Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB will be waived?
Fitzgerald 2 1.90%
Savage 0 0%
Keenum 41 39.05%
Yates 62 59.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2014   #81
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which QB will be waived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Winston is an illiterate rapist.
So if Winston could read and write, you'd be OK with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Isn't that what they said about Kubiak as well?
Kubiak couldn't fix Carr. But he did an OK job with Schaub before the foot injury. I'm sure he'll end up helping Flacco. I just don't think he was a NFL head coach.
Old 06-13-2014   #82
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
2011 and all this time and yates hasn't learned much everytime he's had his chances. as far as keenum, many are wondering if he's learned anything either. time will tell and still think yates will be cut.
yates playing time since 2011:

2012 - none
2013 - 1 half of football in an out of control game

So where's all this playing time Yates has had to show what he's learned?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yates playing time since 2011:

2012 - none
2013 - 1 half of football in an out of control game

So where's all this playing time Yates has had to show what he's learned?
You want to check the records again.
Yates played in 3 games in 2012, and 2 games in 2013.

The additional learning comes from being the second string QB who would see some snaps with the first string each week and all the reps with the second string instead of running the scout team.

By starting 6 full games in 2012, Yates got plenty of times with the first string already.
While Case was busy running the scout team for over a year, Yates had the time to learn and take mental reps within Kubiak's offense.

Coming in those second half situTions, he would see more backups from the opponents than normally.

Those are times to learn like Schaub did in Atlanta, when he was the backup.

The games are supposed to be easier, yet he still made mistakes after mistakes.

Did you listen or read what he had to say about last year?
He said he blew his chance.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #84
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates took 50 snaps in 3 games in 2013 and 23 snaps in 4 games in 2012.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It would have been nice to see Tj for eight games, couldn't have been much worse than 0-8. What little bit of Yates we did see didn't look too bad to me. 2 INTs in a game we were getting our butts handed to us any way...

But he was throwing the ball well, & working the offense.
Sure, if you count throwing to the opponents as good throws.
Working the offense is to get the ball to a wide open Walter who was calling for it right in front of him, not keeping the ball and try to run with it only to lose it on a fumble.

3 INTs and a lost fumble with 3 sacks in 32 attempts.
That's the equivalence of at least 48 INTs and 48 sacks over the course of one full season, at the minimum.
That is unless the offense consists.of just running the ball.
Old 06-13-2014   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I don't count kneeling down to end a game or the equivalence as a snap.
Old 06-13-2014   #87
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Blah blah QB blah blah Keenum blah blah blah
Link?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #88
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't count kneeling down to end a game or the equivalence as a snap.
Have you ever knelt down as a QB in a college NFL game? It's not easy.

Future NFL QB here: http://youtu.be/jQz4BFbgARI?t=1s
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #89
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Isn't that what they said about Kubiak as well?
Yes, they did. We're trying again. It's all part of the giving the new coach slack his first year. Right now I'm an O'Brien fan, just like I was once a Kubiak fan. Kubiak tried to screw me without Vaseline and now I hate him. If O'Brien does that, then I'll hate him.

All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #90
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Have you ever knelt down as a QB in a college NFL game? It's not easy.

Future NFL QB here: http://youtu.be/jQz4BFbgARI?t=1s
Why I can't never never ever be an NFL QB.
Old 06-14-2014   #91
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yes, they did. We're trying again. It's all part of the giving the new coach slack his first year. Right now I'm an O'Brien fan, just like I was once a Kubiak fan. Kubiak tried to screw me without Vaseline and now I hate him. If O'Brien does that, then I'll hate him.

Tried to or did?
Old 06-14-2014   #92
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Soooo........, are you saying if he had vaseline it would've been okay?

J/K

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #93
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sure, if you count throwing to the opponents as good throws.
Working the offense is to get the ball to a wide open Walter who was calling for it right in front of him, not keeping the ball and try to run with it only to lose it on a fumble.

3 INTs and a lost fumble with 3 sacks in 32 attempts.
That's the equivalence of at least 48 INTs and 48 sacks over the course of one full season, at the minimum.
That is unless the offense consists.of just running the ball.
That is the oldest mistake in the book. You can't extrapolate things like this from such a small sample size under extraordinary situations.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #94
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think McNair had his eye on a particular Gamecock & wanted to make sure we were in position to nab him.
That was your first mistake.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
That is the oldest mistake in the book. You can't extrapolate things like this from such a small sample size under extraordinary situations.
IMO, a coach wants to see progress from year to year.

I believe that if Yates had not make those mental mistakes, he would have gotten the starts, not Keenum.

That said, everyone gets a clean slate.
I hope they all improve and I will cheer for the ones on the 53-man roster.
It's a game and I like to enjoy it rather than to see them struggling.
Old 06-15-2014   #96
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So if Winston could read and write, you'd be OK with him?
No. Did you miss the whole rapist part?
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #97
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
exactly which breaks down to:

5 snaps in 4 games for 2013..

Lol at him counting "mental" reps. People watching the team during training camp get mental reps...guess we can count them all as having gotten plenty of time to learn how to play qb in the NFL too then huh?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #98
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lol at him counting "mental" reps. People watching the team during training camp get mental reps...guess we can count them all as having gotten plenty of time to learn how to play qb in the NFL too then huh?
They don't have the playbook. So it (watching the team) doesn't count if you don't know what you're looking at.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 06-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

You missed an important Zero after the number 5.

If Yates had made that many mistakes in just 5 snaps, I doubted that he's still with the team.
Old 06-17-2014   #100
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Yates, no brainer. He was only drafted because he ran the same system Gary used, in Butch Davis offense in NC. Case has a bigger upside, and could be thrown in for a wrinkle (wildcat style) if they wanted. It will be Yates.
So it is ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read