way."

McGinest is a big Crennel fan.

"Romeo is very knowledgeable," he said. "One thing that's always said about great coaches is they have schemes and game plans but they don't just throw them out there and demand their players play them.

"Romeo has that innate ability to come up with a scheme and game plan based around his talent. He'll put players in the best position to succeed. He's going to ask a lot of them and push them to play at a high level."

McGinest likes what he sees and hears about O'Brien early in his first season as an NFL head coach.

"I like his style," McGinest said. "I like that he's so demanding. He's a smart coach who understands what he wants and what styles need to be played.

"He's going to push guys. He wants tough guys. He's going to change the culture. He's teaching fundamentals, the importance of being consistent.

"When you put in new systems, it's going to take some time. Nobody's going to get it overnight. There's a process, but he's got all the ingredients for championship football."
Old 06-13-2014   #26
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
"He's going to push guys. He wants tough guys. He's going to change the culture. He's teaching fundamentals, the importance of being consistent.
I liked the way Willie was talking but I LOVED what he said in the bolded. I could be way wrong but I always thought that was lacking with the former regimes.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

1-on-1: Willie McGinest (Part 1)

1-on-1: Willie McGinest (Part 2)

1-on-1: Willie McGinest (Part 3)
Old 06-16-2014   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

McGinest looks pretty damned good in Texans' gear

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #29
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Vrabel: "Just trying to be me."
Quote:
Linebackers coach Mike Vrabel talked about Brooks Reed, Clowney's learning curve, his former coaches and how they molded his coaching style and more Monday following the morning practice.
Old 07-28-2014   #30
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Not try to take anything away from Doc or anything, I really meant to comment to the boards , not so much him directly, my apologies. But I still stand by my comment. I personally wouldn't label him as "fragile" or anything along those lines. We all seen the (don't wanna say cheap shots) blocks? He took low. So for anybody to say he injury prone, etc, is just absurd IMHO.(not saying anyone in particular has) but I've seen comments on other sites were others do.
I see your point, but when I say injury prone I mean it in a broad sense—likely to be injured, for whatever reason. Is part of it because opponents try to get Cush out of games since he's so good? Does he bother to defend himself against cheap shots? Does the intensity with which he plays have anything to do with it?

I'll rephrase it: For whatever combination of reasons, Cushing is very likely to get hurt.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I use to be an NFL LB but I took an arrow errr helmet to the knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #32
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Did a Google image search, and came up with this. What the hell?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Too. Many. Patriots.

*barf*

This better work.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read