Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #61
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bang the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Yeah I'm starting to come around to that.

Aaron Murray is the QB that I want the most out of the guys left after thinking about it for a while.
I kinda like him too but it's to early for him IMO.
Old 05-09-2014   #62
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132788 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't take him right now.

I'd trade down and add Kyle Van Noy.

This team needs him at OLB opposite Clowney.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #63
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11706 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we are in position to not only take a another player inside...but get a stud player there who can dominate and not just get the job done. We can fill holes in the 3rd - 5th round. Get the stud player now. For instance our biggest need isn't a Guard, but someone like Xavier Su'a-Filo is a Logan Mankin's like Pro Bowl potential prospect.
Vinny, I don't always agree with your post, but this one, I'm with ya. I think Su'a-Filo would be an outstanding pick in the 2nd round and I really didn't think he would be there for them. It definitely fills a need at LG so I hope they pull the trigger.
Insideop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #64
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a part of me that would really like Nix at 33. The other part of me knows he'll likely come off the field in nickel/dime situations, so I'm good with going elsewhere with the pick. Preferably trading back some
Old 05-09-2014   #65
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see Nix play nose & end for Romeo. Clowney standing up already suggests they have a plan. he is athletic, has a quick burst & would absorb blockers keeping Clowney clean. this is critical for JD success & nice change from College. also had 1st rd. grade on him but unlike Bucannon he is still available, I'd say select him #33

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #66
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm banging the table for a trade down and A.J. McCarron in the 2nd. Preferably trade 33 for both 49'ers second rounders (56, 61)
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we are in position to not only take a another player inside...but get a stud player there who can dominate and not just get the job done. We can fill holes in the 3rd - 5th round. Get the stud player now. For instance our biggest need isn't a Guard, but someone like Xavier Su'a-Filo is a Logan Mankin's like Pro Bowl potential prospect.
hey this sounds familiar

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #68
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hey this sounds familiar
Right on, man. Told my dad when we just saw it that you called it earlier today.
Old 05-09-2014   #69
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11706 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hey this sounds familiar
Good call and great pick! Fills that hole at LG.
Insideop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #70
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, vinny didnt call it today. He called it yesterday. Props dude. Texans are drafting BPA and getting nasty. I like it. Brooks at one guard and X at the other. WE WILL CONVERT ON 2-1 or 3-1. I'm happy.
Old 05-09-2014   #71
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
https://twitter.com/TexansTalk/statu...28946374774784

I think it's Stephon Tuitt...stud 5 technique

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.

then trade back into the second and get one of those QB's.
God damned nostradamus. Who we taking in the 3rd?
Old 05-09-2014   #72
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of any of them to be honest. I just think we'll take one. A.J. "Trent Green" McCarron, or Zach "Matt Schaub" Mettenberger don't do much for me...and don't get me started on drafting the Carr family...yikes.
I think Savage is the guy that OB wants. He is boom or bust because of all the college shuffling. Never anywhere long enough to get a sure evaluation. Definitely someone that would have to hold a clipboard and learn.
Old 05-09-2014   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I think Savage is the guy that OB wants. He is boom or bust because of all the college shuffling. Never anywhere long enough to get a sure evaluation. Definitely someone that would have to hold a clipboard and learn.
& doesn't prevent us from taking a QB early in next year's draft if we get him with a 4th/5th round pick.
Old 05-11-2014   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
... outside of first two, tried more for more guys you're not hearing about from talking heads and who might fit with us:

Dee Ford, Jeremiah Attaochu, Prince Shembo
Aaron Colvin, Pierre Desir, Nevin Lawson
Justin Ellis, George Uko
Christian Kirksey, Preston Brown, Jordan Zumwalt
Keith Wenning
James White
Rob Blanchflower(my Mr. Irrelevant)
Bruce Ellington, Michael Campanero, Cody Latimer, Jarvis Landry, Josh Huff, Jalen Saunders
Billy Turner, Gabe Jackson, Michael Schofield, John Urshel(long shot Texans)
0-fer!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #75
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Winners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
My favorite guy at each position. I'd bang the table for any one of them to be on the Texans.

QB - Teddy Bridgewater
RB - Charles Sims
WR - Sammy Watkins
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
OT - Antonio Richardson
OG - Xavier Su'a-FiloC - Weston Richburg

DE - Stephon Tuitt
NT - Zack Kerr
OLB - Khalil Mack
ILB - C.J. Mosley
CB - Kyle Fuller
S - Deone Bucannon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
WR Jordan Matthews.
This guy is a warrior; just quietly get things done.
All the measurables of a first round pick.

TE C.J. Fiedorowicz.All the measurables of a 2nd-to early 3rd rounder.
Best overall TE in this draft.
Excellent blocker that neutralized any one LSU threw at him.

@Playoffs, I think Branchflower may get drafted.
I wouldn't mind spending a 7th on him.
But Larry Webster is also intriguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
Quote:
https://twitter.com/TexansTalk/statu...28946374774784

I think it's Stephon Tuitt...stud 5 technique

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.

then trade back into the second and get one of those QB's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I could see Nix play nose & end for Romeo. Clowney standing up already suggests they have a plan. he is athletic, has a quick burst & would absorb blockers keeping Clowney clean. this is critical for JD success & nice change from College. also had 1st rd. grade on him but unlike Bucannon he is still available, I'd say select him #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Nice gentlemen!
Old 05-13-2014   #76
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #77
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Any or as many of these dudes would really make this draft for me.

Aaron Donald - upgrade Antonio Smith who can kick inside
Anthony Barr - OLB high ceiling who kicks Brooks inside
Deone Bucannon - takes over secondary
Jordan Matthews - looks like a #1 to recharge Andre
Bishop Sankey - dynamic rb with a great future
Joel Bitonio - not pretty but effective & reliable
Ja'Waun James - franchise RT without the price tag
CJ Fiedorowicz - bigger, bader than Owen Daniels
Tajh Boyd - looks like playmaker to me, hook him back up w/DeAndre
Yawin Smallwood - length, size in a mans league
Hearing what I did today in Andre Johnson's own words I would have banged the table harder for Jordan Matthews. Was not thinking replace Andre, at least this year maybe in 2 or 3 when he retired

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read