Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-14-2014   #1
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2011 called, and Vince Young finally answered

Vince Young is officially retired. Well, sort of officially. Unless he isn't.

"I'm retired," Young told NFL.com. "Unless we get a great opportunity, something guaranteed ... I've already started moving forward. ... It's definitely official, I think, in my book."
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 called, and Vince Young finally answered

His NFL career was a flop, but he still was possibly the greatest college football player and one of the best big game/clutch QBs I watched play. I'll never forget the 2006 rose bowl, which is still today the best individual performance I have seen on a football field and the greatest football game I ever watched.

Just goes to show you that the NFL and College football are two completely different games. Some players don't translate while others thrive and improve well past their production in college.. hence crap shoot.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans should of picked him we would of deff seen the PLayoffs a lot sooner and maybe a AFC champ game SB !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

instead we seen VY open a can on the Texans I don't think he ever lost to the Texans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering I too will never be offered a job in the NFL I would also like to officially announce my retirement from the NFL.

I am also retiring as a brain surgeon, airline pilot, rocket scientist, etc.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Vince Young is shockingly stupid.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder how much he will make at the 40 acres. 70k/yr sound about right?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #7
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
i wonder how much he will make at the 40 acres. 70k/yr sound about right?
He almost single handedly brought Ut back to being relevant and is an all time great for the school. I have to believe that (unless he puts himself in a bad situation) he will always be able to make a decent living if he stays affiliated with the school.
Old 06-16-2014   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wow, Vince Young is shockingly stupid.
Not as stupid as the few morons that still maintain the Texans should have drafted him.
Old 06-16-2014   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not as stupid as the few morons that still maintain the Texans should have drafted him.
I've asked 'VY has to be better that at least half of the back-up QB's on other teams, right?

WRONG - looks like he is not.
Old 06-16-2014   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Vince get out of sausage and into Chinese food? I just went to his sausage website. http://vinceyoungfoods.com
Old 06-16-2014   #11
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will be hard for him to find a job w/ the athletic department. He could come in handy in recruiting, be an assistant coach or something on the team..
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #12
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Texans should of picked him we would of deff seen the PLayoffs a lot sooner and maybe a AFC champ game SB !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

instead we seen VY open a can on the Texans I don't think he ever lost to the Texans
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #13
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah man, don't quote Norg, that totally defeats the purpose of having him on my ignore list!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

still makes me cry wha could of been LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUukfA5ugtI
Old 06-17-2014   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Did Vince get out of sausage and into Chinese food? I just went to his sausage website. http://vinceyoungfoods.com
What in the WORLD does Vince know about Chinese food?

"You got any pork fried duck?"

:Richard Pryor
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:

So just exactly what COULD have been? Maybe he could have gotten Kubiak fired earlier like he did Fisher? That is one positive thing he could have brought.
Old 06-17-2014   #17
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 33633 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So just exactly what COULD have been? Maybe he could have gotten Kubiak fired earlier like he did Fisher? That is one positive thing he could have brought.
Maybe I could have scored some professional football pads instead of a Tennessee fan getting them during his temper tantrums?
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:

Maybe I could've walked into a gay bar and and seen a sweaty shirtless half illiterate QB girating to funky cold medina surrounded by a bunch of sweaty shirtless half illiterate dopes.
Old 06-18-2014   #19
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

People can say what they want,but he's better than any qb on the texans roster. Think about the holes he dug fisher out of. I would be pissed to because he saved fisher job 2 times. Case came in to a more talented team and couldn't win a single game and has a job.
Old 06-18-2014   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
who knows maybe things could of been different here didn't he lead the titans to the playoffs his first year ..????

so yeah he Texans could of made the playoffs alooootttt sonner like in 2005 instead of 2011

maybe he could of racked up more wins and playoff berths here

that and we would of never gotten matt scahub and his wut 8 years of nothing here

That and u could say Mario was a bust here 2 he didn't lead us to the post season here hell he didn't even take over games for us here like JJ watt has done see the Detroit lions games JJ watt single handely won that game for us

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read