Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014   #961
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 89275 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I truly hope your marriage is on a much higher scale of importance in your life than being a fan of a professional sports team.
HAHA it is, me and my wife have a great marriage with 3 beautiful kids. It was more of a metaphor
Old 06-03-2014   #962
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
HAHA it is, me and my wife have a great marriage with 3 beautiful kids. It was more of a metaphor
yeah, I know, man, just messin' with ya'.
Old 06-03-2014   #963
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mater semper certa est, pater nunquam.

Old 06-03-2014   #964
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 89275 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

haha no we're both certain of it. i think
Old 06-03-2014   #965
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

tomato always mattress established, patter (of little feet) noncom

you smart guys sure talk funny
Old 06-03-2014   #966
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
tomato always mattress established, patter (of little feet) noncom

you smart guys sure talk funny
haha yeah, we're like the illuminati with hidden messages and symbols everywhere.....shhhhhhh
Old 06-03-2014   #967
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
haha yeah, we're like the illuminati with hidden messages and symbols everywhere.....shhhhhhh
illuminti, is that same thing as shiners?

Back on track. my sources says AJ might not show up for OTAs
Old 06-03-2014   #968
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

Your source is a mother Fing liar

Our perfect cool calm collective do everything right and whats best for the team player would never do such a thing....

And to answer your question, i can not tell you. It is secret society stuff duh
Old 06-03-2014   #969
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Your source is a mother Fing liar

Our perfect cool calm collective do everything right and whats best for the team player would never do such a thing....

And to answer your question, i can not tell you. It is secret society stuff duh
So..AJ does not belong?

I'm thinking he has not bought into the management's efforts to assure him that all is on right track for him to play a part on a winning team.
Old 06-04-2014   #970
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So..AJ does not belong?

I'm thinking he has not bought into the management's efforts to assure him that all is on right track for him to play a part on a winning team.
I think AJ's problem is that regardless of how he plays, AJ knows that this is most likely his last season in Houston. No way Smith pays 14-16 mil for a 33 yr old WR in 2016.

In short AJ's butthurt.
Old 06-04-2014   #971
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I think AJ's problem is that regardless of how he plays, AJ knows that this is most likely his last season in Houston. No way Smith pays 14-16 mil for a 33 yr old WR in 2016.

In short AJ's butthurt.
Travis Johnson was on some show a week ago, said he thinks the Texans are going to ask Andre to restructure, which Andre "definitely" won't do. Tj thinks somehow that makes it easier for the Texans to cut Andre next season.

I think Andre would want to restructure his contract. A signing bonus prorated over the next three/four years would make the Texans less likely to cut Andre.

& less likely to trade him.
Old 06-04-2014   #972
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Travis Johnson was on some show a week ago, said he thinks the Texans are going to ask Andre to restructure, which Andre "definitely" won't do. Tj thinks somehow that makes it easier for the Texans to cut Andre next season.

I think Andre would want to restructure his contract. A signing bonus prorated over the next three/four years would make the Texans less likely to cut Andre.

& less likely to trade him.
I hope I'm wrong. But I'm afraid that behind the curtain, with the increased passing of time, there is bad blood developing on the part of both sides.
Old 06-04-2014   #973
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hope I'm wrong. But I'm afraid that behind the curtain, with the increased passing of time, there is bad blood developing on the part of both sides.
Agreed, but what do people expect they need to realize Andre is now 33 years old, having some injury history, doesn't take the top off of defenses like he used to do.

Spending 10+ million a year on aging receiver, when the draft is stocked full of up and coming receivers.. Everyone wants to do right by Andre that's fine, but if you want to win and you want to win shortly.. then dumping Andre might be the right thing..

For the team, or for Andre? You are the head coach what do you choose?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 06-04-2014   #974
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Agreed, but what do people expect they need to realize Andre is now 33 years old, having some injury history, doesn't take the top off of defenses like he used to do.

Spending 10+ million a year on aging receiver, when the draft is stocked full of up and coming receivers.. Everyone wants to do right by Andre that's fine, but if you want to win and you want to win shortly.. then dumping Andre might be the right thing..

Just off the top of my head here, but...
If I'm the coach, I concentrate on coaching -up the guys that are showing up. I get them as game ready as possible, and let Andre make or break himself. I stay above the fray, if I can. When the season gets here, if Andre has come into camp, is game ready, and has competed for and won his position, He starts. If he either hasn't shown up for camp, or for any other reason is not game ready, He sits until I, the coach thinks he is game ready. If i'm the coach, I play the folks that are there and that I'm sure are not behind. Period. But then again, I'm no NFL coach with a multi-time pro-bowler who is having difficulty adjusting either...
Old 06-04-2014   #975
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Back off track...

No, no, no. There's "Modelo Especial", "Modelo Negro", and now "Modelo Illuminti" is coming out this spring.

It's supposed to be like an IPA or something. They say it really will make you smarter and more attractive unlike the first two that just make you think you are. Sadly it's effect on the opposite sex is still an illusion but they're working on it.
Old 06-04-2014   #976
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

I think McNair will complete AJ's contract as long as he is playing well. I'm confident McNair wants to start placing jerseys in NRG stadium & AJ should lead that. 1400-1500 yds and an interesting team keeps the $ coming. If they are willing to pay $10m in 2014 his deal only increases a million over '15 & '16 so if his stats/play is good...
Old 06-04-2014   #977
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great Post

For me the team always comes 1st.
Old 06-04-2014   #978
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Ok since i am hearing a lot of BS about what people think should be done with AJ heres my thoughts.

Lets put him on IR move him to the practice squad where wins and losses dont matter. Let him cool off a bit and take it easy and then see if he wants to attend OTAs next off season.

BOOM who is the best internet GM in my house, ME.
Old 06-04-2014   #979
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

What good what it do if he does show up in camp? Seriously?

The cat's out of the bag, or the genie's out of the bottle, whatever you want to call it. He has made it clearly known that he doesn't want be here anymore, and he has clearly stated the reasons why. Whether you sympathize with him, or not, is beside the point. Do any of you actually think that if he does show up, his mindset to begin with, is magically going to change? Will that cloud lift?

Some say, "Well, if he doesn't show up for mandatory OTAs, then he will force their hand." Your kidding yourselves if you think the hand hasn't already been forced.
Old 06-04-2014   #980
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What good what it do if he does show up in camp? Seriously?

The cat's out of the bag, or the genie's out of the bottle, whatever you want to call it. He has made it clearly known that he doesn't want be here anymore, and he has clearly stated the reasons why. Whether you sympathize with him, or not, is beside the point. Do any of you actually think that if he does show up, his mindset to begin with, is magically going to change? Will that cloud lift?

Some say, "Well, if he doesn't show up for mandatory OTAs, then he will force their hand." Your kidding yourselves if you think the hand hasn't already been forced.
Trade him to the RAIDERS lol..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read