Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2014   #61
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95608 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU to have joint practices vs ATL & DEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I still remember D-Ryans going at it with Shockey. It made me happy as a lark seeing someone take that asswipe down.

Man, I miss me some D-Ryans. Not the most agile, but always enjoyed watching him play. One of my all time faves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZpjE2bE8uU
Remember the hit he put on Shockey in 2011 vs the Panthers? After he called the Texans "anti-American" or something? That was awesome.
Old 06-11-2014   #62
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Remember the hit he put on Shockey in 2011 vs the Panthers? After he called the Texans "anti-American" or something? That was awesome.
Not funny
Old 06-11-2014   #63
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95802 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Interesting. If it helps, I'm all for it.

Is there a reason this isn't done more often? The Texans don't seem to have done this a whole lot in their past.
I thought we always used to do this with the Saints leading up to the pre-season game...

Or is this something different? I didn't click the linky...
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #64
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
As long as there are no injuries I'm all for this. Rookies especially will learn more in these practices than against our own guys seeing different players, different systems, different formations etc...
Agreed! 1st thing that crossed my mind was, hmmmmm....competition; 2nd thing: injuries....sometimes these intrasquad practices get "lively"
Old 06-11-2014   #65
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I thought we always used to do this with the Saints leading up to the pre-season game...

Or is this something different? I didn't click the linky...
The difference this time is just that these teams are coming in or we are going there the week of PS games.....several times with the saints it was before that IIRC. It's the second and third weeks of PS.

We've done this with Dallas, Saints, and a couple other teams from time to time. It is interesting that this isn''t more common than it is. It probably rests heavily on coaches decision and scheduling??
Old 06-11-2014   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
link

The Houston Texans will have joint training camp practices with the Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos, the team announced today
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Bill O'Brien on Texans practicing gainst Den/Atl in camp: "We did it when I was in NE & it helped our team. Our players are excited about it"

Bill O'Brien on Texans practicing gainst Den. & Atl during camp: "It helps the competition in training camp. It also breaks up the monotony"
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #67
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95608 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not funny
It wasn't funny it was great.
Old 06-12-2014   #68
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It wasn't funny it was great.
I thought you were being sarcastic about his missed tackle on Shockey that gave up a TD. That was a very bad play by D-Ryans
Old 06-12-2014   #69
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I thought you were being sarcastic about his missed tackle on Shockey that gave up a TD. That was a very bad play by D-Ryans
I was talking about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2LETOgRg78
Old 06-12-2014   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aaah... sweet hit.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read