Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Jeoffrey Pagan at 6.177
Up 31 86.11%
Down 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2014   #21
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 6.177: Jeoffrey Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Another defensive end? He gets a C from me.
Another? Clowney is going to play OLB. Pagan is also a mammoth DE that fits Crennel's 3-4 defense.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #22
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Well I know Marshall won't like him.
Old 05-10-2014   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the pick. He's a true 3-4 DE and a great scheme fit. Not a lot of production in college because he was busy occupying blockers in Bama's front. He has great athletic upside though.

6-3, 310 lbs and he runs a sub-5.0 forty. He's also just 20 years old. He's the first Bama DL since Dareus that I thought had real potential at the next level. I do think he's a bit of a project though and will need some seasoning. I see Crick as our other starting DE for the next 2 years with Pagan working in rotation.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I like the pick. He's a true 3-4 DE and a great scheme fit. Not a lot of production in college because he was busy occupying blockers in Bama's front. He has great athletic upside though.

6-3, 310 lbs and he runs a sub-5.0 forty. He's also just 20 years old. He's the first Bama DL since Dareus that I thought had real potential at the next level. I do think he's a bit of a project though and will need some seasoning. I see Crick as our other starting DE for the next 2 years with Pagan working in rotation.
So how are we going to be able to "grade" these guys? The stat sheet won't show them "producing" much. Is it enough that they stay on their feet?
Old 05-10-2014   #25
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So how are we going to be able to "grade" these guys? The stat sheet won't show them "producing" much. Is it enough that they stay on their feet?
Richard Seymour is the measuring stick all Romeo Crennel DL are measured by.
Old 05-10-2014   #26
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It really depends on how Crennel is going to utilize the D-Line. If it's true that we will be very multiple and play a ton of nickel sub-packages then these guys will have every opportunity to make plays.

With that said, a guy like Watt doesn't need to ever be occupying blockers. If Crennel has him doing that then there is a serious problem in his plan. With athletes like Watt, Nix, and Pagan up front we need to be doing more than just staying on our feet and keeping guys clean.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 05-10-2014   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If they don't allow room for QBS to step up in the pocket; they do the job for me.
If they don't allow push to give the opponents a first down on third and short; they do the job for me.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Another defensive end? He gets a C from me.
Another? Right now, we've got

Crick - Nix - Watt

Pagan is probably going to take over that spot from Crick.

damn. We're going to be a YOUNG team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me Pagan is a rotational DE that won't offer much in the passing game but is stout and tough and wont' be moved off the LOS easily. I gave him a C+ in the grade thread. He's a body that I hope Kolar and RAC can do something with.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 05-11-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #30
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 6.177: Jeoffrey Pagan DT-DE

I like the player and the pick, but I'll always remember him as the guy I saw Manziel shrug off in the Alabama game before tossing it up for Ed Pope.

Good value at this position and I think he suits Crennel's system perfectly. Should see time rotating w/ Crick I imagine?
Old 05-11-2014   #31
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Another? Right now, we've got

Crick - Nix - Watt

Pagan is probably going to take over that spot from Crick.

damn. We're going to be a YOUNG team.
I do think Crick will start this year. JMO, but I think Rick and Bob decided to pass on an early DE because of what we already had invested in Crick. They will give him a shot this year. Pagan is a very young guy with a ton of potential who can come in and compete, but is probably not ready to start for another year or two. I do love his upside though. I think our front looks like this...

Base
DE - Watt / Jamison
NT - Nix / Powe
DE - Crick / Pagan

Nickel
DE - Mercilus
DT - Watt
DT - Crick
DE - Clowney

- The Immortal Bo
Old 05-11-2014   #32
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do think Crick will start this year. JMO, but I think Rick and Bob decided to pass on an early DE because of what we already had invested in Crick. They will give him a shot this year. Pagan is a very young guy with a ton of potential who can come in and compete, but is probably not ready to start for another year or two. I do love his upside though. I think our front looks like this...

Base
DE - Watt / Jamison
NT - Nix / Powe
DE - Crick / Pagan

Nickel
DE - Mercilus
DT - Watt
DT - Crick
DE - Clowney
If they're smart, they won't put Pagan at LDE. He suffered his shoulder dislocation/labrum tear on the left side.........while he was playing at LDE. That left shoulder will be continually stressed/challenged as he attempts to prevent players coming around the left on the outside. I believe the Texans will plant him on the right......at least for this year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If they're smart, they won't put Pagan at LDE. He suffered his shoulder dislocation/labrum tear on the left side.........while he was playing at LDE. That left shoulder will be continually stressed/challenged as he attempts to prevent players coming around the left on the outside. I believe the Texans will plant him on the right......at least for this year.
I just saw tape of Greg Robinson planting Pagan. So he was playing RDE then.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My concern is we do not appear to have a LB to cover. We will be good at stopping run especially in middle but our DBs better step it up.
Old 05-14-2014   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
LSU coach Les Miles on DE Jeff Pagan (from Alabama) Texans 6-th round pick: "He's a guy that will work hard, plays with great technique."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #36
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Btw for those that don't know, Pagan burned a 4.7 forty at 270 lbs when he was in high school. Unfortunately, he shredded his knee his senior year and then dealt with other injuries while at Bama.

He's still only 20 years old (turns 21 in June) and it will be interesting to see how he progresses if he can stay healthy. Sadly, I doubt he ever regains the athletic ability that he possessed pre-knee injury.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 05-14-2014   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Btw for those that don't know, Pagan burned a 4.7 forty at 270 lbs when he was in high school. Unfortunately, he shredded his knee his senior year and then dealt with other injuries while at Bama.

He's still only 20 years old (turns 21 in June) and it will be interesting to see how he progresses if he can stay healthy. Sadly, I doubt he ever regains the athletic ability that he possessed pre-knee injury.
Too often the fate of many 'Bama players.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn

Quote:
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 6m
Report: Mother of #Texans rookie Jeoffrey Pagan charged with voluntary manslaughter in North Carolina http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...er/#26333101=0 … #NFL #Redskins
Quote:
Sheryl Pagan Todd dialed 911 after the fatal shooting last Friday afternoon at her mother’s home on Bartlett Street, according to a search warrant on file at the Buncombe County Courthouse.

Todd, 56, told a dispatcher “that her mother’s boyfriend attacked her and that she accidentally shot him,” according to the warrant.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...er/#26333101=0
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

What a bummer for Jeoffrey. Has to be hard knowing your Mom's under indictment and you trying to be at your peak for the NFL...
Quote:
A day after the shooting, the Houston Texans announced Jeoffrey Pagan, 21, had made the team after the final round of roster cuts before the start of the NFL regular season.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that's rough.

Simultaneously one of the best and worst weeks of your life.

That sucks.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read