Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2014   #21
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

March for mariota? Scust.

Speedy recovery for Clown.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney had sports hernia surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It is unlikely that Clowney has been dealing with this since only the draft...
I posted about his "slight groin pull" he was dealing with during his pro day somewhere back in the Clowney prospect thread.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I posted about his "slight groin pull" he was dealing with during his pro day somewhere back in the Clowney prospect thread.
MSR. That now makes sense. In order to make the diagnosis of "athletic pubalgia," or sports hernia, doctors must be aware of lending significant suspicion to the possibility of the diagnosis or they are bound to miss it until quite late when it has progressed to a point where it becomes somewhat debilitating.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #24
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe someone knows why Clowney doesn't have the bone spur(s) on his right foot taken care of at the same time?
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
Maybe someone knows why Clowney doesn't have the bone spur(s) on his right foot taken care of at the same time?
I've beaten that horse all through the predraft discussions. I believe the choice to ignore that chronic problem will come to bite him and the team in the butt.
Old 06-14-2014   #26
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I've beaten that horse all through the predraft discussions. I believe the choice to ignore that chronic problem will come to bite him and the team in the butt.
The prospect doesn't look good, does it? Reading between the lines, the #1 pick has groin surgery, needs foot surgery, is having trouble picking up the nuances of the OLB position, has red flags about work ethic. I know the Texans tried to trade out of the pick, but perhaps asked too much. Now that we're down to no depth at RT, Greg Robinson would have been a pick of the ages.

This is the stuff that makes or breaks GM's.
Old 06-14-2014   #27
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The prospect doesn't look good, does it? Reading between the lines, the #1 pick has groin surgery, needs foot surgery, is having trouble picking up the nuances of the OLB position, has red flags about work ethic. I know the Texans tried to trade out of the pick, but perhaps asked too much. Now that we're down to no depth at RT, Greg Robinson would have been a pick of the ages.

I don`t know if it is time to panic yet. So far the injuries don`t seem "life threatening" and could be taken care of before the season starts. Clowney wasn`t injured a lot before, at least he is not known as an injury prone player. Maybe his drop in production even had something to do with the sports hernia?

IŽd have loved the Robinson pick, but I am also on the Clowney bandwagon. He clearly had the most impressive tape I watched out of all the prospects and he plays at a high value position and is said to be one of the best defensive prospects of the last 15 years. So let`s see how this plays out before we panic.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #28
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thankfully we have your awesome boyfriend Brooke Reed on defense so that's all we need!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It has long been well known that foot problems will change the way you walk and can notoriously cause mechanical strain on the hip and back. Sports hernias, in turn, are very commonly found in individuals with a mechanical disorder of the hip and can often be resolved by addressing the underlying factor affecting this hip incoordination. As I said many times before the Draft, I wanted the pick, but only if Clowney agreed to address the bone spurs problem that he himself admitted on several interviews progressively bothered him over the years dating back to high school and affected his last year's performance.
Old 06-14-2014   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

So it begins. Next up bone spurs. After that?
Old 06-14-2014   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

True

But is it impossible to break Teflon?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #32
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was in favor of taking Robiinson #1 even if we couldn't trade down. Now we hear about the health conditions. Is Clowney going to be another one of those injury prone draft mistakes?

Bone spurs now, eh? Maybe CnD can tell us how serious it is.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Bone spurs now, eh? Maybe CnD can tell us how serious it is.
We've been talking about it for months and CnD has described the ramifications several times.
Old 06-15-2014   #34
Lambert
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Thankfully we have your awesome boyfriend Brooke Reed on defense so that's all we need!
The Ironduck speaks!
Old 06-15-2014   #35
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeahhh, so my kids gave me a Clowney jersey for fathers day LOL ! Talk about ironic. Sooo get well soon #90

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read