Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-16-2014   #101
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

A Star Player Accused, and a Flawed Rape Investigation
Quote:
Tallahassee, Fla. — Early on the morning of Dec. 7, 2012, a freshman at Florida State University reported that she had been raped by a stranger somewhere off campus after a night of drinking at a popular Tallahassee bar called Potbelly’s.

As she gave her account to the police, several bruises began to appear, indicating recent trauma. Tests would later find semen on her underwear.

For nearly a year, the events of that evening remained a well-kept secret until the woman’s allegations burst into the open, roiling the university and threatening a prized asset: Jameis Winston, one of the marquee names of college football...
Some disturbing questions raised in this in depth piece.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #102
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard part of a comment on radio tonight that police really botched the investigation and it is not over.
Old 05-12-2014   #103
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Link

Quote:
His father, Antonor Winston, told USA Today he's working with the university on how to best manage the attention around his son and would like some form of security and supervision around his son at all times moving forward.

"He's supposed to have somebody around him 24/7," Antonor Winston told USA Today. "He's a Heisman Trophy winner so (he's) definitely not supposed to be by (himself)."

Antonor Winston said the latest incident has made it clear to his son that the spotlight on him is growing only larger, and he hopes it alerts FSU that additional attention is needed.

"We hope so," Antonor Winston said. "Not only him. I think it should show the university and us, I think we probably kind of dropped the ball on that a little bit."
Seriously? I'm starting to dislike this kid. His father basically blames the university for not providing the kid a 24/7 babysitter? How coddled is he? If his father is telling him that these incidents are the university's fault, who is going to stand up and teach the kid a lesson? It's no wonder he keeps getting himself into these little incidents.

If I am Jimbo, I sit him and his father down and I tell him that I will not provide a 24/7 babysitter and that he needs to learn to take responsibility for his own actions. I tell him that FSU strives to teach life lessons and mature its players and that a 24/7 babysitter does the exact opposite. I would even suspend him for a game or two to make the point clear.

If we have to succumb to 24/7 babysitting, I would rather him just leave the team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #104
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Link

Seriously? I'm starting to dislike this kid. His father basically blames the university for not providing the kid a 24/7 babysitter? How coddled is he? If his father is telling him that these incidents are the university's fault, who is going to stand up and teach the kid a lesson? It's no wonder he keeps getting himself into these little incidents.

If I am Jimbo, I sit him and his father down and I tell him that I will not provide a 24/7 babysitter and that he needs to learn to take responsibility for his own actions. I tell him that FSU strives to teach life lessons and mature its players and that a 24/7 babysitter does the exact opposite. I would even suspend him for a game or two to make the point clear.

If we have to succumb to 24/7 babysitting, I would rather him just leave the team.
Preach on brother. Preach on!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #105
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
A Star Player Accused, and a Flawed Rape Investigation

Some disturbing questions raised in this in depth piece.
342 days to acquire his DNA .... and then on Nov14th they finally do get a DNA sample and it matches what was found on the accusers clothes.

Dismissed the case because the complainant was "uncooperative" yet she is still perusing the case.

Maybe her lack of cooperation was in not just going away.

EDIT:

Just wanted to add , more often than not "sexual offenders" don't have just one incident , they have many over a long period of time.
Winston already has at least one other incident .... how many people does he get to hurt on account of a game ....how many victims before the authorities take it seriously ?! How many victims are in his past ??

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 05-12-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #106
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Link

What a joke!!! I bet he doesn't make it through the season.
Old 05-12-2014   #107
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117593 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame, the guy has loads of talent. Hope he matures up quickly and can keep it on the DL during this offseason and onwards. He needs only to look at Manziel to see how a bad offseason can impact your stock and perception.
Old 05-12-2014   #108
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
It's a shame, the guy has loads of talent. Hope he matures up quickly and can keep it on the DL during this offseason and onwards. He needs only to look at Manziel to see how a bad offseason can impact your stock and perception.
I would say he has already had a very bad offseason. Way worse than the bad one Manziel had.
Old 05-12-2014   #109
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117593 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would say he has already had a very bad offseason. Way worse than the bad one Manziel had.
Be that as it may, Manziel got more bad press for his bad offseason, I think.
Old 05-12-2014   #110
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this guy was the savoir of the 2015 draft class? I assumed we would wait until December to start ripping these QB prospects apart.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #111
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I thought this guy was the savoir of the 2015 draft class? I assumed we would wait until December to start ripping these QB prospects apart.
Why would we ignore possible issues especially those that could lead to prison? Perhaps you were being sarcastic? Besides, what else do we have to discuss?
Old 05-13-2014   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
After what we just went through & the fact that we didn't draft our QB of the future, I think it's best we start early.
Old 05-13-2014   #113
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Be that as it may, Manziel got more bad press for his bad offseason, I think.
He didn't have the police & DA's office to cover for him. Manziel did typical college kid sh!t , not sh!t that leads to the cross bar hotel.

What's sad is that even with all these red flags , some team will probably draft him in the top of the 1st round ....

What's unthinkable is that he's free to victimize someone else ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #114
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
everyone keeps crowning Mariota, just wait til they realize how raw of a pro prospect he really is.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #115
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
After what we just went through & the fact that we didn't draft our QB of the future, I think it's best we start early.
With the first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select: Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon.

If it weren't for BAD Luck there would be no luck at all, the Houston Texans win 4 games, pick 4th and miss out on Mariota and Winston.

How's that?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #116
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
With the first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select: Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon.

If it weren't for BAD Luck there would be no luck at all, the Houston Texans win 4 games, pick 4th and miss out on Mariota and Winston.

How's that?
McNair ain't taking Winston. He wants choir boys, not probable rapists.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #117
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How's that?
Missing out on those guys does not really bother me. Hundley will be the best pro out of the three.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #118
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair would cut off his own arm before he would draft Winston. And thank god for that. I would find it very hard to cheer for a PoS like him.
Old 05-13-2014   #119
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Missing out on those guys does not really bother me. Hundley will be the best pro out of the three.
Hundley is going to need to step it up if that is going to be the case. Right now his production and stats are trailing Petty, Winston and Mariota and Hundley may be the most raw of the collective bunch.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/individual/8
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #120
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hundley is going to need to step it up if that is going to be the case. Right now his production and stats are trailing Petty, Winston and Mariota and Hundley may be the most raw of the collective bunch.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/individual/8
You are better than this, Texian. You know not to be a boxscore watcher.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read