Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2014   #81
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 UDFAs

This is all the names I can find gathered from a number of websites.

State of the Texans. NEPats Draft, SBNation....

Bryan Witzmann, OT, South Dakota State
Cory Henry, DE, FAU
Julius Warmsley, DT, Tulane
Nathan Slaughter, WR, West Texas A&M
Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State
Anthony Denham, TE, Utah
Tyone Ezell, DT, Pittsburgh (TRYOUT)
Travis Labhart, WR, Texas A&M (Per David Nuño)
Chris Martin, OT, Central Florida
Chris Boswell, K, Rice
Chris McAllister, DE, Baylor
Matt Feiler, OT, Bloomsburg
Brendan Daly, LB, Hawaii, (TRYOUT)
Stan Grosz, DT, Cal Poly
Chris Young, LB, Arizona State
Wade Keliikipi, DT, Oregon (TRYOUT)
Austin Brown, DT, Miami (OH)
Jason Ankrah, DE, Nebraska
Nick Addison, S, Bethune-Cookman (TRYOUT)
Kjleby Oiland, C, Montana
Chris Coyle, TE, Arizona State
Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State
Terrance Lloyd, OLB, Baylor
Lacoltan Bester, WR, Oklahoma
Anthony McClung, WR, Cincinnati
Ian Thompson, TE, Lousiana-Lafayette (TRYOUT)
Kevin Forsch, OL, Houston
Josh Stewart, WR, Oklahoma
Theo Alexander, FS, Southeastern Louisianna
Old 05-11-2014   #82
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This is all the names I can find gathered from a number of websites.

State of the Texans. NEPats Draft, SBNation....

Bryan Witzmann, OT, South Dakota State
Cory Henry, DE, FAU
Julius Warmsley, DT, Tulane
Nathan Slaughter, WR, West Texas A&M
Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State
Anthony Denham, TE, Utah
Tyone Ezell, DT, Pittsburgh (TRYOUT)
Travis Labhart, WR, Texas A&M (Per David Nuño)
Chris Martin, OT, Central Florida
Chris Boswell, K, Rice
Chris McAllister, DE, Baylor
Matt Feiler, OT, Bloomsburg
Brendan Daly, LB, Hawaii, (TRYOUT)
Stan Grosz, DT, Cal Poly
Chris Young, LB, Arizona State
Wade Keliikipi, DT, Oregon (TRYOUT)
Austin Brown, DT, Miami (OH)
Jason Ankrah, DE, Nebraska
Nick Addison, S, Bethune-Cookman (TRYOUT)
Kjleby Oiland, C, Montana
Chris Coyle, TE, Arizona State
Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State
Terrance Lloyd, OLB, Baylor
Lacoltan Bester, WR, Oklahoma
Anthony McClung, WR, Cincinnati
Ian Thompson, TE, Lousiana-Lafayette (TRYOUT)
Kevin Forsch, OL, Houston
Josh Stewart, WR, Oklahoma
Theo Alexander, FS, Southeastern Louisianna
I expected to see more LBs in that group.
Old 05-11-2014   #83
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty surprised at some of the players that went undrafted like Skov and Bullough among others. I know it happens every year so I shouldn't be surprised, but I often wonder why they drop and other players I don't think will be drafted often go in the mid and later rounds. Guess the GM's and Coaches are smarter than us.

Anyway, has anybody heard anything about where Isaiah Lewis went? He's a SS that played with Bullough at Michigan St. Was hoping the Texans would pick him in the later rounds but he's another one that dropped to UDFA status.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #84
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Anyway, has anybody heard anything about where Isaiah Lewis went? He's a SS that played with Bullough at Michigan St. Was hoping the Texans would pick him in the later rounds but he's another one that dropped to UDFA status.
He went to the Bengals

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #85
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
He went to the Bengals
Well crap!

Could've been a good one for us!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #86
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I expected to see more LBs in that group.
The 3 listed DEs there (Henry, McAllister, Ankrah) will be OLBs here. Regardless, I agree.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #87
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless my memory fails me, I can't remember the Texans ever jumping on so many UDFAs so quickly after the completion of the Draft. Looks like this regimen had great anticipation with a separate UDFA DRAFT BOARD ready and waiting to go.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #88
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unless my memory fails me, I can't remember the Texans ever jumping on so many UDFAs so quickly after the completion of the Draft...
Did same last year. I'm actually a bit disappointed in this crop, but there's a lot for me to catch up on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #89
dsorc
Veteran

Rep Power: 7032 dsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respected

Have we made any cuts recently? If I add up the guys listed as being on the roster on the Texans website, the draft picks not already there, and the list of UDFA mentioned in this thread, the number of players on the Texans roster would be a little bit over 100. Max roster size should be 90.
dsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #90
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I had this guy in my most recent mock in the 5th round.

He's not the most athletically gifted but he was the heart and soul of the nations top defense. Maximum effort , sideline to sideline.

If a UDFA sticks , my money is on Bullough.
The 6-foot-3, 245-pound Bullough was a four-year contributor and three-year starter at middle linebacker, finishing with 299 tackles (18th in MSU history) and 30 ½ for losses (11th). He was All-Big Ten first team and an MSU captain the past two seasons and a third-team All-American as a senior, quarterbacking a defense that led the nation in total defense for most of the season.

Bullough did not play in the 24-20 Rose Bowl win over Stanford because he was suspended for a still-undisclosed violation of team rules. That stunning development -- for an Academic All-American who was one of 16 finalists for the William V. Campbell Trophy as the top scholar-athlete in the country – was a talking point at the NFL scouting combine.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...ee-agent-deals
I remember this incident now. So what the hell did he get suspended in the bowl game for, anybody know ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #91
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a fun watch...

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
TAMU WR Travis Labhart getting ready for the draft. Good stuff here. #Texans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaZljojrYc
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #92
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I remember this incident now. So what the hell did he get suspended in the bowl game for, anybody know ?
I posted in a different thread a while back, but the rumor I heard is that he was struggling with an addiction to painkillers and his parents staged an intervention with the help of Coach Dantonio. Part of that intervention included his suspension for the Rose Bowl.

Again, just a rumor, but I actually find it plausible because this was not the first time I'd heard about him having problems with painkillers.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #93
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

DT Austin Brown Miami (OH)

highlight video above
Old 05-11-2014   #94
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I posted in a different thread a while back, but the rumor I heard is that he was struggling with an addiction to painkillers and his parents staged an intervention with the help of Coach Dantonio. Part of that intervention included his suspension for the Rose Bowl.

Again, just a rumor, but I actually find it plausible because this was not the first time I'd heard about him having problems with painkillers.
From the information that I've been able to gather, despite his denial, he did fail a drug test (supposedly for steroids, Oxycontin [not oxycodone] and Adderall). In the span of a little more than 3 weeks, at the Combine he weighed in at 249, down from 265 at the East-West Shrine game. The "secrecy" appears to be based on the fact that this may have been a systemic institutional issue which would target the school program for discipline.

Independent of this, he was also deemed to have signed with an agent too early, which would also have been a suspendable infraction.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #95
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
David Nuño @DavidNunoABC13
Just got word that @Labhart15 (Travis Labhart from Texas A&M) just agreed to a deal with the #texans #abc13
Whoop!

I love this pick-up. He was the most reliable receiver on the A&M team last season. Gave Manziel a safety blanket and was an excellent slot receiver.

Dude worked his way up from being a walk-on to making the team. Used to be on the Women's Basketball team as a practice squad player for them.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #96
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Used to be on the Women's Basketball team as a practice squad player for them.
Ow Oh.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #97
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ow Oh.
That kid could be pretty smart.

Or confused.

Or both.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #98
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That kid could be pretty smart.

Or confused.

Or both.
I've seen the A&M basketball team. Smart would have been practice squad for the soccer team.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #99
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I've seen the A&M basketball team. Smart would have been practice squad for the soccer team.
Those soccer girls are pretty fine.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #100
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'm pretty surprised at some of the players that went undrafted like Skov and Bullough among others. I know it happens every year so I shouldn't be surprised, but I often wonder why they drop and other players I don't think will be drafted often go in the mid and later rounds. Guess the GM's and Coaches are smarter than us.

Part of it is that positions become devalued because of rules or tactics that are en vogue.

ILB is a prime example of that as they are 1-2 down players replaced by a DB who's value is inflated as that 3rd corner / safety is essentially a starter.

WR is an inflated value position as teams throw more as we saw 12 taken in the first two rounds in contrast to RB where the first player wasn't chosen until the mid 50's.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read