Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB will be waived?
Fitzgerald 2 1.90%
Savage 0 0%
Keenum 41 39.05%
Yates 62 59.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2014   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Which QB will be waived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thing is its not just BO'B .... its the other Bob too and he has a mancrush on Keenum. He for all intents and purposes gave the last HC an ultimatum to play Keenum ....
I think McNair had his eye on a particular Gamecock & wanted to make sure we were in position to nab him.
Old 06-13-2014   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I thought about wishing both boys luck, saying that I will cheer for either one who remains on the roster.
And I will.

But, some posts were kinda funny to me (no offense, guys), so I want to check out something about Yates as well, since we've been talking enough about Keenum.

I mean, I don't hate Yates.
But, I certainly don't want to witness these things for the fourth straight year.
Can anybody blame me?
You can break down Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, & Aaron Rodgers & find mistakes. No doubt you can find more mistakes per snap for Tj Yates.

But you can't find one mistake made by Case Keenum.

Old 06-13-2014   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have nothing against Case, but I do seriously wonder how folks around here would perceive him if he was the UDFA QB from Wisconsin State.
I was interested in Timmy Chang coming out of Hawaii. I wanted to see him get a shot in the NFL, but he could never make it out of training camp.

Just like Vince & Johnny, any time a kid makes some noise in college, I want to see him in the pros (I can't follow college football); Vick, Peyton, all the way back to Kosar)... some make it, some don't. I think Case & Kolb did just as much at the college level at that level.

Didn't matter to me where they come from, I want to see them play in the NFL. Being that they come from Texas I do root for them to succeed, but I'll call a spade a spade.

Still think Kubiak could have ran all over the NFL with Kevin Kolb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I honestly think we've got four clipboard holders on the roster right now. Maybe they prove otherwise this season, but what I expect is to see a formidable defensive unit being built and a rather anemic offense that tries to avoid losing games.
I think some QBs have it & can be instantly successful in the NFL. Others would do great if they had a solid team under them for a few years. Peyton Manning was one of t he former. His team didn't win a lot, but there was no doubt he could play this game at this level. Tom Brady was the latter. He was a game manager for three years, at the same time he studied & eventually mastered the game.

I know that Tj & Case aren't the Peyton Manning type. I'd like to see if they can become game managers, then maybe progress from there. Actually, I've seen enough from Tj to make me believe he can be that game manager for us.
Old 06-13-2014   #64
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've got to have one of the worst QB situations in the league. I don't understand why anyone would pick up any of these guys when we cut him. They'll be picking a guy who couldn't beat out a back-up's back-up.
You mean you don't think that Gary Kubiak anxiously awaits each and every waiver wire report hoping against hope that he can start the campaign with Ozzie and Harbaugh to claim Case on waivers?
Old 06-13-2014   #65
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Blah blah QB blah blah Keenum blah blah blah
Old 06-13-2014   #66
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've got to have one of the worst QB situations in the league.
The Texans don't have a frontline starter. But, they have several backups. There are teams out there who could use a Texan QB as a backup.
Old 06-13-2014   #67
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans don't have a frontline starter. But, they have several backups. There are teams out there who could use a Texan QB as a backup.
If only we could trade one for a starter.
Old 06-13-2014   #68
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
If only we could trade one for a starter.
One of the reasons to hire a QB guru like O'Brien is that he can supposedly develop one. I'm willing to see if he can do just that.
Old 06-13-2014   #69
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
One of the reasons to hire a QB guru like O'Brien is that he can supposedly develop one. I'm willing to see if he can do just that.
Isn't that what they said about Kubiak as well?
Old 06-13-2014   #70
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though he carries my family name, I think it will be Yates. I really dont want to give up on Case just yet.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #71
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 8515 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is funny b/c Yates actually was a true rookie who was thrown into the fire when he played his 6 games in 2011. Meanwhile, Keenum had a whole year to sit on the practice squad to get ready to even be able to compete....and didn't look much better.
2011 and all this time and yates hasn't learned much everytime he's had his chances. as far as keenum, many are wondering if he's learned anything either. time will tell and still think yates will be cut.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Isn't that what they said about Kubiak as well?
I thought Kubiak did a good job with Carr & Rosenfels. He got good production from both of them with very little time/work invested. He also ascertained in a short amount of time, that it wasn't worth further investment for the likely returns.

Then there was Schaub. Not a whole lot of talent there, but Kubiak was able to get "elite" like production out of him.

Problems there, we missed four years of Schaub's prime years while he sat on Atlanta's bench, Schaub's window closed a whole lot quicker than it should have, Kubiak's back up plan got superceeded, & he had to do his thing on the fly with Super Bowl expectations on his mind (& heart).

If OB can get out the production out of Fitz/Case/Yates/Savage that Kubiak got out of Carr/Sage/Schaub... things may not be so bad.
Old 06-13-2014   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
2011 and all this time and yates hasn't learned much everytime he's had his chances. as far as keenum, many are wondering if he's learned anything either. time will tell and still think yates will be cut.
It would have been nice to see Tj for eight games, couldn't have been much worse than 0-8. What little bit of Yates we did see didn't look too bad to me. 2 INTs in a game we were getting our butts handed to us any way...

But he was throwing the ball well, & working the offense.
Old 06-13-2014   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can break down Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, & Aaron Rodgers & find mistakes. No doubt you can find more mistakes per snap for Tj Yates.

But you can't find one mistake made by Case Keenum.

Not biting, LOL.

I'm sure there are plenty of posts of mine where I mentioned his mistakes.
I can't be repeating myself all the time.

Just use the search function.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Not biting, LOL.

I'm sure there are plenty of posts of mine where I mentioned his mistakes.
I can't be repeating myself all the time.

Just use the search function.
As useful as the search function is, you've got a rep around here, one you've worked pretty hard to get. My statement may not be 100% accurate, but I think most people know where I'm coming from.

& honestly, if you want my opinion, it's a waste. I think you've got a good football mind & before Case, I used to enjoy talking football with you (we were often on the same side), I enjoyed following your QB breakdown before the 2012 season & was optimistic about landing Case as an UDFA, but since then it's as if you've lost all objectivity.

I would have loved to hear your take on the 2014 QB draft. Would've loved to hear how the top prospects compared to the QBs on our roster. However, after you came back, I realized it would have been a waste & nothing more than a "Case is better than all these mofos" campaign.
Old 06-13-2014   #76
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought Kubiak did a good job with Carr & Rosenfels. He got good production from both of them with very little time/work invested. He also ascertained in a short amount of time, that it wasn't worth further investment for the likely returns.

Then there was Schaub. Not a whole lot of talent there, but Kubiak was able to get "elite" like production out of him.

Problems there, we missed four years of Schaub's prime years while he sat on Atlanta's bench, Schaub's window closed a whole lot quicker than it should have, Kubiak's back up plan got superceeded, & he had to do his thing on the fly with Super Bowl expectations on his mind (& heart).

If OB can get out the production out of Fitz/Case/Yates/Savage that Kubiak got out of Carr/Sage/Schaub... things may not be so bad.
Schaub might have been a third round draft pick, but he had been in the league for awhile.
Kubiak/Smith saw enough of him to be willing to trade the equivalence of the 22nd pick or so.
They also gave him a big contract on top of that..

Then they re-upped him with an even bigger contract.

Somebody has to be responsible for his play besides Schaub himself.

Whether they got enough out of it all depends on each fans perspective.

In my eyes, they fell short.
I can't say that I saw Kubiak as a QB's guru.

Mediocre to fair is the most I can agree with.
Old 06-13-2014   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I've already given my opinions on the vast majority of QB'S pre-draft.

I said I saw Mariota at the top of the prospect list, and I hope that he comes out.

I would rather that the Texans traded away the top pick to stock pile on future draft picks in order to trade up in the future, in 2015, if they can.

I also gave some suggestions on guys if the Texans didn't want to wait, even though I would rather that they don't.

If you want a hell of a prospect, save up your farm.

It's Bob's first year anyway; he's going to get some slack
Old 06-13-2014   #78
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've already given my opinions on the vast majority of QB'S pre-draft.

I said I saw Mariota at the top of the prospect list, and I hope that he comes out.

I would rather that the Texans traded away the top pick to stock pile on future draft picks in order to trade up in the future, in 2015, if they can.

I also gave some suggestions on guys if the Texans didn't want to wait, even though I would rather that they don't.

If you want a hell of a prospect, save up your farm.

It's Bob's first year anyway; he's going to get some slack
If Winston avoids legal trouble, I like him and Mariotta with Hundley and Bryce a liitle bit later. Your thoughts?
Old 06-13-2014   #79
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If Winston avoids legal trouble, I like him and Mariotta with Hundley and Bryce a liitle bit later. Your thoughts?
Winston is an illiterate rapist. Mariotta I could see if he does well again this year and makes strides.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think some QBs have it & can be instantly successful in the NFL. Others would do great if they had a solid team under them for a few years. Peyton Manning was one of t he former. His team didn't win a lot, but there was no doubt he could play this game at this level. Tom Brady was the latter. He was a game manager for three years, at the same time he studied & eventually mastered the game.
According to Peyton Manning, all good QBs are so-called "game managers".

And I have to disagree with you about Brady. His first four years in the league as starter (including 2001), he had 17 fourth quarter comebacks/game-winning drives (Source). Many of those were in the post season, including Super Bowls. Any QB that is clutch and can consistently produce game winning drives is more than just a "game manager" in the sense that you are using it.

Heck, just look at that first Super Bowl vs. the Rams. Patriots tied 17-17, get the ball on the 17 with 1:21 on the clock. Brady marches them down the field with all passes to get them in FG position to win the game. That's not Trent Dilferish game manager. That was a sign of clutch and greatness in his first season as a starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read