Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-03-2014   #341
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
Quote:
Ponder is now set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2014 season.

Source tells @FOXSports1 that @Vikings declined to pick up 5th-year contract option on QB Christian Ponder #asexpected #nosurprise

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #342
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Quote:
Villanueva's one of those guys you could imagine becoming president some day. Fascinating guy to talk to.

Eagles have signed US Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva to a contract. He'll play DE. I did a story on him last month: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-one-last-shot
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Eagles sign US Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva, who served last four years as active member of US Army, including 3 tours in Afghanistan.
Old 05-06-2014   #343
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

So I carpooled in with a lady and we talk football and the discussion turns to David Carr and I said I hope this draft pick goes better than that one because he wasn't very good. She took exception and said the team ruined him. I agreed but added that Carr didn't put in the hours studying film to get better. His own teammates said that. She said he was a family man and should be with his family. I said there are other QB's that are family men, but they put in extra time to be great. She said some people just don't like him because he was religious. I said Tebow was an awful because he was just wasn't good enough not because he was religious. She really didn't like that. Good lord. Carr and Tebow apologists are the worst.
Old 05-06-2014   #344
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
So I carpooled in with a lady and we talk football and the discussion turns to David Carr and I said I hope this draft pick goes better than that one because he wasn't very good. She took exception and said the team ruined him. I agreed but added that Carr didn't put in the hours studying film to get better. His own teammates said that. She said he was a family man and should be with his family. I said there are other QB's that are family men, but they put in extra time to be great. She said some people just don't like him because he was religious. I said Tebow was an awful because he was just wasn't good enough not because he was religious. She really didn't like that. Good lord. Carr and Tebow apologists are the worst.
soooo how far did you have to walk to finally get to work?

I have learned to never dis David Carr in front of any of his female fans.
It will not end well.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #345
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
soooo how far did you have to walk to finally get to work?

I have learned to never dis David Carr in front of any of his female fans.
It will not end well.
I picked her up at the park and ride. She was an older woman around 50's or older. But she also had that old lady smell that I hate. So for that reason alone I won't give her a lift anymore more than because she's a FanGram of Carr/Tebow.
Old 05-06-2014   #346
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

ProBowler DT Marcell Dareus, after Bills extended his 5th year option last week was arrested last night for felony possession of controlled substance (supposedly synthetic marijuana-i.e., "spice") and felony possession of drug paraphernalia.........Add speeding to that, the reason he was pulled over to begin with........dumb ass.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #347
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
ProBowler DT Marcell Dareus, after Bills extended his 5th year option last week was arrested last night for felony possession of controlled substance (supposedly synthetic marijuana-i.e., "spice") and felony possession of drug paraphernalia...
Spice is akin to the junk weed they used to sell us kids in the 1970s that was sprayed with PCP. Dude, pony up for some real non-habit-forming marijuana. If not, just spray some weed killer into your mouth.
Old 05-07-2014   #348
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm. Weed or weed-killer. I can't decide.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014   #349
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Packers signed former Oregon TE Colt Lyerla.
Old 05-20-2014   #350
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
NFL owners tabled discussions about expanded playoff system until fall meeting Oct. 7-8.
Old 05-20-2014   #351
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
NFL owners tabled discussions about expanded playoff system until fall meeting Oct. 7-8.
No need to mess with what's working just fine.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #352
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
No need to mess with what's working just fine.
...unless they think they can make a couple of extra bucks.
Old 05-20-2014   #353
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Super Bowl LII goes to Minnesota.
Old 05-20-2014   #354
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
...unless they think they can make a couple of extra bucks.
By giving us what we want.

It must suck that everything you do to make your fans happy seems like a big money grab.

I want more play off games. I want an 18 game schedule (since I'm paying full price for four preseason games).

Damn that NFL, Damn you Goodell.
Old 05-20-2014   #355
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

It must suck that everything you do to make your fans happy seems like a big money grab.

I want more play off games. I want an 18 game schedule (since I'm paying full price for four preseason games).

steelb's auto correct will take care of your gaff.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #356
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we won't need to worry any time soon about Bortles........Jags plan to sit him this year......and go with Henne.
Old 05-21-2014   #357
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Looks like we won't need to worry any time soon about Bortles........Jags plan to sit him this year......and go with Henne.
I honestly can't see the day that I'll be worried about Blake Bortles.
Old 05-21-2014   #358
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Jags handle Bortles correctly then I'm afraid he will be a very good NFL QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #359
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

not what I want, what you want.

The 16 game schedule is just fine, thankyouverymuch.
Now I do not think preseason games should cost as much as regular season games... no way. Not even close to the same quality of play.

And the current playoff set up is just fine too. The more teams that are allowed into the tourney the more it starts to feel like "everybody gets a trophy". But that's probably just me.

I don't see where either change will make the quality of play any better.
Old 05-21-2014   #360
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
not what I want, what you want.

The 16 game schedule is just fine, thankyouverymuch.
Now I do not think preseason games should cost as much as regular season games... no way. Not even close to the same quality of play.

And the current playoff set up is just fine too. The more teams that are allowed into the tourney the more it starts to feel like "everybody gets a trophy". But that's probably just me.I don't see where either change will make the quality of play any better.
And by the end of the season and into the playoffs, the more star players will be on the sidelines on crutches, while you look at the game card line ups wondering "Who Dat?"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read