Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2014   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Crazy idea...Move Mercilus to ILB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I just don't see mercilous being able to drop into coverage.
From all the comments so far, you're not alone. Nor am I.

Don't see it coming to pass myself.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Crazy idea. Bad idea. Don't ever post this garbage again. lol
Old 05-19-2014   #43
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Crazy idea. Bad idea. Don't ever post this garbage again. lol
BM.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #44
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
When I found out RAC was coming, my first thought was they might move JJ to the OLB and bring in a couple of two-gapper DEs. That doesn't appear to be the direction they want to go at this point, though.
I'm starting to believe they are going to do this. Watch the videos with JJ talking about Clowney & Reed talking about playing ILB. JJ is very coy with his answer when asked about playing standing up. Both times he keeps getting a big grin on his face & just says he's comfortable with doing anything on the football field. Add to that, the fact that Reed is being worked at ILB & I can't help but think they are going to go that way. Dang it! There I go drooling again.

http://www.houstontexans.com/

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #45
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 578 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I'm starting to believe they are going to do this. Watch the videos with JJ talking about Clowney & Reed talking about playing ILB. JJ is very coy with his answer when asked about playing standing up. Both times he keeps getting a big grin on his face & just says he's comfortable with doing anything on the football field. Add to that, the fact that Reed is being worked at ILB & I can't help but think they are going to go that way. Dang it! There I go drooling again.

http://www.houstontexans.com/

So who plays DE? Just anyone with a pulse I guess.. Crick and Pagan?
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #46
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Not sure, but Ricardo Matthews & Pagan are my guesses.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 05-28-2014   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm sure it's going to depend on the team we're facing & the offense they field. We're going to be a "multiple" defense. Versatility is the key.
Old 05-28-2014   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sure it's going to depend on the team we're facing & the offense they field. We're going to be a "multiple" defense. Versatility is the key.
Does it really matter? JAG will do fine.
Old 05-28-2014   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought i heard Mathews was gone???
Old 05-29-2014   #50
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I thought i heard Mathews was gone???
He's still listed on the roster & I don't see any transactions showing they released him. Could you be thinking of Rico Richardson instead?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/transactions.html

He's #94 on slide 57 of the day 2 OTA's.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...e-ac2801520977

The Texans Bull Rush

Last edited by Hottoddie; 05-29-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2014   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's still listed on the roster & I don't see any transactions showing they released him. Could you be thinking of Rico Richardson instead?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/transactions.html

He's #94 on slide 57 of the day 2 OTA's.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...e-ac2801520977
Hell I don't know what I was thinking. I swear I heard that somewhere. Oh well good I was hoping he would make it. I would love that lineup in your sig. Hell replace Mathews with the guy from Tulane I don't care. Throw some big boys up in front of those FOUR to tie up blocks and let them make plays all over the field.
Old 05-30-2014   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I've read, looks like several of our LBs will be interchangeable depending of the situation.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Whitney Mercilus on his role
Quote:
LB Whitney Mercilus spoke about Coach Vrabel, Jadeveon Clowney and more in this 'Extended Cut'.
Whitney back in school... a good thing.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #54
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been down on Mercilus since the pick was announced. BUT the guy has physical tools. I've never liked the way he actually played though.

If this staff can identify his shortcomings and coach him up he could be an impact player. He's gotta be able to consistently stress the hell out of single blocks though and on occasion beat them and get sacks or pressures.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read