Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-10-2014   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Flynn had 1 good game and cost $26/3, obviously they cut him though.
This will probably work against Mallet in negotiating from his position.
Old 03-10-2014   #22
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am not disputing that at all. What I am saying is I see no reason the structure, not the absolute dollar number, cannot be similar - around half of what a top 10 QB makes structured such that there is minimal impact in dead money to cut after 2 years, i.e. the signing bonus for a similar sized contract for an established QB divided into a signing bonus and a roster bonus in year 3 or something to achieve a similar result.
Fair enough. Quite possible. We will see. I'll be hoping we don't though (see that is).
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
This right here I would be down with no doubt. People think I hate Ryan Mallett because I don't want to give up a 2nd for the guy. Whatever. I'm NOT down to give up the #33 overall pick for a guy that hasn't done anything and is gonna demand starting QB money.

He hasn't impressed in preseason in 3 years and in regular season is 1/4 with 17 passing yards and an INT with -9 rushing yards in 3 years and was 'just OK' at his Pro Day THIS year. 4th rounders though? I can get down to this dance, we blow those all the time anyways.
As you said yourself, he hasn't done anything in three seasons. He's seen the field in four games, thrown four passes, completed one and thrown one pick. I don't see how he can "demand" anything. According to SpotRac he's not even making a million if he stays with the Pats this year. I don't see him getting any kind of big contract.

I'm totally with you on not giving up a 2nd for this guy. ...maybe not even a 3rd.

He just reminds me too much of Dan Orlovsky. Don't ask me why. He just does.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another article basically giving to evidence to season of BS

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...luation-season
Old 04-17-2014   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Attacks on Clowney Stink of Draft Propaganda
Quote:
1. All the lying

One scout called this time of year in the NFL "The Bulls--- Season." And there is lots of it. So, so much. The lying about prospects. The lying by prospects, their agents, teams, scouts and coaches.

A good example of this happened recently due to a garbage story on NJ.com in which an NFC personnel man called Jadeveon Clowney "spoiled" and "lazy," among other things.

I've covered more than 20 drafts, and there's always at least one story like this. Some scout saying some negative thing about some prospect.

Sometimes that belief is sincere. I've used anonymous personnel quotes. In fact, just recently, a scout told me the decision by Clowney to skip team private workouts was "gutless." That's the word he used. Gutless.

Now, I think calling Clowney's decision gutless is stupid, but that, to me, is within the parameters of legitimate criticism. After all, the scout wasn't calling Clowney gutless. (Clowney's agent Bus Cook told USA Today that Clowney might do one more workout, for one team, with no heavy lifting. Thus, basically, Clowney isn't working out.)

But there are certain things that cross the line, and calling Clowney lazy is one of them. Particularly for the reason these quotes were given.

The line is fine. I get that. But spoiled and lazy are personal attacks. And that is the crux of The Bulls--- Season. The more personal and believable, the better chance the crap will be repeated in the media.

The lazy and spoiled comments were likely said in order to knock down Clowney's stock. Most fans don't realize this is extremely common. It happens numerous times each draft. The idea is to say negative things in the media about a prospect and hope some sucker team actually falls for the hokum, and occasionally, some dumb team does.

The history of this is long. Scouts interviewed for this story gave some notable examples...

So when you read all of the draft rumors, just remember what season it is.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A good example of this happened recently due to a garbage story on NJ.com in which an NFC personnel man called Jadeveon Clowney "spoiled" and "lazy," among other things.
The first thing I thought of when this came out was someone really wants Clowney.

When a professional personnel man won't reveal himself and goes chickenshit (IMO) anonymous with his opinions, he's either hiding his name so his team doesn't take a reputation hit when they try to draft the player, or, the writer is making crap up so they can get talked about.

I usually do not follow much draft talk because it's all bullshit and opinions. I tend to follow the off-seasons when the Texans have the 1.1 pick, because anything is possible. In 2002, we were just excited to have football back in H-town. In 2006, the excitement still existed, and all the VY/RB hype was entertaining. This year, however, feels like a huge drag. I'm ready for the draft to be over so we can talk about things we will know at that point instead of all the hype, misdirection, speculation, and butthurt feelings over disagreements.
Old 04-28-2014   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks
Quote:
Week before the draft, expect these stories--high profile player-low test score, failed drug tests, poor private workout, terrible visit.

I fully expect some crazy draft rumors to take off in the next few days.
Old 04-28-2014   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be so glad when the draft is over and we have a better idea of what's actually going on. There's always a bunch of bull$hit rumors, and now, we are getting stories from the press about how rumors are manufactured.

At this point, the only way to get any more bull$hit is to crawl up the bulls ass.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Great stuff from Gabriel...

Let the Games Begin: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started
Quote:
From the time the combine ends until draft day there is far more misinformation than truth spread throughout the league...
So what have we learned? What lies were told?
Old 05-12-2014   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well we do know that Savage was either 1.A or 1.B on BOB's QB list.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Jaguars are not to be trusted ever again. They're that girl who goes out and secures a new boyfriend behind your back before she breaks up with you.

Texans burned all of their truth tickets this year and will need to be liars next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read