Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2014   #321
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

Totally missed the Kofi Hughes pick up.

Sounds like a really competitive group.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #322
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm not a fan of underground music and never have been. It has a cool factor which I do not care for.

"Cool factor", 'eh? Can't just be that some folks like chocolate while others like vanilla.

Quote:
Sort of like artistic arrogance just because you call yourself an artist and produce nothing of value or of interest. But then again, i wouldn't have a Picasso in my home if you gave me money to take it. It's JUNK by an artist with an undeserved reputation.

Of course the arrogant artist club will tell each other why I just don't understand. But I do.

There was once a story of an Emperor who was coaxed into believing he was wearing a grand outfit that only the truly intellectually gifted could perceive. But a little boy could see the simple truth that the Emperor was wearing no clothes.

Now don't get me wrong. Some artist are great at what they do. My comments are for those who are not and yet act like they are.
Old 06-06-2014   #323
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Totally missed the Kofi Hughes pick up.

Sounds like a really competitive group.
The guy looks pretty good, now that you mention him.

He must have been caught in the number game with the redskins.
Cody was also a very solid receiver at BYU.
I'm a little curious that neither got drafted.

Perhaps the Redskins were trying to sneak him onto their PS later.
He made quite a few great catches in those clips that I watched.
Seems like he played faster than the 4.52 he ran at his pro day.
Or maybe the DBs were slow?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #324
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a solid build with good hands by the looks of it.

Decent possession guy.
Old 06-06-2014   #325
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The guy looks pretty good, now that you mention him.

He must have been caught in the number game with the redskins.
Cody was also a very solid receiver at BYU.
I'm a little curious that neither got drafted.

Perhaps the Redskins were trying to sneak him onto their PS later.
He made quite a few great catches in those clips that I watched.
Seems like he played faster than the 4.52 he ran at his pro day.
Or maybe the DBs were slow?
Referring to Hughes.......Great hands, but he couldn't catch up to or catch a long ball to save his life. They will probably be trying to see if he works out in the slot.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #326
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Referring to Hughes.......Great hands, but he couldn't catch up to or catch a long ball to save his life. They will probably be trying to see if he works out in the slot.
I don't know Doc; I saw him having to slow down to wait for the ball quite a few times.
And he caught quite a few long balls, too.
But I don't watch him a lot so I really have no idea.

There are a few intriguing options for the Texans; I'm not sure KMart makes the team.
Old 06-06-2014   #327
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know Doc; I saw him having to slow down to wait for the ball quite a few times.
And he caught quite a few long balls, too.
But I don't watch him a lot so I really have no idea.

There are a few intriguing options for the Texans; I'm not sure KMart makes the team.
That's someone that has excelled at no position. I could easily live without him.
Old 06-06-2014   #328
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not a fan of underground music and never have been. It has a cool factor which I do not care for.

Sort of like artistic arrogance just because you call yourself an artist and produce nothing of value or of interest. But then again, i wouldn't have a Picasso in my home if you gave me money to take it. It's JUNK by an artist with an undeserved reputation.

Of course the arrogant artist club will tell each other why I just don't understand. But I do.

There was once a story of an Emperor who was coaxed into believing he was wearing a grand outfit that only the truly intellectually gifted could perceive. But a little boy could see the simple truth that the Emperor was wearing no clothes.

Now don't get me wrong. Some artist are great at what they do. My comments are for those who are not and yet act like they are.

I still have no clue what you're talking about. Apparently we have two different definitions of what underground music is. For me it was music that was played in all the dance clubs that you never heard on the radio.
Old 06-06-2014   #329
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:

But, but, but he now weighs 200lbs!

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 06-07-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2014   #330
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
But, but, but he now ways 200lbs!
If KMart found a way to improve his hands, it would be a mistake to get rid of him.
Old 06-06-2014   #331
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If KMart found a way to improve his hands, it would be a mistake to get rid of him.
I don't see that happening. Sort of like trying to teach a person with 2 left feet how to dance.
Old 06-06-2014   #332
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't see that happening. Sort of like trying to teach a person with 2 left feet how to dance.
I agree, going into year three, you'd think you wouldn't be teaching a receiver how to catch. But... y'never know.
Old 06-07-2014   #333
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably not. But I'm just not mature enough to go along with the crowd and join in the fawning of unworthy "artists".
Translation:
I don't get it so I declare it to be crap.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #334
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82324 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Keyshawn martins problem isn't his hands. Hes afraid of contact. He's the Brice McCain WR version.

Some smallish fast guys are really tough...others aren't.

Martin is a 5th or 6th WR at best on a good team.

All of this IMO of course.

Of course...I never rule out improvement. **** happens. But as if right now, I don't think Martin makes this team. He shouldn't have made it last season. He is not a better player than some if the udfa we had/have.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #335
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Keyshawn martins problem isn't his hands. Hes afraid of contact. He's the Brice McCain WR version.

Some smallish fast guys are really tough...others aren't.

Martin is a 5th or 6th WR at best on a good team.

All of this IMO of course.

Of course...I never rule out improvement. **** happens. But as if right now, I don't think Martin makes this team. He shouldn't have made it last season. He is not a better player than some if the udfa we had/have.
I don't know if he's afraid of contact. He doesn't like to get hit while he's halfway in the air reaching for a ball. Not exactly what you want in a slot receiver, but not uncommon for a receiver at all.

& I'll agree the UDFAs are better when they have a season of going across the middle under their belts.
Old 06-07-2014   #336
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm reevaluating every player on this roster now that Kubiak and Schaub are out the picture for good. I feel every player at least deserves that. Fresh start with everyone healthy let's see what's up.
cstyle42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #337
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I am really excited to see last year's OTA star Allen Bonnar with pads on.
Old 06-07-2014   #338
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you know, a day after posting a comment on the TE's, the Chronicle has a nice piece this morning. (Second time this has happened.) It seems OB is pleased with Graham's off season effort, who's added 18 lbs. With 6'-5" Fiedorowicz at 265 lbs and with 6'-6" Graham now at 254 lbs, and both with soft hands, these two will serve as our blocking ends, as well as being a tall mismatch as a receiving threat; and 6'-3", 243 lb, Griffin will ideally fill the role as the H back/TE, movement, slot, player that we've been hearing OB employs in his offense. Potter will likely be the odd man out - and the others? Training camp fodder.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #339
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

"Cool factor", 'eh? Can't just be that some folks like chocolate while others like vanilla.

Let me tie two threads together with some lyrics from my frontman in the build your band thread .

Quote:
People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down
Old 06-07-2014   #340
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Don't you know, a day after posting a comment on the TE's, the Chronicle has a nice piece this morning. (Second time this has happened.) It seems OB is pleased with Graham's off season effort, who's added 18 lbs. With 6'-5" Fiedorowicz at 265 lbs and with 6'-6" Graham now at 254 lbs, and both with soft hands, these two will serve as our blocking ends, as well as being a tall mismatch as a receiving threat; and 6'-3", 243 lb, Griffin will ideally fill the role as the H back/TE, movement, slot, player that we've been hearing OB employs in his offense. Potter will likely be the odd man out - and the others? Training camp fodder.
Our run game is going to be good.
It has better be.
And that should help open up the passing game some.
I can't wait for the season to start.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read