Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What grad would you give our draft?
A 102 64.56%
B 45 28.48%
C 8 5.06%
D 1 0.63%
F 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2014   #81
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Very solid draft, I am real happy with it. One glaring concern though, we didn't draft any OL, so are we rolling with Newton next season?
No OL? We drafted Su'a-Filo in the 2nd round. Perhaps you meant OT? I think we have an open competition at RT between Newton and 2 of our O-Line picks last year (David Quessenberry and Brennan Williams). I would be surprised if Newton wins that competition.

LT - Brown
LG - Su'a-Filo
C - Myers
RG - Brooks
RT - Quess / Williams / Newton

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #82
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Short and sweet reply from a non coaching guy. The only player I heard of was Clowney (duh) but I did read up on the selected players and prior mocks. I also learn and continue to read board posts and threads daily if not yearly here. If the player improves and fills a need then it's easy to grade the selection. Time will tell if the grade stays true on the field.

1.1 Clowney A
Defintiely improves defense needs

2.1 Su'a-Filo A
Definitely improves offensive line needs

3.1 Fiedorowicz A
Definitely improves TE needs

3.19 Nix A
Definitely improves defensive line needs

4.35 Savage A
Fills depth and competition as appears Fitz is 2015 starter (for non believers I suggest at least take one year at a time..focus 2015)

6.1 Pagan A
Definitely improves defensive line needs

6.5 Blue A
Definitely improves in running passing game needs

6.35 Prosch A
Definitely improves in running pass blocking game n special teams needs

7.1 Hal and Ballentine A
Definitely improves competition and invites hidden talents

Compare to what happened last year it should definitely improve the team. All of the new 26 of 27 coaches, asst coaches, coordinators, QB, injured rookies last year, players that left, and this year draftees can now emerge and develop.
I believe after this it's fair to allow them this yearly time to show and play a competitive and winning season. As a fan it can be rough and impatient sometime through past seasons. I'm hoping they should at least get to a sane 8-8 this year and above to stay away from this total complete assessment.

Last edited by TexanBorn51; 05-11-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grades
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #83
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Average and ordinary! Lol

I knew I could count on you!
I somewhat agree with him , for me the grade on this draft is based off of the top 4 players taken .... the rest don't appear to be special. Don't take that to mean I think they were bad choices or poor players. Its no lock that any of them make the final 53.

Clowney A
Su'a-Filo A
Fiedorowicz C (like the player , not the choice)
Nix A

After that , I wasn't particularly thrilled with any choice. They do appear at first glance to be average to ordinary.

Savage - Incomplete Has a full box of tools , lots of potential, more likely a wasted pick. Hard for me to believe that a late 4th round pick is going to be a starting QB in the NFL. (yeah I know there are exceptions).

Jeffrey Pagan C , Definite need pick with only Watt & Crick on the roster at DE. I probably would have taken a DE (or OT) in place of Savage. Should be in the rotation at DE.

Alfred Blue C , Another need pick. Average talent , backup in college.

Jay Prosch B , Best player at his position in the draft. Hard to complain about. Not a sexy pick but a good one even if the position is devalued.

Andre Hall B , Cant knock picking a CB here. Special teams player , that unit really needs improvement.

Lonnie Ballentine B , Athletic safety high reward low risk.

None of those guys from Savage on down blows you away. They did what they were suppose to do , filled needs with guys who they believe fit the systems they will implement.
Prosch will likely be the day one starter at FB , Pagan should be in the DE rotation , Blue will be a backup unless Foster implodes, Hall & Ballentine may make the roster , may not probably depends upon their performance on ST.

They went into the draft with one BIG need and likely didn't fill it (Hope I'm wrong). I give them a pass tho because they got three guy's in Clowney , Nix and Su'a-Filo with first round talent & the QB's don't appear to be franchise types , taking any one of them would likely have been a reach.

Now I hope they read this and set out to prove me wrong ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #84
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Very solid draft, I am real happy with it. One glaring concern though, we didn't draft any OL, so are we rolling with Newton next season?
Put down the bong you've had to much today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #85
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I somewhat agree with him , for me the grade on this draft is based off of the top 4 players taken .... the rest don't appear to be special. Don't take that to mean I think they were bad choices or poor players. Its no lock that any of them make the final 53.

Clowney A
Su'a-Filo A
Fiedorowicz C (like the player , not the choice)
Nix A

After that , I wasn't particularly thrilled with any choice. They do appear at first glance to be average to ordinary.

Savage - Incomplete Has a full box of tools , lots of potential, more likely a wasted pick. Hard for me to believe that a late 4th round pick is going to be a starting QB in the NFL. (yeah I know there are exceptions).

Jeffrey Pagan C , Definite need pick with only Watt & Crick on the roster at DE. I probably would have taken a DE (or OT) in place of Savage. Should be in the rotation at DE.

Alfred Blue C , Another need pick. Average talent , backup in college.

Jay Prosch B , Best player at his position in the draft. Hard to complain about. Not a sexy pick but a good one even if the position is devalued.

Andre Hall B , Cant knock picking a CB here. Special teams player , that unit really needs improvement.

Lonnie Ballentine B , Athletic safety high reward low risk.

None of those guys from Savage on down blows you away. They did what they were suppose to do , filled needs with guys who they believe fit the systems they will implement.
Prosch will likely be the day one starter at FB , Pagan should be in the DE rotation , Blue will be a backup unless Foster implodes, Hall & Ballentine may make the roster , may not probably depends upon their performance on ST.

They went into the draft with one BIG need and likely didn't fill it (Hope I'm wrong). I give them a pass tho because they got three guy's in Clowney , Nix and Su'a-Filo with first round talent & the QB's don't appear to be franchise types , taking any one of them would likely have been a reach.

Now I hope they read this and set out to prove me wrong ....
They are building this team like I like football teams - Big, Strong, Tough!

I love what they were able to do in a single draft.

And I don't agree about not filling the biggest hole (QB), I would rather they wait and try to find the QB through another avenue than to waste a pick on anyone they aren't sold with.

I don't think any of the QB's in this draft excited O'Brien.

The position I'm looking at is running back. Can Foster fit in this style (grind it out) Offense?
Old 05-11-2014   #86
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Even Patriots fans think they had a good draft, and they totally stunk at their draft. Bellicheck taking a QB in round 2 and a project player in round 1?

Fans always want to look for the positives.

I think in our draft the coaches did what they intended to do for the most part. Nothing goes as planned the entire time, but they probably wanted to bring in their guys for the system they want to implement which will need to start in the trenches. My favorite pick is that NT assuming he ends up being a good space eater in the middle who can cause some havoc as well. With him going in there, it makes me feel better about the Clowney pick.
Well, except for the Eeyore folks of coarse and every fanbase needs a resident Eeyore. Thanks so much for being (one of) ours.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 05-11-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added parentheses
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #87
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
They are building this team like I like football teams - Big, Strong, Tough!

I love what they were able to do in a single draft.

Sure , I agree completely .... just that those guys taken from 4:35 on down may not make the final 53 , they were average to ordinary players (in terms of NFL talent) and that's why they were available at those spots.

Quote:
And I don't agree about not filling the biggest hole (QB), I would rather they wait and try to find the QB through another avenue than to waste a pick on anyone they aren't sold with.

I don't think any of the QB's in this draft excited O'Brien.
Like I said , I give them a pass on the QB spot .... no reason to reach for a player who you don't believe in. They resisted that temptation .... In this pass happy league of instant results , that's tough to do.
If Savage turns out to be a starter , great. If not , they can find their QB of the future at a later date ... no issue with this at all. He was a gamble worth taking .... full box of tools.

Quote:
The position I'm looking at is running back. Can Foster fit in this style grind it out Offense?
That's a good question & he does have a lot of wear & tear on his body .... not to mention coming off of surgery.

I think they could surprise some people. This defense looks like it's going to be very good.
Its not out of the realm of possibility that they make the playoffs right out of the gate with a journeyman QB at the helm.
The schedule is favorable , two other teams in their division have questions under center.
Win those 4 games and you are half way to 8-8 with a last place schedule while last years playoff contenders will face opposition that finished with better records last season outside of those games decided by divisional rotation.

I can see them finishing ~9-7 if they get some breaks along the way.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #88
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Sure , I agree completely .... just that those guys taken from 4:35 on down may not make the final 53 , they were average to ordinary players (in terms of NFL talent) and that's why they were available at those spots.

Like I said , I give them a pass on the QB spot .... no reason to reach for a player who you don't believe in. They resisted that temptation .... In this pass happy league of instant results , that's tough to do.
If Savage turns out to be a starter , great. If not , they can find their QB of the future at a later date ... no issue with this at all. He was a gamble worth taking .... full box of tools.

That's a good question & he does have a lot of wear & tear on his body .... not to mention coming off of surgery.

I think they could surprise some people. This defense looks like it's going to be very good.
Its not out of the realm of possibility that they make the playoffs right out of the gate with a journeyman QB at the helm.
The schedule is favorable , two other teams in their division have questions under center.
Win those 4 games and you are half way to 8-8 with a last place schedule while last years playoff contenders will face opposition that finished with better records last season outside of those games decided by divisional rotation.

I can see them finishing ~9-7 if they get some breaks along the way.
I completely missed that you said you give them a pass on the QB spot.

Sorry about that, I need to read slower.
Old 05-11-2014   #89
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper: Houston Texans: A-

Quote:
Top needs: QB, OLB, RT, DE

Needs: A-
Value: A-

Summary: The Texans drafted a generational talent in Jadeveon Clowney, safely the top prospect in the entire draft, and somehow the focus was on what they would do at quarterback. Swing a trade? Draft another Carr? Well, they did end up getting a potential starter in Tom Savage, and I liked the value -- they grabbed Savage in Round 4 when I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go a round earlier. Make no mistake: Savage is no short-term savior. But the potential is there. The Texans got stronger in the trenches. Xavier Su'a-Filo is the best guard in the draft, and not only is C.J. Fiedorowicz an underrated athlete at tight end, he can actually block somebody, which isn't common in this tight end class. On defense, Louis Nix III is a steal at No. 83 if he's in decent shape, and with him, J.J. Watt and Clowney around, the Texans look awfully versatile up front. Jay Prosch is a bruiser at fullback, and I think Andre Hal could be a decent depth addition at CB soon. The Texans really could have gone a few different directions with that No. 1 pick and justified it. But they put aside questions of scheme, need, and everything else and simply took a potentially great player. I did think they could add a tackle, but Su'a-Filo makes them better up front, and will help the run game. if Nix and Savage pan out, this could be a great class.

2014 draft picks
Code:
Rd	Pk	Pos	Player	College
(1)	1	DE	Jadeveon Clowney	South Carolina
(2)	33	G	Xavier Su'a-Filo	UCLA
(3)	65	TE	C.J. Fiedorowicz	Iowa
(3)	83	DT	Louis Nix III	Notre Dame
(4)	135	QB	Tom Savage	Pittsburgh
(6)	177	DE	Jeoffrey Pagan	Alabama
(6)	181	RB	Alfred Blue	LSU
(6)	211	FB	Jay Prosch	Auburn
(7)	216	CB	Andre Hal	Vanderbilt
(7)	256	S	Lonnie Ballentine	Memphis
McShay's favorite picks of 2014 draft
Quote:
Houston Texans
Rd. 1 (1): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

The Texans put together a good draft, and while there were a few different picks that merit consideration, I had to go with the No. 1 pick. Houston made the right decision in taking Clowney first overall. He is the best and most talented player in this class, and the Texans will make him fit in Romeo Crennel's scheme, taking advantage of his excellent pass-rushing ability and physical tools (including wide receiver-like straight-line speed). He's got a chance to be a superstar in the NFL.
Most improved teams from each division
Quote:
AFC South: Houston Texans

The Texans want to be a physical football team, and that was evident with several of the team's picks. Second-round guard Xavier Su'a-Filo is a tone-setter, third-round tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz should contribute early as a complement to Garrett Graham, and if third-round nose tackle Louis Nix III plays in the NFL like he did his 2012 season at Notre Dame, he's a steal, because he's a perfect fit in Romeo Crennel's system. If anyone can take fourth-round quarterback Tom Savage's raw talent and mold him into a successful NFL quarterback, it's coach Bill O'Brien. And, most important, the Texans also came away with the No. 1 player in this draft in Jadeveon Clowney, who should have an immediate impact as a pass-rusher his rookie season. When he gets one-on-one matchups, look out.
Pete Prisco B-plus
Quote:
Houston Texans: Taking Jadeveon Clowney was a no-brainer with the top pick, but why wait to take a quarterback until the fourth? They did a nice job picking players for the defensive line.

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-11-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #90
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Only thing I disliked about this draft was the reach at TE with the 3rd pick. If you wanted a blocker why not draft that Moses kid and stick him on the right side? TE's are very easy to find in this league.

B+ draft.
Old 05-11-2014   #91
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Solid B. I like the direction they're heading in. Big and strong. First 4 picks get an A from me. Afterward although I hope Savage works out, I don't see anything in his game that makes me think he'll be anything other than a typical late 4 early 5 round backup QB.
I would have rather have an R-OT or an ILB in that spot. Pagan and Prosch will decide if this was a really good draft or not. I still think their QB of the future is in next years draft. I would have picked several other RB's than Blue in that spot also. I hope I'm wrong on him.
Old 05-11-2014   #92
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Only thing I disliked about this draft was the reach at TE with the 3rd pick. If you wanted a blocker why not draft that Moses kid and stick him on the right side? TE's are very easy to find in this league.

B+ draft.
You may not like the position choice but the player was no reach.
Old 05-11-2014   #93
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Correct. Richard Rodgers and Crockett Gilmore were pressed up into the end of the 3rd, as TE was light on depth and high on team's needs.

Getting the TE they liked, the trade up to get Nix, and still getting their developmental QB 47 picks later was pretty masterfully played imo.
Old 05-11-2014   #94
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Anyone notice the C the chron readers are giving the draft? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #95
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
Anyone notice the C the chron readers are giving the draft?
Pretty sure that's a reader's poll. Manziel supporters handing out "F" grades.
Old 05-11-2014   #96
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
no doubt CJ will be the best TE in Texan history, Kubiak to his credit seemed to get by with 4th rd. picks with great success. O'Brian treasures TE position. blocking is a huge plus but he will surprise you with his ability to pluck the ball & bull ahead for important conversions & touchdowns. I don't blame the average fan, especially those who don't follow College Football. If I where to compare him to an NFL player you might be more familiar with how about Pittsburgh Steeler Heath Miller, selected in the 1st rd. 30th overall in 2005. Two time Pro-Bowler, 40TD's & 5,279 yards while being primarily Big Ben's pass blocker.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #97
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I do not grade drafts.
Old 05-11-2014   #98
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I give this draft an F-.

We needed a franchise QB and there wasn't one worthy, so I give THE 2014 DRAFT an F-.

I didn't actually vote, though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #99
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
NE seemed to like LSU backs it seems , Kevin Faulk and Steven Ridley as examples .
good point I never considered. just focused on player with most upside or highest ceiling, which in this case I feel there where better prospects. Do like his size, this whole bigger, stronger thing is kinda catchy, lol

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-11-2014   #100
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I do not grade drafts.
Mike Mayock is that you?

seriously his mock draft was the worst. his evaluation overall was bad. I don't think he SHOULD grade drafts. Because, its just for fun & he has no fun doing it

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read