Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2014   #261
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Weren't Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, and Warren Moon undrafted?
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #262
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you know that in 2013, 31% of players on NFL rosters were undrafted?
Old 05-28-2014   #263
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Do you know that the Sea hawks had 21 players on last year SB roster who began their career as UDFA?
Old 05-28-2014   #264
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Jim Hart went to the Pro Bowl 4 times.
Dave Krieg 3
Old 05-28-2014   #265
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Do you know that the Sea hawks had 21 players on last year SB roster who began their career as UDFA?
That is pretty impressive to say the least, that is one advantage i see in hiring an ex NCAA coach as a head coach. They have been there and seen it, you cant fully judge someone by their college stats.

I am hoping for the same results from BOB, thats why i like this Savage pick. I think he knows if he had played a full college career he would of been first round talent.
Old 05-28-2014   #266
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Now if the Texans had drafted a QB in the first round or early second round, I can see time spent on developing that guy, but they didn't.
Old 05-28-2014   #267
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
That is pretty impressive to say the least, that is one advantage i see in hiring an ex NCAA coach as a head coach. They have been there and seen it, you cant fully judge someone by their college stats.

I am hoping for the same results from BOB, thats why i like this Savage pick. I think he knows if he had played a full college career he would of been first round talent.
I like Savage potential.
We'll see what OB can do with it.
I'd rather not see the Texans draft another QB for a while.
Unless they tank again , LOL!
Old 05-28-2014   #268
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Johnson was a better HC as a rookie than Kubiak was after 8 yrs. IMHO (Johnson was a GOAT type HC)
But Johnson only won one game as a rookie HC. Kubiak won 6 with as little talent as JJ had & a QB that eventually busted out of the league. Johnson had a HOF'r pulling the trigger, a HOF WR & no salary cap.
Old 05-28-2014   #269
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I love ya 76, but i think it's you who's missing the point.
I think you're arguing different points. You're saying it doesn't happen a lot. 76 is saying if it happens this time.

Quote:
Did Kurt Warner have premium talents?
Why was that every team miss on him?
Every team? How many teams gave Warner a shot? Far as I know, only one. He took it & kicked some butt. Had he went 0-8 that first season, the Rams would have moved on to 8th rounder Trent Green, maybe 6th rounder Marc Bulger, or some equally talented never was.

Too many talented QBs come into the league every year, with only 32 starting jobs, to "waste" too much time on someone who "most likely" won't amount to much.

I do agree with you though, if we're having to choose between Case & a first rounder, let's go with the first rounder. But since we're not... why not go with Case?

& as futile as it looked, with Mr. Keenum under center in the second half, I can't think of any reason for anyone to "root" for Fitzpatrick other than pure Case Hate.
Old 05-28-2014   #270
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you know that in 2013, 31% of players on NFL rosters were undrafted?
Did you know that you could save 15% on insurance.....
Old 05-28-2014   #271
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

ok.
so Keenum is on his way to the HOF again?
Just checkin'
Old 05-28-2014   #272
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
ok.

so Keenum is on his way to the HOF again?

Just checkin'

Someone has to sweep the floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #273
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I think you're missing the point.
The point is that Aikman was a young QB and most of them need time to develop.

Some people uses the fact the Keenum was 0- fer
Well then so was Aikman; actually, he was worse.

Whether they develop or not is a different matter.

The cowboys spent their next year first on Walsh in the supplementary draft because Walsh was Johnsons guy in Miami.
That was also a high price.
And the fact that Walsh won a game and had better numbers than Aikman playing on the same team further shows that numbers of wins alone don't mean anything.

Johnson only became convinced of Aikman in his second year and traded Walsh away.
Or maybe he was forced by Jerry.

On the other hand, Bledsoe, despite being a first round pick, basically lost his job to a 6th rounder.

It works both ways.
Just a matter of which guy becomes a better pro.
You could see the Aikman had the tools, Keenum was struggling and he couldn't find a way to score a single touchdown in some of those games. There have been a few QB's that have beat the odds, but if you really throw the odds out there that over the last 20 years each team has probably had 2-3 QB's on the roster, and the % of them that are great, it's a very low chance.

Case is pretty much done IMHO, let's move on right now I find it hard not to like a big QB with a ridiculous arm that can actually throw an out route with me having a heart attack. Tom is big, strong, and it will be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #274
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What was Bradys trait, May I Ask?
The ability to find the open receiver. He was a natural at scoping the field on any play and finding a guy that was open that he could throw the ball to. In those first two SB runs, Brady would constantly have games where he threw to like 7 to 9 guys. He had so many barely above average receivers back then. He managed to move the chains on 3rd downs a lot and performed well in the clutch.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #275
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& as futile as it looked, with Mr. Keenum under center in the second half, I can't think of any reason for anyone to "root" for Fitzpatrick other than pure Case Hate.
Yeah, that's really the heart of it. It'd be one thing to root for our shiny new high round draft pick over Case Keenum. But you've got a collection of nobodies. May as well root for the guy who showed a little promise last year, while recognizing that you want the best man to win, regardless of who it is. A few posters on here just want Case to fail and go away, no matter who starts.
Old 05-28-2014   #276
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
You could see the Aikman had the tools, Keenum was struggling and he couldn't find a way to score a single touchdown in some of those games. There have been a few QB's that have beat the odds, but if you really throw the odds out there that over the last 20 years each team has probably had 2-3 QB's on the roster, and the % of them that are great, it's a very low chance.

Case is pretty much done IMHO, let's move on right now I find it hard not to like a big QB with a ridiculous arm that can actually throw an out route with me having a heart attack. Tom is big, strong, and it will be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt.
S,
Did you watch his game vs UNC and Fla. St.
Savage isn't ready.
He will need to learn to read defenses first.
All the things that everybody complaints about Keenum and Schaub was there.
Savage got sacked repeatedly on overload BJ kites or miss the free Blitzer often.
INT (including at least a pick six that I remember) resulted from his inability to read defenses.

How is he going to be ready for NFL defenses in his first year.
Give the guy some time to develop and hope that the light comes on in his head.

TK,
Warner went undrafted.
The Packers gave him a try out but cut him before TC.
He played 3 years in the Arena League before making it to the NFL.
Old 05-28-2014   #277
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
You could see the Aikman had the tools, Keenum was struggling and he couldn't find a way to score a single touchdown in some of those games.
FYI, Aikman didn't score a single touchdown in 6 of his games as a rookie, 5 games as a second year starter, & 4 games his third year.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

Old 05-28-2014   #278
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The ability to find the open receiver. He was a natural at scoping the field on any play and finding a guy that was open that he could throw the ball to. In those first two SB runs, Brady would constantly have games where he threw to like 7 to 9 guys. He had so many barely above average receivers back then. He managed to move the chains on 3rd downs a lot and performed well in the clutch.
And what were the reasons for him to last until the sixth? May I ask?

According to a book quoted by Wikipedia, the Pats were considering him and Tim Rattay (who went in the 7th) before settling on him as a developmental project.
Old 05-28-2014   #279
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
FYI, Aikman didn't score a single touchdown in 6 of his games as a rookie, 5 games as a second year starter, & 4 games his third year.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

Actually Aikman went scoreless in 6 games his first two years.
He went scoreless in 4 games the next 2 years.
He went scoreless in 3 games his 5th year.
4 games his 6th year
5 games his 7th year
7 games his 8th year.

On the other hand, Keenum did have a rushing TD in one of the games he didn't throw for one.

But what is the big deal with all the numbers?

I had liked for Hopkins to do what he was drafted for.
He could have helped Case by reeling in two TDS in the end zone the way he's supposed to.
And for a guy with such big hands that everybody says he can catch any ball near him, Hopkins dropped too many damn balls.
But he has the tools so he gets a pass.
Old 05-28-2014   #280
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
But he has the tools so he gets a pass.
Now you're catching on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read