Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What grad would you give our draft?
A 102 64.56%
B 45 28.48%
C 8 5.06%
D 1 0.63%
F 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2014   #141
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

I clicked on that before actually reading it. I really should get out of that habit.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #142
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 36695 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Draft: Did The Texans Take A Step To Building A Winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Brandy new join date. First post linking to a website, assuming yours?

Is this just a hit generator for your website?

Just axin'...
TheFantasyGreek feels better about the Texans draft after reading what he wrote on his own website. Brillant!!!
Old 05-29-2014   #143
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I clicked on that before actually reading it. I really should get out of that habit.
What kills me is that I clicked it KNOWING it was a video of John McClain.

If it had been a surprise, I could have at least acted outraged. But. No. I clicked into that with my eyes open, so to speak.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Are you talking about a different video?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #144
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
EDIT: Oh, wait. Are you talking about a different video?
Don't click on this link.

http://thefantasygreek.com/Not_A_Real_Link

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #145
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Rival coach: Texans handled draft right

Quote:
“They did the right thing,” one rival NFL head coach said during the offseason. "Any of those quarterbacks would have been a reach at No. 1. This kid [Clowney] has the ability to have a Jevon Kearse-type rookie year getting after the quarterback."

Kearse had 14 1/2 sacks as a rookie for the Tennessee Titans in 1999. Never mind that Kearse never again had that many sacks in an NFL season. Clowney can worry about his encore performance once his rookie year is done. He is well positioned to be a top pass rusher from the moment he steps on the field to open the 2014 season.

He has a unique combination of size, power and speed. He received pre-draft criticism from some analysts for, they said, not being consistent and not being fundamentally sound in all of his techniques. But some of those criticisms perhaps were overstated, with Clowney under intense scrutiny as the player who almost certainly would have been the top overall pick in the 2013 draft if he had been available.
Old 07-23-2014   #146
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

In retrospect I do believe Clowney was the right move at 1-1, but I still think that our coaching staff underestimated Bridgewater and should have moved up a bit to snatch him at 1-32.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #147
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
They did the right thing, one rival NFL head coach said during the offseason. "Any of those quarterbacks would have been a reach at No. 1.
Agreed, but what about @ 31?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read