Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-08-2014   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bang the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Ok confession time, how many of you went and looked her up to learn who this was? I did.
I just thought he meant Sandra Dee & wasn't going to say anything... y'know, to each his own.
Old 05-08-2014   #42
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111660 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok confession time, how many of you went and looked her up to learn who this was? I did.
Guilty as well.
Old 05-08-2014   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it bad that I didn't have to?
Old 05-08-2014   #44
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade back, get lots of extra picks...........

Sammy!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2014   #45
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

aaron murray for me
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #46
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114971 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone that can return kicks and punts. Don't care if it is in the 7th round.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Mussop is a serious banger.
I love this draft class. Man there is so many quality players.
Old 05-08-2014   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I love this draft class. Man there is so many quality players.
Agree that there are many good players that can fill some need this year in the first three rounds. Wish the Texans were able to trade down even though I do think that Clowney is the best player in this draft.

Now, who to root for at 2.1 ???

Tough call.

Thanks for the welcome backs, guys.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

WR Jordan Matthews.
This guy is a warrior; just quietly get things done.
All the measurables of a first round pick.

TE C.J. Fiedorowicz.
All the measurables of a 2nd-to early 3rd rounder.
Best overall TE in this draft.
Excellent blocker that neutralized any one LSU threw at him.

@Playoffs, I think Branchflower may get drafted.
I wouldn't mind spending a 7th on him.
But Larry Webster is also intriguing.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #50
mussop
Hall of Fame

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
Old 05-09-2014   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

https://twitter.com/TexansTalk/statu...28946374774784

I think it's Stephon Tuitt...stud 5 technique

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.
Quote:
"Guards with unique athleticism and size are at a premium, and Su'a-Filo is one of those," said Bill Polian, the former NFL general manager who assembled Super Bowl teams in Indianapolis and Buffalo. "If you're a passing team, such as the Colts were and the Broncos are now, you're looking for a more athletic kind of guard. If you're a power-running team like the 49ers, you're looking for more of a big, powerful road-grader, run-blocker type. Su'a-Filo is really a combination of those. He can do anything, and he'd be a fit for any team."

Polian called Su'a-Filo "without question" the best interior offensive lineman in this draft class.
then trade back into the second and get one of those QB's.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #52
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111660 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.

What qb do you prefer?
Old 05-09-2014   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
What qb do you prefer?
I'm not a big fan of any of them to be honest. I just think we'll take one. A.J. "Trent Green" McCarron, or Zach "Matt Schaub" Mettenberger don't do much for me...and don't get me started on drafting the Carr family...yikes.

Old 05-09-2014   #54
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of any of them to be honest. I just think we'll take one. A.J. "Trent Green" McCarron, or Zach "Matt Schaub" Mettenberger don't do much for me...and don't get me started on drafting the Carr family...yikes.
Im pretty much the same boat. If mccarron makes it to our 3rd I guess I can deal but im not sold on any of them. Not sure what possession ill break if we draft carr 33. God, please, no.
Old 05-09-2014   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
What qb do you prefer?
They all have flaws.

HWWNBM looks the part , has great mechanics and a rocket arm .... But he's piss poor against pressure < 50% completion. Sound familiar ?! And who the hell wants to deal with Daddy HWWNBM??

Mettenberger also looks the part , but he's much like HWWNBM in that he struggles under pressure ~50% completion & throws a lot of balls into coverage. Also injured & failed a drug test.

Murray was hurt ~50% completion under pressure , low % of completions > 15 yards.

McCarron hard to judge with so much talent around him. Numbers wise , he's the best one left. Has good size & can make all the throws. If not for a fluke play , may have won back to back to back BCS championships. Probably pro ready. Had he left a year earlier was probably a first rounder.

Garappolo has a 3/4 delivery and that's about the only knock I have on him other than level of competition.

Boyd , Shaw , Savage & Thomas I want no part of couple others like Brett Smith of Wyoming & Dustin Vaughan of West Texas A&M that I might take a flyer on real late or as UDFA's.

If I had to hazard a guess right now , it would be McCarron.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #56
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I haven't invested much study time into this draft class, so I'm largely just along for the ride at this point. However, one thing encouraging is this:

Based on the Top 100 list produced by SBNation, there are still 10 legitimate 3-4 DL available; 3 TEs from the Top 50 available; and a lot of RTs/OGs... That's only one list and does not indicate how much better Nix may be than Jernigan or Ferguson, for instance. But, it does seem to create a lot of flexibility and potential to gain value with some trade downs and also draft needs without reaching.
Old 05-09-2014   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I haven't invested much study time into this draft class, so I'm largely just along for the ride at this point. However, one thing encouraging is this:

Based on the Top 100 list produced by SBNation, there are still 10 legitimate 3-4 DL available; 3 TEs from the Top 50 available; and a lot of RTs/OGs... That's only one list and does not indicate how much better Nix may be than Jernigan or Ferguson, for instance. But, it does seem to create a lot of flexibility and potential to gain value with some trade downs and also draft needs without reaching.
it's a great opportunity to secure another elite starter with elite physical tools in the trenches. Toughness inside has always been a problem here...so that's why I'm all excited about where we sit this morning. I'd be super pumped if we went in the direction I think we are finally heading with either one of the guys I identify or a similar prospect as you have stated. I'd rather see us build a solid team and let a QB come to us and not rush to square peg our round hole there. I don't want to see us panic by reaching for a QB...build a rock solid team up the middle and let BoB work his magic with a guy we haven't overreached for until we identify a long term solution at qb.

Old 05-09-2014   #58
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Beefing up the lines is always a good move, not matter who you are. Games are won and lost at the line. I'm always good with getting a good lineman on either side.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Beefing up the lines is always a good move, not matter who you are. Games are won and lost at the line. I'm always good with getting a good lineman on either side.
we are in position to not only take a another player inside...but get a stud player there who can dominate and not just get the job done. We can fill holes in the 3rd - 5th round. Get the stud player now. For instance our biggest need isn't a Guard, but someone like Xavier Su'a-Filo is a Logan Mankin's like Pro Bowl potential prospect.

Old 05-09-2014   #60
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
aaron murray for me

Yeah I'm starting to come around to that.

Aaron Murray is the QB that I want the most out of the guys left after thinking about it for a while.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read